Parts 3 & 4 - Call for help & ...brings back some memories (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

teddyleevin wrote::) Keepin' it In(land) the family.

Also, pretty sure, as Coop approaches the 15 speaker, she gestures decapitation (with matching sound effect) as a warning (not a threat). Lots of floating heads around. She seems to be warning Cooper and makes sure he takes the path of 3 vs the path of 15.
Yesterday I re-watched the scene without audio. I was wondering if the strange split-frame sequence - often repeating itself - signifies that Coop lived that event over and over, until the woman was successful in sending him to 3. #crazytheoriesabound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Marquis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Parts 3 + 4 (SPOILERS)

Post by The Marquis »

Also, pretty sure, as Coop approaches the 15 speaker, she gestures decapitation (with matching sound effect) as a warning (not a threat). Lots of floating heads around. She seems to be warning Cooper and makes sure he takes the path of 3 vs the path of 15.
Great observation. It sort of helps explain her frantic hand gestures toward her neck.
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

i only watched it once and that gesture was definately decapitation
teddyleevin
Roadhouse Member

Post by teddyleevin »

So what fate would have met Cooper had he ignored her warnings and gone through the 15? Apparently, his current fate as DroolCoop is the one she thinks is safer.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Notes on S3 in Cole's Philadelphia HQ office:
Whose portrait (b&w) hangs on the wall? It looks like a young Harry Dean Stanton.

Also since I had begun re-watching FWWM, I'd noticed the giant mural of a peaceful landscape adorning Cole's wall behind his desk in FWWM, now in TPTR he's got a photo of a mushroom cloud/ nuclear-type explosion in b&w hanging over his desk in Philly. I just thought it was an interesting contrast.

Has anyone got ideas about the connection between the manufactured Doppelcoop "Dougie" and the earlier Twin Peaks resident character 'Dougie' Milford whose back story is featured in TSHOTP? Re-using the name "Dougie" can't be an accident.
Also: if the "person" who Cole wants to inquire about Coop isn't Diane - - I hope it's Judy. I'm dying to get to the story behind "Judy"! In 25 years who's to say whether she didn't emerge on the scene after Cooper's dodge to the Lodge?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

The guy on the portrait in Gordon's office is Franz Kafka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

So if Dougie weren't there to leave instead of Doppelcoop, would GoodCoop have come out of DoppelCoop's cigarette lighter socket?
Last edited by Soolsma on Fri May 26, 2017 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Soolsma wrote:So if Dougie weren't there, Doppelcoop would have gotten sucked in to the cigarette lighting socket?
    Yes and Bob Cooper would have gone back
    krishnanspace
    Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Framed_Angel wrote:Notes on S3 in Cole's Philadelphia HQ office:
    Whose portrait (b&w) hangs on the wall? It looks like a young Harry Dean Stanton.

Also since I had begun re-watching FWWM, I'd noticed the giant mural of a peaceful landscape adorning Cole's wall behind his desk in FWWM, now in TPTR he's got a photo of a mushroom cloud/ nuclear-type explosion in b&w hanging over his desk in Philly. I just thought it was an interesting contrast.

Has anyone got ideas about the connection between the manufactured Doppelcoop "Dougie" and the earlier Twin Peaks resident character 'Dougie' Milford whose back story is featured in TSHOTP? Re-using the name "Dougie" can't be an accident.
    Also: if the "person" who Cole wants to inquire about Coop isn't Diane - - I hope it's Judy. I'm dying to get to the story behind "Judy"! In 25 years who's to say whether she didn't emerge on the scene after Cooper's dodge to the Lodge?
    Douglas Milford was there in season 1 and 2
    Ubermensch33
    Roadhouse Member

Post by Ubermensch33 »

What's up with 3 and 15? Obviously Coop's room at the GN was also room 315...
    krishnanspace
    Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Actually Cooper tries to enter 15 but he is unable to do so
    Soolsma
    Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

My first thought was 3 pm vs 15:00. Note that it is also almost 3 on DoppelCoop's car clock.
    Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
    Wonderful & Strange
    Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Lynch's recent comment that Cooper's experience is more like being born anew into the world makes me wonder if his memory is currently blank, or functionally so.

If so he's not really "DroolCoop" but BabeCoop.

Which raises the question of how will he revive his memory? Or will he?
    Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
    Soolsma
    Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

One little bit at a time. He recognized the coffee, didn't he?
    Wonderful & Strange
    Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Soolsma wrote:One little bit at a time. He recognized the coffee, didn't he?
    Maybe.

Probably.

Although I wonder how long Lynch will pursue this theme of discovery and childhood for Coop?
    Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge