Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ashok
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by Ashok »

Diane, missing pages, that hitman scene, Richard and Linda, I love how all these pieces are slowly being shuffled into position. Some people may dislike the pacing but I love it.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

mtwentz wrote:
madeleineferguson wrote:Did anyone catch the character names for Balthazar Getty and Lisa Coronado? I missed them somehow.
Lisa Coronado was the "Hit Kid Mom' or something like that.

Getty is 'Red'
Thank you! (Well, that settles the identity of Red)
asmahan
RR Diner Member

Post by asmahan »

Ok... where was that intersection? We see Miriam who had just left the Double R, presuming we're in Twin Peaks and the new Fat Trout trailer park is now just outside the town. BUT we also see the #6 pole from Deer Meadow?? Also did that whole scene not visually recall the scene with Mike's traffic rant in FWWM??
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

madeleineferguson wrote:Did anyone catch the character names for Balthazar Getty and Lisa Coronado? I missed them somehow.
"Red" and "Hit and Run Mom". He was credited as "Red" in the first episode he appeared anyway.

I'm pretty sure that Laura had already given her diary to Harold Smith when Annie appeared to her. Did she write it in her regular diary?

Was that supposed to be Heidi's daughter? Maybe working in a diner for the past 25 years wasn't such a great idea for Heidi.

I feel there's going to be a lot less to discuss for this episode than for last weeks.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

Ashok wrote:Diane, missing pages, that hitman scene, Richard and Linda, I love how all these pieces are slowly being shuffled into position. Some people may dislike the pacing but I love it.
I totally agree. This is shaping up to be Lynch and Frost's Magnum Opus.

I feel so grateful to be able to witness this all unfold.

:)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:Initial gut reactions from the episode...

Better than last week but still not where the first four were.

- DougieCoop is drawing thin on me. I enjoyed his scenes today but I was really hoping that the One armed man revelation would be more prominent than it was.

- Who else caught the guy in the trailer park mention the name Linda? I sure did.

- So Richard Horne is a patsy who drives a shitty car. Kind of head scratching. I really have no idea who he his parents are unless my initial theory that he's Ben or Jerry's son from Canada and is given nothing by his parents.

- Does the Red character have supernatural powers? Or is he just very good with his hands and a coin.

- The little person hit man scene was pretty ridiculous but funny.

- Still no Audrey or Big Ed

- Still no Bobby and Shelly interactions or a speaking scene with Nadine.
My initial gut reactions

1. Hawk found something. The diary pages? They threw us for a loop on the 'Indian hertiage issue'

2. Dougie's supervisor finding a pattern in Dougie's scribbling's- completely unexpected!

3. Naomi Watts knocked it out of the f#@@ park on that performance!!!

4. Really loved the band at the end.

5. We knew Laura Dern would play Diane, didn't we?

6. The stoplight is back. Woo hooooo!
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

DAMN!
My favourite episode yet. At one point I was feeling so happy like everything was coming together and that old Twin Peaks we know and love was in the air and then the scene with Carl and the mother playing with her kid in the park happened. At some point about half way thru it I started to feel this dread and then what do you know, truck driving Richard Horne appeared....

Wow. This is really something. This feels perfect so far...
-
As above, so below.
-
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

I've loved the majority of the show so far. Tonight is the first time I'm feeling restless and impatient. I'm craving more scenes with our original characters in the Twin Peaks setting. And where IS Audrey? :cry:
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Jesus, this show is unbelievable.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

DOUGIE RESOLUTION

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

I really hope this whole "DOUGIE" thing resolves itself into something sooner than later. Dale Cooper is a beloved character and to see him turned into a vegetable is almost unbearable to watch.
Last edited by Endangered_Wulf on Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Thoughts on Red having supernatural powers? Or is he just good with his hands and or a coin?
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

At least one major mystery was solved. We know that Sonny Jim can talk.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Question about the Drugged-Out Mom:

Is her "1-1-9" footage from tonight the same footage as we've seen before, or was it different? Looked really similar to me, but haven't compared.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Re: DOUGIE RESOLUTION

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Endangered_Wulf wrote:I really hope this whole "DOUGIE" thing resolves itself into something sooner than later. Dale Cooper is a beloved character and to him turned into a vegetable is almost unbearable to watch.

I agree it really is a true injustice to the show. I get what they are doing and the scenes have been about as good as they can be given the circumstances but enough is enough. I've said it once I'll say it again I'd much rather have Cooper stuck in the lodge still then spend the first 15-20 mins of each episode with drawn out Dougie drool cup scenes.

Not complaining about the overall show just want this gag to play itself out finally. Maybe if the hitman comes to take out "Dougie" That will spark his story in one way or the other but I also wouldn't be surprised if he just unknowingly moves out of the way while the guy lunges at him and ends up knocking himself out.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Audrey Horne wrote:Niomi Watts scene with the debt collectors was pretty good.
I thought she finally found her voice in that scene.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly