Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mallard
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Mallard »

Did anyone else think that the piece of flesh left on Ike's gun looks a lot like the mystery flesh found in Hastings' trunk?
Welcome...to the third...place.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

WOW! It wasn't perfect but that was bar none the best episode yet. So good and I really felt some twin peaks vibes in this one! I'll post more in a bit!
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

Mallard wrote:Did anyone else think that the piece of flesh left on Ike's gun looks a lot like the mystery flesh found in Hastings' trunk?
i have a feeling a lot of this is being told out of order
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:WOW! It wasn't perfect but that was bar none the best episode yet. So good and I really felt some twin peaks vibes in this one! I'll post more in a bit!
Not a patch on episode 3.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

I'm going to post some things I noted in no particular order

1. The episode opens with Jerry unable to find his car in the same episode where Dougie and Janey-E find out what happens to their car.

2. The piece of flesh from Ike's hand that was stuck to the gun looks very familiar to the piece of flesh in Bill Hastings trunk in episode 1.

3. Several characters in this show appear to have cancer: The Log Lady, Harry, Tom from the end of this episode...

4. The little girl interviewed on TV said that Ike or Cooper (She just says "he") "smells funny" Scorched engine oil perhaps?

5. Dougie Coop is drawing a zigzag pattern on his desk much like the chevron floor of the red room.

6. Riley Lynch runs in and asks if anyone has seen Bing....but his name is Bing in the credits....?

7. Technically Laura gave her secret diary to Harold before Annie visited her. My only explanation is that she wrote it in the other diary and Leland tore them out in the morning before she died, or she just wrote it on loose paper. I REALLY don't want to blame continuity goofs on Frost/Lynch.

8. The appearance of the key at the Great Northern disproves that Coop is still in the lodge...unless the entire show itself is a lodge construct.

9. We don't know exactly what kept the guy (I didn't bother to check the credits for the actor) who was to meet Andy at 4:30. Could Cooper be involved in some time travel later that saves Andy from foul play?

10. Diane's dialogue with Bad Coop is lifted word-for-word, inflection-for-inflection of Laura talking to her ceiling as light flashes on her face. "Who are you? Who are you really?"

11. I find a weird duality with Dougie Coop exposing Tony as a liar and now we have Bad Coop threatening to expose Warden Murphy.

12. Lastly, Lynch said in an interview that the man covered in ash in the cell next to Bill Hastings would have later importance and we see him (or at least someone similar) walking in the background of two different scenes. Could it connect to the fire Major Briggs died in?
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

the gordon tammy finger scene omg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

psyifinotic wrote:the gordon tammy finger scene omg

Totally not digging her at all. She looks like a stripper dressed up as a teacher.
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

trismegistus wrote: 9. We don't know exactly what kept the guy (I didn't bother to check the credits for the actor) who was to meet Andy at 4:30. Could Cooper be involved in some time travel later that saves Andy from foul play?
... really? come on.
Last edited by BEARisonFord on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
psyifinotic wrote:the gordon tammy finger scene omg

Totally not digging her at all. She looks like a stripper dressed up as a teacher.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

BEARisonFord wrote:
trismegistus wrote: 9. We don't know exactly what kept the guy (I didn't bother to check the credits for the actor) who was to meet Andy at 4:30. Could Cooper be involved in some time travel later that saves Andy from foul play?
... really? come on.
lol. i know.
okjose

Post by okjose »

guildnavigator wrote:
okjose wrote:Was curious about the middle page from the missing pages of Laura's secret diary that Hawk and Truman didn't read aloud. Here's a screenshot.

My best interpretation:

There I was with a plastic
pumpkin full of money
and the clothes that Nancy(?)
brought. She's (unclear verb)
my ear (car?) with all sorts of
non-sense. I can't make
out what she's trying
to say but I take it all
in as best I can.

I sure didn't need a
mask today. Some
Halloween!

She's bending my ear with all sorts of nonsense
That has to be it, edited the original, thanks!
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

People still b bein hard on Tammy for the silliest reasons but whatev you can't please everyboady
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

Smells funny = scorched engine oil.... yes! I didn't think of that. But any time a smell is mentioned in S1&2 it seems to always be scorched engine oil.
I love the direction this is moving!

John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

trismegistus wrote:
12. Lastly, Lynch said in an interview that the man covered in ash in the cell next to Bill Hastings would have later importance and we see him (or at least someone similar) walking in the background of two different scenes. Could it connect to the fire Major Briggs died in?
Maybe the Woodsman is the Log Lady's husband? He died in a fire and he was a lumberjack.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

the smell was probably from the fact that part of the guys hand had been compressed to much it had nearly bonded with the metal of the gun.