Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

baxter
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:12 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby baxter » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:42 am

Really getting excited now, am totally loving the anticipation of each episode.

mtwentz- you are quite right about trying not to impose expectations. Easier said than done though!
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:01 am

sylvia_north wrote:
marcus_w_ wrote:I heard in a Podcast that someone had zoomed in the "Diary pages" Hawk finds in the toilet-scene. And that it said something about Annie... Anyone who have seen that zoomed picture?



The only words legible say "I keep going over in my mind… Oh Annie". According to Reddit.


Again... Wrong.
It's not capital "O" before "Annie", It's a part of letter "g" from line above.
It's not "I keep" but "(...)d keep".

Someting like that:

"(...)d keep (going/ring) miss it (was)
(...)my (?) thing to
(...) (h)and (?) Annie."
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:52 am

baxter wrote:Really getting excited now, am totally loving the anticipation of each episode.

mtwentz- you are quite right about trying not to impose expectations. Easier said than done though!


My personal belief is that since it's the Father's Day episode, we are going to spend a lot of time with Dougie learning to be a good dad to Sonny Jim.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
User avatar
Jasper
Posts: 816
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:24 am

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby Jasper » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 am

qbin2001 wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:
marcus_w_ wrote:I heard in a Podcast that someone had zoomed in the "Diary pages" Hawk finds in the toilet-scene. And that it said something about Annie... Anyone who have seen that zoomed picture?



The only words legible say "I keep going over in my mind… Oh Annie". According to Reddit.


Again... Wrong.
It's not capital "O" before "Annie", It's a part of letter "g" from line above.
It's not "I keep" but "(...)d keep".

Someting like that:

"(...)d keep (going/ring) miss it (was)
(...)my (?) thing to
(...) (h)and (?) Annie."


I'm going with this:

"I keep going over it in my mind, trying to understand, Annie,"

It could be "head" instead of "mind". That word isn't visible, but is inferred by the words that are (thought to be) around it.
User avatar
Soolsma
Posts: 1088
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby Soolsma » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:56 am

I really hope Hawk will narrate the pages today.

I feel that things are about to turn super intense.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
User avatar
sylvia_north
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby sylvia_north » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 am

Jasper wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:
The only words legible say "I keep going over in my mind… Oh Annie". According to Reddit.


Again... Wrong.
It's not capital "O" before "Annie", It's a part of letter "g" from line above.
It's not "I keep" but "(...)d keep".

Someting like that:

"(...)d keep (going/ring) miss it (was)
(...)my (?) thing to
(...) (h)and (?) Annie."


I'm going with this:

"I keep going over it in my mind, trying to understand, Annie,"

It could be "head" instead of "mind". That word isn't visible, but is inferred by the words that are (thought to be) around it.


https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... room_door/ Here's a better image.

I bet you're wrong too Jasper. I'm not even convinced it says Annie

Or that it's from the diary
Last edited by sylvia_north on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LFB > S3 < green tea latte Frank
User avatar
krishnanspace
Posts: 859
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:15 am

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby krishnanspace » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:27 am

Spoiler:
Soolsma wrote:I really hope Hawk will narrate the pages today.

I feel that things are about to turn super intense.

I also want an explanation on how it got over there
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:30 am

sylvia_north wrote:I bet you're wrong too Jasper. I'm not even convinced it says Annie


I was in the camp that thought there was a good chance Annie would only receive a passing mention if even that. But having seen the screenshot, I'm 100% sure that's her name on there.
User avatar
sylvia_north
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:41 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby sylvia_north » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:36 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:I bet you're wrong too Jasper. I'm not even convinced it says Annie


I was in the camp that thought there was a good chance Annie would only receive a passing mention if even that. But having seen the screenshot, I'm 100% sure that's her name on there.


Based on what? Annie was such a significant part of how the last season unfolded. Frost made such a big deal about her not appearing in the (first) dossier but hinted to wait for the final dossier to find out. If some version of Cooper does not bring her up I'd be shocked as hell. She was the last person with the ring before Dougie
LFB > S3 < green tea latte Frank
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:45 am

Jasper wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
sylvia_north wrote:
The only words legible say "I keep going over in my mind… Oh Annie". According to Reddit.


Again... Wrong.
It's not capital "O" before "Annie", It's a part of letter "g" from line above.
It's not "I keep" but "(...)d keep".

Someting like that:

"(...)d keep (going/ring) miss it (was)
(...)my (?) thing to
(...) (h)and (?) Annie."


I'm going with this:

"I keep going over it in my mind, trying to understand, Annie,"

It could be "head" instead of "mind". That word isn't visible, but is inferred by the words that are (thought to be) around it.


