Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by N. Needleman »

Panapaok wrote:There are many things to appreciate from the new series but something I always wanted and I really love is that it's instantly quotable. There at least 2,3 quotes in each part that are striking and memorable.
He moved like a cobra. All I saw was a blur!
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Audrey Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
Audrey- if the implications of this episode turn out to be true, how will you feel about it? EvilCoop raping an injured comatose Audrey is pretty worse case scenario.
I think that is what we're getting - I don't think by this point Richard is Ben or Jerry's. And I guess if handled right it brings back the themes, exploration and ramifications of abuse - also reinforced with Diane. It is pretty dark and twisted though -and a complete spin on the fairy tale like nature of their relationship, but that could be a good thing. Story wise, and I'm sure Lynch and Frost had no way of knowing this, it might be a little too on the nose of Han Solo/Princess Leia spawned an evil brat.
If this is the case I really hope Sherilyn at least gets scenes with Eamon Farren, who is really something. But who knows with this show.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

In Fire Walk with Me, when we see BoB behind Laura's dresser, "he's under the fan now". Isnt that when BoB/Leland takes the pages from the diary that Hawk finds? Or does that diary have zero pages missing? I might be wrong.

Also, it seems almost everyone thinks DougieCoop will be returning to normal at some point. Isn't there a chance Cooper remains damaged after spending so much time in the lodge. He might not be returning to his old self at all.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Audrey Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
Audrey- if the implications of this episode turn out to be true, how will you feel about it? EvilCoop raping an injured comatose Audrey is pretty worse case scenario.
I think that is what we're getting - I don't think by this point Richard is Ben or Jerry's. And I guess if handled right it brings back the themes, exploration and ramifications of abuse - also reinforced with Diane. It is pretty dark and twisted though -and a complete spin on the fairy tale like nature of their relationship, but that could be a good thing. Story wise, and I'm sure Lynch and Frost had no way of knowing this, it might be a little too on the nose of Han Solo/Princess Leia spawned an evil brat.
Oh damn, you just spoiled Force Awakens for me :-)
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Gabriel
Great Northern Member

Post by Gabriel »

mtwentz wrote:
Oh damn, you just spoiled Force Awakens for me :-)
Cue 'true fans' screaming 'JJ already did that!!' :lol:
Jude
Roadhouse Member

Post by Jude »

I didn't like episode 6 so much, but I was relieved after seeing part 7. I think this might be the best episode so far, it was great to see more scenes with Diane, she's a tough little cookie as Cole said! :D

Lovely to hear more music from Angelo too (even though it was mainly old music but still, shivers went down my back during the scene where Andy's waiting at the side of the road).

I'm so glad that there are still over 10 episodes left, it still feels like we are only getting started because new characters are still being introduced. It was fascinating to see that scene in The Great Northern... I wish Ben would do something with that key..

All in all I thought myself "I wish this episode would go on longer!" many times during watching Part 7, and that's definitely a good sign.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I wish they showed us a "next time" tease. Something brief, like the recaps they release on Youtube. Though some will say that would run the revelations in the next episode. And yes, I know, this is not standard narrative TV, but a movie in parts. I still think a tease would be nice.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Jonah wrote:I wish they showed us a "next time" tease. Something brief, like the recaps they release on Youtube. Though some will say that would run the revelations in the next episode. And yes, I know, this is not standard narrative TV, but a movie in parts. I still think a tease would be nice.
By God no! That would cause over analysis, massive speculations, panic, armageddon stuff... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mario Stein

Post by Mario Stein »

Somehow this symbol in Bushnell building reminds me an upside down owl cave symbol
owl cave symbol.png
owl cave symbol.png (902.77 KiB) Viewed 9300 times
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Naomi is so attractive.
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

djsunyc wrote:but lynch has given us 55+ mins each episode. i mean a regular network tv show is around 42 mins w/o the commercials. an extra 15 mins a show comes out to 270 extra minutes...or 6.5 network tv episodes. he's giving us the equivalent of a 24 episode network season if this continues.
Still, it is substantially less than the 18 hours that were promised. :(
Major Briggs
RR Diner Member

Post by Major Briggs »

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I recall someone posting at the good old spoiler thread that one scene at Dougie's workplace originally involved the LMFAP. One can only wonder how that Ike the Spike scene would have turned out with MJA, assuming that was the one :)
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Pretty sure that was the one, yeah.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

Major Briggs wrote:Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but I recall someone posting at the good old spoiler thread that one scene at Dougie's workplace originally involved the LMFAP. One can only wonder how that Ike the Spike scene would have turned out with MJA, assuming that was the one :)
Yeah, I was thinking about that. This guy Arbogast (I bet most of us remember him, right?) had said that MJA was supposed to appear on location in that scene and I couldn't wrap my head around the idea of the LMFAP appearing anywhere else other than the Red Room. Well, I guess that was easier than I thought. :lol:
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Did the actor pull out last minute during production then? Or did the person reporting these spoilers somehow read the script?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.