Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

Oh yeah...

Please can people hide future episode taglines under a spoiler tag?
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by Panapaok »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:While I much prefer TMFAP as a character in Twin Peaks I'm happy for Al Strobel who hadn't acted in 16 years and only once in 25 years so kudos to him for getting the spotlight and delivering an awesome performance again.
Yeah, it's kinda amazing when you think about it. This is the biggest role of Strobel's career and he has certainly lived up to it. He deserves it much more than MJA for sure.
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

kafa81 wrote:Is that why DougieCoop was crying in part5 when looking at little SonnyJim? Is that somehow connected to this poor lil fella and the hit&run?
After thinking about it some, I figured that it was merely his reaction to seeing his son for the very first time. There's plenty he doesn't understand but he was able to make that connection on some level even if it was a subconscious one.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Ross wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I suspect most of Gerard's current scenes were intended for MJA.
I believe this to be the case. And that's based on more than a guess.
I too thought that was the intention and born out of necessity to have that type of character in the Room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
oxyboldine
Roadhouse Member

Post by oxyboldine »

vicksvapor77 wrote:I did want to post, I tried to do a rough count of how many minutes were spent in the town of Twin Peaks in each part. I think I counted the bands up until the end credits started rolling but I'd have to double-check:

Part 1: 9 mins
Part 2: 8 mins
Part 3: 7 mins
Part 4: 24 mins
Part 5: 20+ mins
Part 6: 22+ mins

So yes, we are definitely spending more town in the town lately. I hope the trend continues!

Hi Vicksvapor77, I did it too! Here is my count. It's different only for Part 4, I have only 15 min.
I also count the Bang Bang Bar scenes before we see "Starring Kyle MacLachlan". I don't count the Black Lodge scenes.

Part 1 : 9 min. 30 (Jacoby / Ben & Jerry + Lucy / Hawk & Margaret / Hawk, Lucy & Andy)

Part 2 : 7 min. (Hawk & Margaret / Sarah + Bang Bang Bar James & Shelly)

Part 3 : 7 min. (Hawk, Lucy & Andy "the bunnies" + Jacoby)

Part 4 : 15 min. (Sheriff's department Frank Truman, Lucy, Andy, Hawk, Bobby / Bang Bang Bar)

Part 5 : 20 min. (Mike & Steven + Frank & Doris / Double R Norma & Shelly, Becky & Steven / Hawk & Andy + Jacoby, Nadine & Jerry / Bang Bang Bar)

Part 6 : 22 min. (The Mill Richard & Red + Fat Trout Park Carl + Double R Shelly Heidi & Miriam, Accident / Richard + Sheriff's Department Hawk & Chad, Frank & Doris + BB Bar)
oxyboldine
Roadhouse Member

Post by oxyboldine »

Hello everyone, French poster here, so I hope my English is correct. I love reading all the reactions and theories on the forum.

Here's three ideas seing part 6, I think it was not on this thread before (I hope so) :

- What if Mr Todd IS Phillip Jeffries? Meaning that he would be kind of possessed, or linked to him in an evil and invisible way? When he says to his assistant "I hope you'll never meet someone like him" in Part 2, the assistant leaves the room without a word, terrified - maybe he thought "God, but He is Him"?
It is just a thought I had seeing Patrick Fischler weird face and reactions...

- An observation : we see an electric pylon again, in Richard's windscreen, when he stops near the forest at the end of part 6 to wash the blood. And we ear the same sound too. That sound we eared when we saw the "6" pylon out of nowhere after the accident... And we hear that electric sound when we see the traffic lights too, before the One Armed Man at the beginning of the episode.
Note that we don't ear the Man From Another Place sound, not as in Fire walk with me.

- Of course the accident scene made me (and everyone) think of the scene with the One Armed Man in FWWM because of the intersection and the truck. But also it made me think of Al Strobel own near-death experience when he lose his arm for real, in a car accident. I think he tells that story in a bonus in the Blu-Ray. The "light"/fire floating beyond the kid, hesitating, before disapearing in the sky, made me thought of the way he described it.
But that scene makes think about a lot of sad sad things, and I must tell I cried my heart out the two times I saw it. Great great cinema. Thank you David and Mark for that beautiful work.
Last edited by oxyboldine on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Hmm I wonder if the amount of DroolCoop we get is dependent on the other moving pieces. That is to say the time it's taking to introduce, set and move other vital characters into place decided the length of the Vegas section.
HagbardCeline
RR Diner Member

Post by HagbardCeline »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:While I much prefer TMFAP as a character in Twin Peaks I'm happy for Al Strobel who hadn't acted in 16 years and only once in 25 years so kudos to him for getting the spotlight and delivering an awesome performance again.
I believe he does a *lot* of theater. One of my professors was classmates with him in college. Said that Strobel starred in some amazing Shakespeare productions.
motorcycleaupairboy

Post by motorcycleaupairboy »

Not sure if I'm reaching here, but I was immediately struck by the layout of the yellow flags during the crime scene/Dougie's car reconstruction scene.
They seem to form a circle around a blob of what would appear to be ''scorched motor oil'' , in a very ''sycamores''/''Glastonbury Grove'' way
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

baxter wrote:I also had the thought that next episode, Dougie gets attacked by the hit man and suddenly wakes up, but it's just as likely that he gets attacked, somehow recalls his boxing move and stumbles comedically through the encounter. Or maybe it just goes back to Buckhorn for 45 minutes, then they release Bad Cooper at the end.

Having one episode a week is really frustrating, but in a way I'm glad it wasn't dumped all in one go since I would be forced to watch the whole thing endlessly on repeat in a stupor.
There's no good way to watch it, given that Lynch did actually make it as one long film. Piecemeal, it can be frustrating and worrying, but if it had been released all at once, it would have killed most of us nerds and overwhelmed those that survived, and the media would race to give the hottest take on how it was crap/the best thing ever and it would live or die on whatever the consensus was.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

krishnanspace wrote:
Saturn's child wrote:Also, RE: Jeffries --

* The red square
* The modulated voice ("Is this Phillip Jeffries?")
* The trasmutating beeper in Buenos Aires

Is he now a kind of A.I.?
Mark Frost is a huge fan of westworld
His own show is so much better :)
It's like Rolling Stones being a fan of Britney.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Yeah for sure- it would be a disaster to dump the whole lot.

I do basically count the days to the next episode though, so something is working :-)
chromereflectsimage
RR Diner Member

Post by chromereflectsimage »

Has it been speculated as to why the argent 2 lady was targeted and murdered?
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

my interpretation was for failing to take out dougie/dougiecoop. that's what the 2 represented i think, 1=yes, 2=no, no being 'failed to carry out the hit on dougie). job was then delegated to ike the spike.
liquidspace

Post by liquidspace »

chromereflectsimage wrote:Has it been speculated as to why the argent 2 lady was targeted and murdered?
the hitmans in red car she hired failed to eliminate Dougie/Coop.

PS: first post, hello to all from Lithuania ;)