Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by Troubbble »

dud wrote:^what specific moments are you referencing?
I think someone shared a couple of timestamps from the first two episodes in the other thread. During one scene in those episodes, I definitely saw a bizarre looking face appear for just a moment. Believe it was in a shot of Bill Hastings' wife at her home... Right in the center of the screen, largeish and hard to miss.

Saw it the first night and made a note to look for it again later... Then saw other people discussing things that had appeared for only a few frames. Think it's been done at least twice.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Troubbble wrote:
I think someone shared a couple of timestamps from the first two episodes in the other thread. During one scene in those episodes, I definitely saw a bizarre looking face appear for just a moment. Believe it was in a shot of Bill Hastings' wife at her home... Right in the center of the screen, largeish and hard to miss.

Saw it the first night and made a note to look for it again later... Then saw other people discussing things that had appeared for only a few frames. Think it's been done at least twice.
You're trolling.
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

thedougpa wrote:
Troubbble wrote:

You're trolling.
Maybe I was completely hallucinating, but I'm pretty sure about seeing something like that. Similar to the spooky subliminal stuff in The Exorcist.

What would be the point of BSing anyone about something so trivial?
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

No, I have seen the picture. There does appear to be something off on it.
beyondthesea

Post by beyondthesea »

I posted this yesterday, but apparently I didn't post this successfully yesterday.

I'm surprised more people haven't discussed the Sonny Jim scene at breakfast. Or maybe you have. It really reminded me of interactions between Cooper and the dwarf in the Black Lodge. The positioning of the chairs, the seating arrangement, the shape of the kid's face and hairstyle, the pouring of gloopy syrup on Cooper's pancakes, the coffee, the shuffly music, the colour of the kid's top, the way the kid was smiling, Cooper's confusion. So many aspects seem to be being channelled. I'm not suggesting their is any major significance, but all the same I thought it was quite cool. All that could have been done to make it more obvious would be Watts planting a kiss on his cheek.
OneEyedJack
Roadhouse Member

Post by OneEyedJack »

beyondthesea wrote:I posted this yesterday, but apparently I didn't post this successfully yesterday.

I'm surprised more people haven't discussed the Sonny Jim scene at breakfast. Or maybe you have. It really reminded me of interactions between Cooper and the dwarf in the Black Lodge. The positioning of the chairs, the seating arrangement, the shape of the kid's face and hairstyle, the pouring of gloopy syrup on Cooper's pancakes, the coffee, the shuffly music, the colour of the kid's top, the way the kid was smiling, Cooper's confusion. So many aspects seem to be being channelled. I'm not suggesting their is any major significance, but all the same I thought it was quite cool. All that could have been done to make it more obvious would be Watts planting a kiss on his cheek.
Great post A++ - love this
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Hmmm, I hadn't thought about Sunny being a substitute for the Little Man... They did have him represent the waiter with the thumbs up. I did take it as a representation of Cooper in his most perfect, content place... great Northern having breakfast.

Did we comment that Bad Cooper had his tape recorder when playing his recording to Daria?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
arfredo

Post by arfredo »

beyondthesea wrote:I posted this yesterday, but apparently I didn't post this successfully yesterday.

On a side note to this, I have to say that in my wild imagination, when I first saw the cast list, I had the kid (Pierre Gagnon) very high in my list of potential "successors" for TMFAP. I didn't thought at the time of the obvious possibility of a weird tree with the talking thingy on top.

Some people noticed that when Coop meets Sonny Jim upstairs, before having breakfast, Coop touches his stomach where he was shot and the kid answers with a thumbs up, which is a moment that truly feels as if the kid were a member of the Lodges.
phillipjeffriestp

Post by phillipjeffriestp »

mtwentz wrote:
Soolsma wrote:I think they're going to use BOB later on, in later and more climaxing situations. E.g. when the Coopers will be having their confrontations. BOB is still a big part of the mystery of the cliffhanger that still is intact, would be silly to take the drive behind it away so early.

Nudity/sex > felt pretty natural to me, unlike for example with GoT.
Do you have any theories why the entity appeared, attacked and killed when the 'kids' were having sex?

I have a far out theory- that the entity is actually the spirit of Annie Blackburn, who may have been sexually frustrated and repressed from her time in the convent.
Personally, I would say that the ghost is the blind women Cooper met after falling moments after being in the glass box. I guess glass box is some kind of Project Blue Book experiment created to capture ghost/entities from Black Lodge/Shadow Universe.

In episode 3, the blind woman moves her hands like they were sharp swords in a way that seems she wants to warn Cooper of something.

After, she climbs a ladder, flip a switch and after being hit by electricity we see her falling in to the void like Cooper did few scenes before!

Probably, the ghost is an evil entity who feed on sex and fear as Bob does. In fact, both guys were a bit scared about the disappeared guard and eerie situation but this clearly doesn't stop them from having a little fun. Or she's a simply scared soul because is blind and suddenly lands up in a different reality. Don't know if the ghost is the blind woman,the "mother knocking at the door" or someone else, but I'm pretty sure this ghost came from the same place where Cooper met the blind woman and Ronette look-alike.
beyondthesea

Post by beyondthesea »

arfredo wrote:

On a side note to this, I have to say that in my wild imagination, when I first saw the cast list, I had the kid (Pierre Gagnon) very high in my list of potential "successors" for TMFAP. I didn't thought at the time of the obvious possibility of a weird tree with the talking thingy on top.

Some people noticed that when Coop meets Sonny Jim upstairs, before having breakfast, Coop touches his stomach where he was shot and the kid answers with a thumbs up, which is a moment that truly feels as if the kid were a member of the Lodges.
Ah yes, I clocked that bit too. Except I was thinking he was touching his stomach because of the stab wound that was inflicted on him in the Lodge.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

phillipjeffriestp wrote: Personally, I would say that the ghost is the blind women Cooper met after falling moments after being in the glass box. I guess glass box is some kind of Project Blue Book experiment created to capture ghost/entities from Black Lodge/Shadow Universe.
Do you think it might be Josie Packard? She appears to be Chinese in your stills ... kind of. Also, pretty sure i saw Josie wearing a dress like that.

Actually maybe not, this is the nearest fit l can find for Josie's dress in the original series:
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
Solitude

Post by Solitude »

StrangerDanger wrote:
phillipjeffriestp wrote: Personally, I would say that the ghost is the blind women Cooper met after falling moments after being in the glass box. I guess glass box is some kind of Project Blue Book experiment created to capture ghost/entities from Black Lodge/Shadow Universe.
Do you think it might be Josie Packard? She appears to be Chinese in your stills ... kind of. Also, pretty sure i saw Josie wearing a dress like that.

Actually maybe not, this is the nearest fit l can find for Josie's dress in the original series:
The character is credited as Naido, played by Nae Yuuki.
StrangerDanger
RR Diner Member

Post by StrangerDanger »

Solitude wrote:The character is credited as Naido, played by Nae Yuuki.
Thank you. I really need to get subtitles, it's too involved for me to understand directly by ear for me :(
leeeET's ROCK!
[ I've permanently left the forum ... Dugpa is a dodgy name, plus l'm too busy. Keep the :?: :idea: ]
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

credit goes to u/dahmer on reddit
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

I don't think Josie would greet Cooper kindly or sacrifice herself for him either. She had a less than great relationship with him.