Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

speedbeatz
Roadhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by speedbeatz »

Adam_Ziggy wrote:
OneEyedJack wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
I noticed that none of them has a registration/inspection speaker.
I also noticed that no one seems to be using smartphones in Dougie timeline. The killers use walkie talkies
TSHOTP book/dossier is presented to Agent TP after a crime scene in July of 2016. This makes me wonder about wondering about this theory.
Date on a wrist watch , but no year
Can't quite check right now - what was the date?

Edit: Also, yes - someone on Reddit I believe pointed out the very strange and suspect date and place of birth on the arrest record for Evil Coop.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Adam_Ziggy wrote:
OneEyedJack wrote:
TSHOTP book/dossier is presented to Agent TP after a crime scene in July of 2016. This makes me wonder about wondering about this theory.
Only dates I could find...

BadCoop's arrest form. Date is 9/22 but no year.
If form follows the typical dash type it's 2010, which would explain why TP has a laptop and not a tablet.

Didn't Bad Coop use a tablet-laptop combo though when hacking into the FBI (i.e., like a Windows Surface)?

(In all honesty though, all the date tracking does nothing for me, continuity in that sense has never really added up in Twin Peaks or FWWM)
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Rudagger wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
Adam_Ziggy wrote:
Only dates I could find...

BadCoop's arrest form. Date is 9/22 but no year.
If form follows the typical dash type it's 2010, which would explain why TP has a laptop and not a tablet.

Didn't Bad Coop use a tablet-laptop combo though when hacking into the FBI (i.e., like a Windows Surface)?

(In all honesty though, all the date tracking does nothing for me, continuity in that sense has never really added up in Twin Peaks or FWWM)
true, good point! it was a surface.

agreed that it doesn't add much, but we have a long wait before the next episode. Meanwhile...
GoodMorningAmerica
Roadhouse Member

Post by GoodMorningAmerica »

yaxomoxay wrote: Only dates I could find...
Strange that Coopleganger and Hastings have the same birthday: 8/15/73. Which should be way too young for Coop. That would make him 16 in 1989.
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

yaxomoxay wrote:

agreed that it doesn't add much, but we have a long wait before the next episode. Meanwhile...
Haha, completely fair! I've actually been anticipating re-watching them, but, I'm trying to hold off until this weekend so that it'll only be another week's wait until a new episode (I'm not going to lie though, getting spoiled with 4 at once is going to make 1 a week feel mighty small from now on until the final 2 drop at once ..)
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

GoodMorningAmerica wrote:
Strange that Coopleganger and Hastings have the same birthday: 8/15/73. Which should be way too young for Coop. That would make him 16 in 1989.
True! Good find. I would think that the producer had decided a credible date for Coop's birthday.
Little Pine Cone
Roadhouse Member

Post by Little Pine Cone »

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but:

"It was the man in the green coat. It had something to do with the telling of time." - INLAND EMPIRE

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Rudagger wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:

Haha, completely fair! I've actually been anticipating re-watching them, but, I'm trying to hold off until this weekend so that it'll only be another week's wait until a new episode (I'm not going to lie though, getting spoiled with 4 at once is going to make 1 a week feel mighty small from now on until the final 2 drop at once ..)
I am just glad they didn't release all at once. That would've been a Lovecraftian loss of sanity for me.
DJ Beater

Post by DJ Beater »

Yeah the birthday is way off. Just broke out my copy of "My Life, My Tapes" and it starts at December 25, 1967:

"Testing, testing. This is me, Dale Cooper, age thirteen, currently residing at 1127 Hillcrest Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

So 1954-ish would be more accurate. Did anyone else notice the Bonsai tree on the table next to the couch in the New York City Glass Box viewing room? I know it's probably not related to Earle, but I couldn't help noticing it!

And why is Dr. Jacoby spray-painting those shovels gold? Is he going to dig up Glastonbury Grove? Why does he need five? Who’s going to help him dig? Is he digging up Laura Palmer?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

DJ Beater wrote:Yeah the birthday is way off. Just broke out my copy of "My Life, My Tapes" and it starts at December 25, 1967:

"Testing, testing. This is me, Dale Cooper, age thirteen, currently residing at 1127 Hillcrest Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania."

So 1954-ish would be more accurate. Did anyone else notice the Bonsai tree on the table next to the couch in the New York City Glass Box viewing room? I know it's probably not related to Earle, but I couldn't help noticing it!

