Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by thedarktrees »

I don't think I've seen this mentioned too much yet -- but "Jackpots" Cooper isn't just missing his shoes. He's also missing his FBI pin, which he's clearly wearing in the Lodge and even in the purple room before transporting through the socket....
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

thedarktrees wrote:I don't think I've seen this mentioned too much yet -- but "Jackpots" Cooper isn't just missing his shoes. He's also missing his FBI pin, which he's clearly wearing in the Lodge and even in the purple room before transporting through the socket....
Yet the room key had no problem going through. Interesting.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

thedarktrees wrote:I don't think I've seen this mentioned too much yet -- but "Jackpots" Cooper isn't just missing his shoes. He's also missing his FBI pin, which he's clearly wearing in the Lodge and even in the purple room before transporting through the socket....
The missing FBI pin seems just a weak attempt to prevent someone to call the FBI about this strange, wandering agent.
Of course it might help in the plot somehow later on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RoddimusPrime

Post by RoddimusPrime »

Cooper's FBI pin is uniquely tied to his identity. Because his identity is in flux, the Lodge may have withheld it or possibly it's merely visually symbolic of his lost soul.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

People have compared zombie-Coop to Leostein, but I haven't seen anyone note that DougieCoop does in fact get "new shoes." :lol:

I can't believe that anyone could dislike the "mother's hat" line. This is something DKL has been doing forever: cutting a scene on a non sequitir line (see chocolate bunnies in Pilot). I find it hilarious; it's one of my favorite shticks of his.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Am rewatching part 1 now after watching 3 and 4. Is the woman's head missing an eye in the bed the same as the woman in the black lodge sequence with the sewn up eye? Has this come up (sorry- am struggling to keep up with all the posts!).
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Marquis »

baxter wrote:Am rewatching part 1 now after watching 3 and 4. Is the woman's head missing an eye in the bed the same as the woman in the black lodge sequence with the sewn up eye? Has this come up (sorry- am struggling to keep up with all the posts!).
The woman with the sewn up eyes (note the plural form) has both of them sewn up and is not credited as the same woman on the show.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Cool- thanks. Will stop scanning so hard for clues :-D
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:People have compared zombie-Coop to Leostein, but I haven't seen anyone note that DougieCoop does in fact get "new shoes." :lol:
Why is the real Coop bring referred to as DougieCoop? I keep seeing this. Surely Dougie was sucked into the Lodge and the real Coop replaced him?
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Gabriel wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:People have compared zombie-Coop to Leostein, but I haven't seen anyone note that DougieCoop does in fact get "new shoes." :lol:
Why is the real Coop bring referred to as DougieCoop? I keep seeing this. Surely Dougie was sucked into the Lodge and the real Coop replaced him?
I agree that it's "our" Coop, but he's not acting like him. "DougieCoop" seems like a decent shorthand for this version/stage of the character since he's slotted into Dougie's life and being called "Dougie" by other characters (heck, he calls himself "Dougie"!). Others have settled on "DroolCoop,"'which is amusing.
teddyleevin
Roadhouse Member

Post by teddyleevin »

Based on the cast list, the woman in the room with no eyes who is replaced by Phoebe Augustine as "American Girl" is probably this actress: Nae Yuuki. The character's name is Naido which, in Japanese, means "a ruler's private property."
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

teddyleevin wrote:Based on the cast list, the woman in the room with no eyes who is replaced by Phoebe Augustine as "American Girl" is probably this actress: Nae Yuuki. The character's name is Naido which, in Japanese, means "a ruler's private property."
The ruler being the Dweller on the Threshold perhaps...
teddyleevin
Roadhouse Member

Post by teddyleevin »

And Phoebe Augustine is her doppelganger who talks of her mother. Mom. Gerard's tattoo. Mom. Palindrome. Bob. Something is afoot.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

teddyleevin wrote:Based on the cast list, the woman in the room with no eyes who is replaced by Phoebe Augustine as "American Girl" is probably this actress: Nae Yuuki. The character's name is Naido which, in Japanese, means "a ruler's private property."
:D

teddyleevin
Roadhouse Member

Post by teddyleevin »

:) Keepin' it In(land) the family.

Also, pretty sure, as Coop approaches the 15 speaker, she gestures decapitation (with matching sound effect) as a warning (not a threat). Lots of floating heads around. She seems to be warning Cooper and makes sure he takes the path of 3 vs the path of 15.