Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (Spoilers)

Post by The Marquis »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
The Marquis wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Does anyone have a gif of Cooper pulling the slot and going

"Helooooo" ? I'd really like to download it for my phone
I want this so bad I can taste it. I don't know how to do that, but I would if I knew how.

/old
https://startwreck.tumblr.com/post/1609 ... ellloooooo
:!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thank you!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

One thing I didnt like was the bad screen replacement when Cooper is using the Laptop.I can do better screen replacements in After Effects.
akmonday

Post by akmonday »

TheGum wrote:What do you think the significance of the shading of the last scene in ep 4 is? It's completely digitally graded blue. Not only is it very clearly intentional but it is completely outside the color palate of TP thus far...
the Reflections book makes a point of stating that Lynch actually forbade the use of blue for most things in the original run; someone had gotten a blue briefcase or something and he got pissed and they said he had very very strict rules about the use of blue. So you're not wrong in thinking it has to be intentional.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

akmonday wrote:
TheGum wrote:What do you think the significance of the shading of the last scene in ep 4 is? It's completely digitally graded blue. Not only is it very clearly intentional but it is completely outside the color palate of TP thus far...
the Reflections book makes a point of stating that Lynch actually forbade the use of blue for most things in the original run; someone had gotten a blue briefcase or something and he got pissed and they said he had very very strict rules about the use of blue. So you're not wrong in thinking it has to be intentional.
It doesnt get any Bluer
silvo
Roadhouse Member

Post by silvo »

Naido should be Jossie without face!

I have read this elsewhere
"Josie Packard’s death in “Episode 23” (“The Condemned Woman”) is never elaborated upon throughout the serie’s final episodes. After her death, Cooper sees a vision of BOB and Josie’s face becomes morphed into a bedside dresser knob in The Great Northern.

BOB’s appearance seems unrelated to her death, however, Frank Silva revealed at the 1993 Twin Peaks Festival that BOB had taken Josie to The Black Lodge. A scene, featuring Josie sticking her head through The Red Room’s curtains, was filmed but not included in “Episode 29” (“Beyond Life and Death”). In “Episode 27” (“The Path to the Black Lodge”), Pete Martell murmurs “Josie, I can see your face” near the fireplace in The Great Northern’s lobby, suggesting Josie’s soul might be trapped in the wood of the hotel.

One theory suggests half of Josie’s soul (her body) is in The Black Lodge and the other (her face) is trapped in The Great Northern. As her body is only seen in The Black Lodge and her face in the hotel, it is implied she is caught “between two worlds”–sound familiar?"

If this is true then in episode 3 we have only the body of Jossie, which is the spirit Naido.

Lynch have used blue and red together many times in the previous season. But here the scene was all blue! Without any red
Last edited by silvo on Wed May 24, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Did anyone get dejavu during Sarah's brief scene? It was like Harry Dean Stanton's hotel room scene from Wild at Heart with less haha.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by mtwentz »

Who among the name actors who were not killed off already do we think bit parts and are not coming back? Here are my guesses:
Leaning Towards No More Appearances:
Duchovny
Chamberlain
Cera
Foster
Paxton

On The Fence
Judd

Leaning Towards, 'They'll be Back'
Lilliard
Briscoe
Adams
Getty
Szohr
Last edited by mtwentz on Wed May 24, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

chromereflectsimage wrote:
The Marquis wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Does anyone have a gif of Cooper pulling the slot and going

"Helooooo" ? I'd really like to download it for my phone
I want this so bad I can taste it. I don't know how to do that, but I would if I knew how.

/old
https://startwreck.tumblr.com/post/1609 ... ellloooooo

Thanks! Any idea how to download this to your phone?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

mtwentz wrote:Who among the name actors who were not killed off already do we think bit parts and are not coming back? Here are my guesses:
Leaning Towards No More Appearances:
Duchovny
Chamberlain
Cera
Foster
Paxton

On The Fence
Judd

Leaning Towards, 'They'll be Back'
Lilliard
Briscoe
Adams
Getty
Szohr
Will Be back

- Lillard
- Briscoe
- Adams
- Getty
- Schor

I'd call those 99.9%

Could go either way

- Judd
- Chamberlin
- Duchovny

Doubtful

-Paxton
- Foster
- Supply
- Dude from walking dead
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
RoddimusPrime

Post by RoddimusPrime »

akmonday wrote:
I had just heard this recently on a podcast, and when I rewatched several episodes this past weekend in anticipation of The Return, I made a point to note anything blue. There are several instances, but based on that anecdote about the suitcase, I have to believe every use is completely deliberate.

The few that I recall were: Major Briggs' uniform, the doorframe around Mrs. Tremond's house, the window frames of the Log Lady's cabin, the wall in Jacoby's office (specifically where patients are seated) and also the curtain leading into the office, the curtains in Invitation to Love, Pete Martell's truck (significant perhaps because it is the vehicle which leads us to Glastonbury Grove), and Cooper's pajamas (at least in the following instances: when he dreams of the Red Room, is visited by the Giant the 2nd time and when he wakes up at the end of the series' finale, Dougie/Coop's pajamas are also blue in Part 4 of The Return).

I think we can derive some significance from each of these instances of blue.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

I just wanted to chime in on Tammy Preston. The jury is still out, but I find the performance interesting so far. It doesn't look or feel like many other performances.

I mainly wanted to comment on the reaction to the perceived sexist treatment regarding her, in scenes with Denise and in the scene with Albert and Gordon watching her walk away. I think, if anything, these scenes aren't sexist (or whatever) themselves, but rather calling attention to the fact that they are such, and also calling attention to the idea of beautiful women in cinema, especially in Lynch's own filmography. I think it's impossible to simply say these scenes are problematic because I think they are obviously calling attention to themselves.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Ok, it just hit me... but I think that we know now the reason behind the behavior of this guy.
It also explains his "I'm so sorry" line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by yaxomoxay on Wed May 24, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

krishnanspace wrote:One thing I didnt like was the bad screen replacement when Cooper is using the Laptop.I can do better screen replacements in After Effects.
I did not notice that but someone mentioned it on Facebook as well. Oh well, they can't all be gems :-).
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
AnotherBlueRoseCase
RR Diner Member

Post by AnotherBlueRoseCase »

Last edited by AnotherBlueRoseCase on Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynch on Trump, mid-2018: "He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history."
AnotherBlueRoseCase
RR Diner Member

Post by AnotherBlueRoseCase »

Leebob wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:No E.T. Associations on here?

Or did I miss them?

“HOME”
I think the repeated references to "Home" are likely a reference to the Wizard of Oz ("There's no place like home"). This is in line with a theory posted by others earlier in this forum (I cannot take credit for the theory, but think it may very well be on the nose) that Coopers journey back from the Lodge is a retelling of Dorothy's journey. The Wiz of Oz is supposedly a favorite of Lynch's and has influenced some of his other works ("Wild at Heart"). Everytime DougieCooper said the word "home" I was half expecting him to follow up with "...there's no place like home", but this would have been a bit too obvious.
Sheryl Lee plays the Wizard of Oz's Good Fairy in Wild at Heart. I suspect that will be her role in S03 as well, as Laura guiding Good Coop on his way home.

Who's the Wizard, though? Gordon Cole?
Lynch on Trump, mid-2018: "He could go down as one of the greatest presidents in history."