Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pinky
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by Pinky »

Endangered_Wulf wrote:Yeah. I keep wondering if the Twin Peaks audience is being set up for a very SAD scene where Dougie gets killed. (similar to Laura Palmer being found dead-very shocking and somber). Was the innocent little boy getting run over some kind of a foreshadow ?
I have my doubts that Coop will survive the season. Given how secretive they were over every aspect of the show, people in the know seemed disarmingly willing to let little soundbites out about the possibility of the show continuing. That'd be exactly what I'd do if I wanted to really blow people's minds at the finale.

Coop will bring Laura back alive, long enough at least for Sarah and Laura to meet, but I think this is the end for him. Never say never, but what place would he have in a potential fourth season? He's spent 25 years in another dimension and has travelled more or less into hell. We need to see him triumph and then he'll go.

I'm sure I'll be proven wrong, but I just can't see a S4 reset with him involved, back in Twin Peaks. Unless a possible continuation was written into S3, which would be cause for concern in itself seeing as it doesn't seem to have been the original intention, and we're a third of the way through already and we are still in setup mode.

Actually, if I knew there was going to be a fourth (I'd prefer 3 to be the end, really), it would calm some of the fears I started to have after ep6. The idea that this is meant to be wrapping up in 12 hours is a bit worrying. It's amazing work, but there's either got to be a jarring change of pace or most of the story is already laid out for us. But it's silly to second guess with Lynch:)

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by Hockey Mask »

Endangered_Wulf wrote:
MoondogJR wrote: I'm really falling in love with this season 3, but I can understand that some have a difficult time with it.
So what. Maybe some folks really really really really enjoyed the original formula better.
Is this really where we are right now?
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Hockey Mask wrote:
Endangered_Wulf wrote:
MoondogJR wrote: I'm really falling in love with this season 3, but I can understand that some have a difficult time with it.
So what. Maybe some folks really really really really enjoyed the original formula better.
Is this really where we are right now?
Not until Wulf got in here yelling about how it's NOT BREAKING BAD!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So looking forward to Part 7 'there's a body', do we collectively believe Becky is toast in the next episode? A lot of people have been speculating she'll end up dead because of her parallels to Laura.

Plus, we now have a short list of potential suspects:
Steven
Richard
Red
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

i think it could be becky, i think it could be cops discovering the people ike the spike killed, and i also suspect it could be a specific someone else that i can't name based on old spoilers from filming witnesses
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

mtwentz wrote:So looking forward to Part 7 'there's a body', do we collectively believe Becky is toast in the next episode? A lot of people have been speculating she'll end up dead because of her parallels to Laura.

Plus, we now have a short list of potential suspects:
Steven
Richard
Red
I think someone will say it to the woman from the Pentagon when she arrives in Buckhorn, referring to Maj. Briggs.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

I would like to get to know Becky more before she gets offed.
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

^same
indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Did a search and it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned this - I read an interesting theory on Reddit today about the pylon/electric pole and the Arm. What it suggests is that the pylon we keep seeing (in Fat Trout in FWWM, on the road in part 6 and on the windshield in the forest) is the Arm/MFAP in disguise, watching over events. That's why we've seen the same pylon with the same numbers in three different locations and it's also why he evolved into an electric tree like creature in the Black Lodge. I thought that was a pretty cool idea! There was more to it (suggesting the Arm had something to do with the Let's Rock on the car and tricking Chet into the lodge by leaving the ring as a trap, harvesting mothers/son's garmonbozia following the accident which Rodd sees), but that's the gist of it.

I also think the Wizard of Oz parallels may continue with Cooper needing to find courage (the danger many think may snap him out of it, i think will just trigger kung fu reflexes/courage) and a brain (when he's finally set) before going home to TP. I think he already has heart, that wasn't lost! I recognise it's possible we may never see the Coop of old again, but I've got to hold on to hope we will!

I don't think Becky's the body the line speaks of. I think it has to do with Ike's victims. Having said that, Becky does appear to be doomed - I just hope we get to know her more before something/someone gets her.
Redlodge
Roadhouse Member

Post by Redlodge »

I'm hoping that Hawk found the missing pages to Laura's diary. I hope Laura wrote what Annie asked her to.
"The good Dale is in the lodge and he can't leave . "
When Jupiter and Saturn meet , oh what a crop of mummy wheat.
Guitarmonbozia

Post by Guitarmonbozia »

I have this weird feeling that Dougie-Coop will see the numbers, 430, either on a sign, clock, or something. At that moment, he will be in a position to stop Richard Horne from killing Linda(of the electric wheelchair). He may bumble through that, Dougie-Coop style. Ones he has defeated Richard, he will see the Giant or Mike and the little golden ball(his missing piece?) will drop to the floor. He picks it up and everything comes flooding back to him. So 1)Richard is stopped and 2)Old Coop is back. Hence he kills "too birds with one stone."

Of course, Dougie-Coop would have to be taken to Twin Peaks for any of this to happen...
thunderclap82
Roadhouse Member

Post by thunderclap82 »

Redlodge wrote:I'm hoping that Hawk found the missing pages to Laura's diary. I hope Laura wrote what Annie asked her to.
If those are indeed the pages from Laura's diary, I would really like an explanation of how they got into the men's bathroom and how they hadn't been discovered for 25 years. I'm fine with mystery and not having all the answers, but this one would really bother me because it would feel just too convenient.
MysteryMan14
Roadhouse Member

Post by MysteryMan14 »

Carl, who's kneeling down and the look on the face of this woman remaind me about the scene from FWWM when R. Pulaski starts to pray during Laura's murder and an Angel appears.
polishq
RR Diner Member

Post by polishq »

Guitarmonbozia wrote:I have this weird feeling that Dougie-Coop will see the numbers, 430, either on a sign, clock, or something. At that moment, he will be in a position to stop Richard Horne from killing Linda(of the electric wheelchair). He may bumble through that, Dougie-Coop style. Ones he has defeated Richard, he will see the Giant or Mike and the little golden ball(his missing piece?) will drop to the floor. He picks it up and everything comes flooding back to him. So 1)Richard is stopped and 2)Old Coop is back. Hence he kills "too birds with one stone."

Of course, Dougie-Coop would have to be taken to Twin Peaks for any of this to happen...
I don't think Dougie-Coop has had the meeting with the Giant yet. I believe that was what the kids call a "flash-forward".
sackboy97
Roadhouse Member

Post by sackboy97 »

thunderclap82 wrote:
Redlodge wrote:I'm hoping that Hawk found the missing pages to Laura's diary. I hope Laura wrote what Annie asked her to.
If those are indeed the pages from Laura's diary, I would really like an explanation of how they got into the men's bathroom and how they hadn't been discovered for 25 years. I'm fine with mystery and not having all the answers, but this one would really bother me because it would feel just too convenient.
As someone already said, Mike could have hidden those pages. Also, I don't really find it hard to believe that no one thought of tearing apart the door to one particular stall.