Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Part 6 - Don't die (SPOILERS)

Post by mtwentz »

baxter wrote:hahaha- I was thinking the same thing!

I have really high hopes for this weeks episode, but I'm sure I'll be frustrated as a result. Rather than build on the Diane and "found pages" revelations, for example, I can honestly see this week going back to Buckhorn and ignoring those developments til next week.
I have learned to go into these new episodes with as few expectations as possible, especially in terms of plot development. Just enjoy the art: The revelations will come in due time.

"Don't search for all the answers at once. A path is formed by laying one stone at a time"

And it bears repeating, though I doubt the Debbie Downers :-) will listen- it's better not to judge an hour as 'good' or 'bad' after only one viewing. I made that mistake myself with Part 5. Let it simmer, percolate, then watch again, and again, and again....
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

baxter wrote:Plus Dougie will spend the first 30 minutes having a shit.
Plus the words, "Starring Kyle Maclaclan" and some band playing at the Roadhouse
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Plus the words, "Starring Kyle Maclaclan" and some band playing at the Roadhouse
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

krishnanspace wrote:
Don't encourage him/her.
ToriFreak2016

Post by ToriFreak2016 »

Can't remember if it was this episode or the last one with the 119 lady, and don't know of this has been mentioned but 119 is also the pill imprint number for hydrocodone/acetaminophen (vicodin)

And she is certainly a pill popper.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

ToriFreak2016 wrote:Can't remember if it was this episode or the last one with the 119 lady, and don't know of this has been mentioned but 119 is also the pill imprint number for hydrocodone/acetaminophen (vicodin)

Uhhh and you would know this, how?

Just kidding :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
ozziejohn
Roadhouse Member

Post by ozziejohn »

hahaha
ToriFreak2016

Post by ToriFreak2016 »

mtwentz wrote:
ToriFreak2016 wrote:Can't remember if it was this episode or the last one with the 119 lady, and don't know of this has been mentioned but 119 is also the pill imprint number for hydrocodone/acetaminophen (vicodin)

Uhhh and you would know this, how?

Just kidding :-)
Lol I looked up pills with 119 code and that was the pill lol. She was crushing up something so I had a feeling it might be an opiate. LOL
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

krishnanspace wrote:
it's one of my favourite things of the new series, getting a weekly dose of Kyle Maclachlan's name in that amazing FWWM font as a great song plays. Even its appearance feels perfectly timed within whatever song happens to be playing. There's a kind of epic sheen to it and it feels great to see his name as a sole headline. We're getting about 16 movies worth of great Lynch ending credits!
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Kind of a trivial question, but who owns the Packard Saw Mill now? There seemed to be some logging activity just before the Red & Richard interaction. I remember something in Secret History about Catherine signing Ghostwood back to Ben... Did she give him the mill as well?

It just seems like if Ben owned the mill, it would've been alluded to in his scene with Jerry. Or at the very least, if Ben owned the mill, he wouldn't be so consumed with a skunk in his motel.

I kind of hope Ben doesn't own the mill, and instead it's been inherited by some quirky Martell nephew of Pete and Catherine.
Trudy Chelgren
RR Diner Member

Post by Trudy Chelgren »

Pinky wrote:

it's one of my favourite things of the new series, getting a weekly dose of Kyle Maclachlan's name in that amazing FWWM font as a great song plays. Even its appearance feels perfectly timed within whatever song happens to be playing. There's a kind of epic sheen to it and it feels great to see his name as a sole headline. We're getting about 16 movies worth of great Lynch ending credits!
I feel the same, I've loved the closing credits. I think the song can often define how I feel coming away from a Part, and color it somehow. The Chromatic's 'Shadow' was, for me, so perfect at the end of Parts 1 & 2, so moving and uplifting and melancholy. But the act onstage in Part 4, Au Revoir Simone, were totally uninteresting to me. Sharon Van Etten was okay, but I've always felt her music to be a little like indie wallpaper. The end of Part 5, Cooper standing alone by the statue with Windswept playing was so beautiful. I'm eager to see how Nine Inch Nails fits into this. Their music's pretty aggressive for Roadhouse standards.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Cappy wrote:Kind of a trivial question, but who owns the Packard Saw Mill now? There seemed to be some logging activity just before the Red & Richard interaction. I remember something in Secret History about Catherine signing Ghostwood back to Ben... Did she give him the mill as well?

It just seems like if Ben owned the mill, it would've been alluded to in his scene with Jerry. Or at the very least, if Ben owned the mill, he wouldn't be so consumed with a skunk in his motel.

I kind of hope Ben doesn't own the mill, and instead it's been inherited by some quirky Martell nephew of Pete and Catherine.
I had started a thread about the ambiguous fate of the mill in season 2 here: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 847#p75847

I'm beginning to increasingly doubt that its fate will ever be directly addressed (the show had clearly lost interest in the mill even in season 2, despite how heavily its operation or shutdown would bear on the town's economy). However, the Easter egg of the Secret of the Old Mill Hardy Boys book, as well as the show's seeming interest in touching on economic issues like the housing collapse (bank signs outside empty homes at Rancho Rosa) and Janey-E referencing the 99% makes me think perhaps the repercussions of the mill shutdown will be mentioned at some point.

As soon as I saw that (stunning) shot of the logs, I wondered if it was the Packard Mill, but I don't believe so.
kafa81
RR Diner Member

Post by kafa81 »

Just re-watched parts of part 6 again...yet another ... Bill? The nice fella driving Carl to town... Is this just Lynch and Frost messing with us? Because I think this is the 4th or 5th Bill character so far :?:
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

kafa81 wrote:Just re-watched parts of part 6 again...yet another ... Bill? The nice fella driving Carl to town... Is this just Lynch and Frost messing with us? Because I think this is the 4th or 5th Bill character so far :?:
I wasn't aware that we had a single Bill in the show....
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Rhodes wrote:
kafa81 wrote:Just re-watched parts of part 6 again...yet another ... Bill? The nice fella driving Carl to town... Is this just Lynch and Frost messing with us? Because I think this is the 4th or 5th Bill character so far :?:
I wasn't aware that we had a single Bill in the show....
Bill Hastings is recently single.