Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

the_arm

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by the_arm »

Hey, I have read pretty far through here, but there is a lot so I might have missed this part of the thread. Has anyone considered the "missing piece related to Hawk's heritage" being something related to the Mark Frost book, from the Lewis and Clark chapter? I believe that an Indian from that time processed the ring. It goes without saying that those Native Americans could be related to Hawk do to proximity. I am sure that the stories there should be somewhat considered, right?
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

Rami Airola wrote:Oh!
Just realized it will be fun to eventually read the now hidden original Spoilers thread and read what everyone thought about the leaked picture of Cooper wearing the green jacket behind the scenes :D

I bet no one would've believed it's Cooper wearing the jacket of Dougie, who is gone now and turned into a sphere but who Cooper is now thought to be, and Cooper is senile from getting out of the Lodge.

Imagine if THIS image would've been leaked:
twin peaks 4a.png
(taken from Lost in the Movies' blog)

:D
That jacket took up pages in the thread. Hilarious when you think back now. My first thought when I saw it was, "there is that damn green jacket"! Be interesting to see other things from the spoiler thread to come to life, and be put in context.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

i think there is something more to the moment between albert and cole when albert confesses about talking to phillip jefferies and then cole looks really concerned and repeats 'albert...' three times. during this moment there is a sound of static and after the third 'albert' the sound ceases and cole no longer seems concerned about albert's confession...wonder if some lodge shenanigans are going on with cole's device, seeing as it runs on electricity and we now we pretty much have the confirmation that the spirits travel via electricity.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

THE EVOLUTION OF THE ARM
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Ross wrote:I've only watched the episodes once so far, but did Cooper disappear never to be heard from by anyone until the car accident? Meaning no one has been aware of, or connected Cooper to any past crimes? I guess that would negate theories that they were hiding Annie from Cooper?
I think Albert was kinda aware of Coopers whereabouts
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

On reddit some sound designer analyzed the sound from the gramophone and it turns out to be the sound of the slot machine
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Are they going to explain who mike and bob actually are ?Why do they look like the way they look etc?
kitty666cats
RR Diner Member

Post by kitty666cats »

Gordon wrote:Were those the same chocolate bunnies we see in the Pilot? Did Lucy eat a 25 years old bunny? Or did she eat it in 1989? Btw, is the new show set in 2017 or 2014? 25 years...
I'm pretty sure she ate it in 1989, judging by the dialogue. I came to this conclusion the 2nd time I watched the episode, wasn't too sure at first either.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Helloooooo

I re watched the first three episodes last night and wrote down notes and watched four tonight. I've changed my stance on the show I like it but like the vast majority of you I feel like the music is really, really lacking. I hope this is done on purpose because in certain scenes which I will get into in a later post they could've really used them

- Not sure if this is mentioned but the electrical panel in that weird room in the beginning of episode 3. The number is first 15. Then when it's the american woman (Ronnette) It changes to 3. Or 315 which is the room Cooper was staying in at The Great Northern. I doubt this was just a coincidence

- Gene and Jake who try to kill Dougie say the will meet at Mikey's. (Guessing Mikey is there boss. All though I believed it to be Bad Cooper

- I believe the jerk cop in episode 4 is the shady one.Lynch/Frost always are pretty straightforward with the cops. So one being a jerk to our favorite Twin Peaks police officers would be the most likely candidate to be dealing with drugs.

- We haven't seen a lot of new Truman yet but I was a bit taken back by the modern room in the police department. It was interesting how it seemingly didn't exist in the first three episodes. Now all of the sudden there's this whole massive police force. It got me thinking that the new Truman really runs the show here but as a favor to his brother kept on Lucy and Andy to do the mundane tasks. I think Truman respects Hawk to some degree but he also thinks his bizarre antics are a waste of time.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

A theory my cousin told me about which I found funny but I guess plausible is that Lucy had a traumatic experience and doesn't believe technology has advanced that's why she's startled by the cell phone and why the technological room is kept separate from her. Maybe ala Nadine in high school the town agreed to go along with Lucy thinking there were no cell phones etc.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
seacow

Post by seacow »

dunno if this has been mentioned, just noticed on 2nd rewatch that badCoop puts his benz in a storage box with a cat called jack. have we seen the car again yet? i don't remember which car he crashed but wasn't it like a crown vic or something? since we haven't seen badcoop since the scene with gordon i think we may see that mercedes again. anyway...