Hawk's hand covers part of this page.

keep.png
keep.png (494.75 KiB) Viewed 3310 times
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:49 am

sylvia_north wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Iwas in the camp that thought there was a good chance Annie would only receive a passing mention if even that. But having seen the screenshot, I'm 100% sure that's her name on there.


Based on what? Annie was such a significant part of how the last season unfolded. Frost made such a big deal about her not appearing in the (first) dossier but hinted to wait for the final dossier to find out. If some version Cooper does not bring her up I'd be shocked as hell. She was the last person with the ring before Dougie


I just think, 25 years down the line, a lot of characters/events that seemed super important in 1991 aren't going to be so anymore. These characters have lived whole lives since then. And Annie was obviously conceived as a "damsel in distress" narrative device for season 2 to reveal layers of Coop's character, a function she fulfilled. As much as I love Graham and want to see her work with DKL again as a more mature performer, I don't feel any particular need to see Annie the character. A line of dialogue that she was killed by DoppelCoop (a la Briggs), and our Coop coming to terms with that, would be fine. (No mention whatsoever would admittedly be a bit odd...but again, 25 years have passed and both versions of Coop have a whole lot more on their minds than a fling that lasted for a few days a quarter-century ago. Annie could have moved to Canada, gone back to the convent, or stayed in TP and we simply don't see/hear about her.)

I'm still highly suspicious that many of Mark's errors/retcons in the book were anything other than faulty memory/failure to fact-check his own show. Time will tell, obviously, but I'm not putting too much weight into his cryptic comments.

And the nurse was the last person with the ring, not Annie. (Honestly, I'd much rather see that character again than Annie. Who the hell was she?!?!)

The counterargument to all this is that DKL deliberately wove Annie into FWWM, has expressed interest in revisiting the "write it in your diary" moment....and we now have a piece of paper that pretty clearly seems to have Annie's name on it. In spite of my prior indifference to seeing her again, I'm very excited to see how this plays out! (And as I said, I love Heather Graham!)
User avatar
MoondogJR
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:13 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby MoondogJR » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:24 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:And the nurse was the last person with the ring, not Annie. (Honestly, I'd much rather see that character again than Annie. Who the hell was she?!?!)


I'm calling Linda!
"Your log and I are on the same page."
User avatar
boske
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:15 am

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby boske » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:44 am

If there is any logic to all of this material that we are getting, then Annie must play a role. I mean, Annie was in the lodge with Cooper and Earle! That is why we still see Leland and Laura, isn't it? The argument that we cannot see her because she is dead does not really hold up. She could too say "I am dead and yet I live", why not? The only way we do not see her if she is missing and nobody knows where she is.

If she is never mentioned or merely brushed aside, then it would be really lame. We had been stuck with that Coop mirror image for 25 years, and all we get is a "Who's Annie?" Could they really do that?
User avatar
Mr. Reindeer
Posts: 2286
Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:09 pm

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:53 am

boske wrote:If there is any logic to all of this material that we are getting, then Annie must play a role. I mean, Annie was in the lodge with Cooper and Earle! That is why we still see Leland and Laura, isn't it? The argument that we cannot see her because she is dead does not really hold up. She could too say "I am dead and yet I live", why not? The only way we do not see her if she is missing and nobody knows where she is.

If she is never mentioned or merely brushed aside, then it would be really lame. We had been stuck with that Coop mirror image for 25 years, and all we get is a "Who's Annie?" Could they really do that?


She left the lodge. Her body is outside with DoppelCoop's in Episode 29 in the woods, and TMP shows her in the hospital. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that she recovered and moved on with her life after Coop disappeared. DKL could certainly do all sorts of interesting things with the character, but it doesn't feel like there's unifinished business that makes it NECESSARY to see the character.
Last edited by Mr. Reindeer on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
mtwentz
Posts: 1718
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:02 am

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Postby mtwentz » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:57 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
boske wrote:If there is any logic to all of this material that we are getting, then Annie must play a role. I mean, Annie was in the lodge with Cooper and Earle! That is why we still see Leland and Laura, isn't it? The argument that we cannot see her because she is dead does not really hold up. She could too say "I am dead and yet I live", why not? The only way we do not see her if she is missing and nobody knows where she is.

If she is never mentioned or merely brushed aside, then it would be really lame. We had been stuck with that Coop mirror image for 25 years, and all we get is a "Who's Annie?" Could they really do that?


She left the lodge. Her body is outside with DoppelCoop's in Episode 29 in the woods, and TMP shows her in his hospital. I wouldn't find it hard to believe that she recovered and moved on with her life.


I also wouldn't find it hard to believe that either:

1) DoppelCoop killed her to keep her silent.

or

2) She went into hiding, perhaps protected by someone linked to Major Briggs.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests