Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

boske
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by boske »

Cooper sacrificed everything for Annie, did he not? The emotional impact of her reappearance would be stunning, Bad Coop would go ballistic. Hint: Return of the Jedi and Vader finding out there's a Leah too :-)
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

You have to wonder who Coop will even remember. It seems most of his memory is gone, and the only thing that remains are his basic personality traits.

If Dougie Coop were to see pictures of Annie and Audrey placed side by side, which one would garner the strongest reaction?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:You have to wonder who Coop will even remember. It seems most of his memory is gone, and the only thing that remains are his basic personality traits.

If Dougie Coop were to see pictures of Annie and Audrey placed side by side, which one would garner the strongest reaction?
Coop was never in love with Audrey. Audrey had a school girl crush on him. As much as some here will rebel against this statement, Annie was the one Coop was smitten with and the one for whom Coop was ready to give his soul.

That being said, I believe (at this point at least), Janey-E is being set up to be Coop's long-term love interest.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'd LOVE to see Graham playing a deranged insane version of Annie.
Part 18 cliffhanger: Cut to Annie in a mental hospital: "119! 119!"

There will be no season four.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Hopefully we'll know more about the found pages in a few hours. Although I expect that they'll go back to mob brothers first.

It is no surprise Cooper ended up in Vegas though. It is a mirage in the desert, and his current life does appear as such.
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

mtwentz wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:You have to wonder who Coop will even remember. It seems most of his memory is gone, and the only thing that remains are his basic personality traits.

Coop was never in love with Audrey. Audrey had a school girl crush on him. As much as some here will rebel against this statement, Annie was the one Coop was smitten with and the one for whom Coop was ready to give his soul.

That being said, I believe (at this point at least), Janey-E is being set up to be Coop's long-term love interest.
Yes, I agree with most of the above and I tend to thoroughly detest Annie. However, I suspect the Watts character and her son are being set up to be taken out in dramatic fashion. Hence the accumulating pathos.
NonStopKnits
Roadhouse Member

Post by NonStopKnits »

mtwentz wrote:

While I agree with this statement, I do think Cooper would have given his soul if Audrey had been taken to the Black Lodge, but only due to his noble personality, not being in love with her.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Whoever the writers chose to hook Coop up with is fine with me -- unless it's Steven or Nadine. ;)

But Coop does have a kid, apparently, maybe, with Janey-E.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:Whoever the writers chose to hook Coop up with is fine with me -- unless it's Steven or Nadine. ;)

But Coop does have a kid, apparently, maybe, with Janey-E.
But is Sonny Jim his kid really? Let us say Good Coop swapped places with Bad Coop, as originally "intended by the lodge". Would he then inherit Bad Coop's record? Yes, I do root for Janey and Sonny, and really hope they do not get set up to be taken out (as somebody predicted), but we do have a dilemma here, what is his life, what is his own, to be precise.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

The Twin Peaks instagram page made a post advertising tonight's episode that pretty much confirms that the pages Hawk found are from Laura's Secret Diary (don't think I've seen anyone here recently think they might not be Laura's, but I know there were some folks who thought they might be something Cooper wrote):

"A message from the Log Lady about #AgentCooper has led us back to #LauraPalmer."

Hoping this marketing means that we definitely will see what the pages say this week.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

My guess is: we won't.

But I sure hope I'm wrong!

However, if we don't see Diane, I will be Profoundly Pissed Off!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I'd LOVE to see Graham playing a deranged insane version of Annie.
Part 18 cliffhanger: Cut to Annie in a mental hospital: "119! 119!"

There will be no season four.
I laughed out loud!

I would like to see some Amy Shiels, Grace Zabriskie and Laura Dern tonight.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

dronerstone wrote:nice... only 9 more hrs. :)

I'm also convinced it might intensify tonight. can't wait.
I am hoping that since "7" is such an important number that episode 7 will have the same importance. Not sure what to expect!
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

Hester Prynne wrote:
dronerstone wrote:nice... only 9 more hrs. :)

I'm also convinced it might intensify tonight. can't wait.
I am hoping that since "7" is such an important number that episode 7 will have the same importance. Not sure what to expect!
We have the June 18th date on Bushnell's battle poster inside the 7 insurance office. Mr. Spike knows where he works. I can see Dougie's world hotting up a touch in this episode (fingers crossed).
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Possibly related to Red and his liver problems: "Prometheus, in eternal punishment, is chained to a rock in the Caucasus, where his liver is eaten daily by an eagle,[7] only to be regenerated by night, due to his immortality. The eagle is a symbol of Zeus himself. Years later, the Greek hero Heracles (Hercules) slays the eagle and frees Prometheus from the eagle's torment."