And why is Dr. Jacoby spray-painting those shovels gold? Is he going to dig up Glastonbury Grove? Why does he need five? Who’s going to help him dig? Is he digging up Laura Palmer?
Interesting... are we in an alternate timeline or simply they messed up the form?
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

I noticed that as well. Also looked up the date to see if it's significant in any way, and the only thing that seems to have SLIGHT (and I mean slight) connection to the TP universe is the death of Clay Shaw/Clay Bertrand, "He was the only person prosecuted in connection with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and was acquitted."

spoiler tag just to avoid filling the post with info that is probably pointless:
Spoiler:
Garrison believed that Clay Shaw was the man named as "Clay Bertrand" in the Warren Commission Report. Garrison said that Shaw used the alias "Clay Bertrand" among New Orleans' gay society.[7][8]

During the trial, which took place in January–February 1969, Garrison called insurance salesman Perry Russo[citation needed] as his main witness. Russo testified that he had attended a party at the apartment of anti-Castro activist David Ferrie. At the party, Russo said that Lee Harvey Oswald (who Russo said was introduced to him as "Leon Oswald"), David Ferrie, and "Clem Bertrand" (who Russo identified in the courtroom as Clay Shaw) had discussed killing Kennedy.[9] The conversation included plans for the "triangulation of crossfire" and alibis for the participants.
So you have to really reach to find a connection here.

Edit: scratch that. I was looking at 1974 for some reason.
The only significant event that happened in 98/15/73 is "The United States bombing of Cambodia ends."
Last edited by Normonaut on Wed May 24, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Normonaut wrote:
I noticed that as well. Also looked up the date to see if it's significant in any way, and the only thing that seems to have SLIGHT (and I mean slight) connection to the TP universe is the death of Clay Shaw/Clay Bertrand, "He was the only person prosecuted in connection with the assassination of President John F. Kennedy and was acquitted."

spoiler tag just to avoid filling the post with info that is probably pointless:
Spoiler:
Garrison believed that Clay Shaw was the man named as "Clay Bertrand" in the Warren Commission Report. Garrison said that Shaw used the alias "Clay Bertrand" among New Orleans' gay society.[7][8]

During the trial, which took place in January–February 1969, Garrison called insurance salesman Perry Russo[citation needed] as his main witness. Russo testified that he had attended a party at the apartment of anti-Castro activist David Ferrie. At the party, Russo said that Lee Harvey Oswald (who Russo said was introduced to him as "Leon Oswald"), David Ferrie, and "Clem Bertrand" (who Russo identified in the courtroom as Clay Shaw) had discussed killing Kennedy.[9] The conversation included plans for the "triangulation of crossfire" and alibis for the participants.
So you have to really reach to find a connection here.
Ah cool, it could be just a sort of twisted inside joke then that would imply that somehow there's a connection between who shot JFK and Cooper. That would be funny.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

The series needs to be free to set a tone that's different than the original series and FWWM. Just as FWWM had to be free to set a tone different from the original series and season 2 had to be free to set a tone that was different than season 1. Every step of the way a segment of fans wasn't happy with the tone shifts. Granted it hasn't always been good, but in many cases the dissent has quieted over the years.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

Rudagger wrote:
Another owl wrote:
dud wrote:Yup!
I still think it will be very disappointing if they just not mention her at all. And Caroline too, for all that matters.
I think if there is an Annie revelation, it won't happen until Coop gets to Twin Peaks (where, even if he's been back to his full self for a while, it'll probably be where he really finally gets that final flood of memories that really makes him wonder what happened to Annie after all these years).

I do think she's dead as a doornail though regardless. I think Bad Coop probably saw to it pretty quickly.
It would be pretty amusing if the episode where everything hits Cooper again ended with him saying "How's Annie?" (obviously not going to happen tho)
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

Jerry Horne wrote:Damn there are some great characters who haven't appeared yet. Gimme some Carl Rodd. It's like they are giving us just enough scenes in Twin Peaks so people don't get pissed. So I'm thinking a lot of roads lead to Twin Peaks and perhaps that is when the Badalamenti music returns in full force.

I think this whole thing will unfold in 3 acts. And one of these acts will be focused on the town of Twin Peaks . We will get lots of Peaks, it's people, and the music.