not to criticize mods at all -- i completely understand and accept why the board had to change as it did. i just wish we could look back upon the, what, 1200?, pages of speculation on the previous spoiler board just to see what we got right :P
i do remember someone (probably multiple people) speculating on Michael Cera being lucy & andy's son, and when that deputy came into the room saying "wally brando is outside" my first thought, because of dugpa, was 'what if it's actually michael cera' and when he showed up on screen i could've keeled over and died like patrick fisher's character at winkie's i swear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Helloooooo

I re watched the first three episodes last night and wrote down notes and watched four tonight. I've changed my stance on the show I like it but like the vast majority of you I feel like the music is really, really lacking. I hope this is done on purpose because in certain scenes which I will get into in a later post they could've really used them

- Not sure if this is mentioned but the electrical panel in that weird room in the beginning of episode 3. The number is first 15. Then when it's the american woman (Ronnette) It changes to 3. Or 315 which is the room Cooper was staying in at The Great Northern. I doubt this was just a coincidence

- Gene and Jake who try to kill Dougie say the will meet at Mikey's. (Guessing Mikey is there boss. All though I believed it to be Bad Cooper

- I believe the jerk cop in episode 4 is the shady one.Lynch/Frost always are pretty straightforward with the cops. So one being a jerk to our favorite Twin Peaks police officers would be the most likely candidate to be dealing with drugs.

- We haven't seen a lot of new Truman yet but I was a bit taken back by the modern room in the police department. It was interesting how it seemingly didn't exist in the first three episodes. Now all of the sudden there's this whole massive police force. It got me thinking that the new Truman really runs the show here but as a favor to his brother kept on Lucy and Andy to do the mundane tasks. I think Truman respects Hawk to some degree but he also thinks his bizarre antics are a waste of time.
- 15 is also "3" on a 24h clock. Could it be connected to the woman with no eyes perhaps not being American, then the number change to 3 when "American Girl" is there? Who knows?
- Mikey's COULD be a bar or something like that as well. But it makes more sense in the context that it's a person we will meet later.
- I disagree with Truman thinking Hawk is wasting time. He's clearly listening to him and taking him seriously, while "Jerk cop" gets sent out of the room immediately for not respecting Hawk/Log Lady.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
seacow

Post by seacow »

my biggest question for ep3: why did 'naido' not let Dale pass through the door marked '15,' forcing him to climb out of the room and sacrificing herself (maybe to 'mother?'), to go back to the room with 'american girl,' forcing him to pass through the outlet marked '3' and to switch with dougie rather than the badcoop? it's obvious that lodge spirits are not clearly aligned with good or evil, they are rather transient and work to their own ends but -- in my interpretation, were it not for dougie and badcoop's plan, the good dale would have gone thru the outlet marked 15 and never met the arm's doppelgänger marking him "non-exist-ent." the woman with no eyes (naido) must be aligned with BOB.

happyrat98

Post by happyrat98 »

seacow wrote:my biggest question for ep3: why did 'naido' not let Dale pass through the door marked '15,' forcing him to climb out of the room and sacrificing herself (maybe to 'mother?'), to go back to the room with 'american girl,' forcing him to pass through the outlet marked '3' and to switch with dougie rather than the badcoop? it's obvious that lodge spirits are not clearly aligned with good or evil, they are rather transient and work to their own ends but -- in my interpretation, were it not for dougie and badcoop's plan, the good dale would have gone thru the outlet marked 15 and never met the arm's doppelgänger marking him "non-exist-ent." the woman with no eyes (naido) must be aligned with BOB.

Maybe she knew this and felt Dougie had to be destroyed.
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by JohnGSmoke »

Taperecorder wrote:
And Chrysta Bell? What a horrible trainwreck. I was so looking forward to the Tamara Preston character after reading the TSHOTP. But Bell is not only ruining that character but her acting is so fucking bad that she is taking me (us) out of the show. It's like watching two of my favourite characters acting alongside a blow up doll. Couldn't they have cast Naomi Watts in this role?
Lol, my same thoughts as well. It's like reliving the Evelyn and James scenes.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk