Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jerry Horne wrote:Convenience store.

Bowie.
And Colonel Davis is going to make "that other call" . . .
Dolmo81

Post by Dolmo81 »

The Brown Lodge wrote:monitor rising up out of the desk was ridiculous

Do they keep Lucy out of the office during times when the monitor appears ??!! I think Lucy would have a stroke!
This is the water, this is the well, drink full and descend; the horse is the white of the eyes and dark within
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

Dolmo81 wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:monitor rising up out of the desk was ridiculous

Do they keep Lucy out of the office during times when the monitor appears ??!! I think Lucy would have a stroke!
lucy has her own monitor.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

Just like to add that I think perhaps the triggers that will spring Dale back to life pertain to hearing the words the giant spoke to him in episode 1. Once he hears these words subliminal super Agent of the white lodge appears. :mrgreen:

My best guesses:
Richard=Richard Horn
Linda=lady in the Fat Trout trailerpark (someone seemed think on other messageboard this lady Richard Horn grabbed at the bar but guess not) whose living with Mickey
4:30=time Andy supposed to meet with the guy he met in episode 7 (pickup in background supposedly Richard used to hit that kid)
one stone=perhaps Linda son of Dale Cooper and Annie before Dale disappeared? hence Richard and Linda one stone as Richard born from Mr. C (DoppleCoop) and Audrey

My guess: Dale will be picked up by FBI after appears on news sometime in next 2 episodes after FBI hears Mr. C escaped. Whether it will be trigger words giant spoke to him or something else that will wake him up one can only guess.
kuprin82

Post by kuprin82 »

My assumptions are:
The phrase "I wanted to say goodbye, tomorrow you'll be back and I'll be with Bob again"
-it means that the one who called Doppelgänger Cooper's (Jeffries?) Wants Bob's early return - To the Black Lodge.
But for 25 years the Evil Doppelgänger keeps him captive in himself and "does not let go" (they showed us the result of such captivity-Bob in reflection barely shows up,
the evil spirit is exhausted ..)
"You are still with me, it's good!"-Says the Evil Doppelgänger. ...
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

I took that as Mr. C being relieved Bob didn't leave him after the car crash going to Dale Cooper who replaced Dougie Jones being that DoppelDale supposed to be gone by now according to the storyline presented so far in season 3.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

DoppelBocker wrote:
My best guesses:
Richard=Richard Horn
Linda=lady in the Fat Trout trailerpark (someone seemed think on other messageboard this lady Richard Horn grabbed at the bar but guess not) whose living with Mickey
I'm not so sure Richard and Linda will be the first Richard and Linda we hear about. They aren't afraid to reuse names in this series. There's Mike and Bob, and Mike and Bobby. Frank Truman and Green Tea Latte Frank. Chet Desmond and Invitation to Love Chet. Dougie Jones and Dougie Milford. And there's some variations like Andrew/Andy Harold/Harry John/Johnny Thomas/Tom/Tommy, if you want to stretch it. Richard and Linda being the first Richard and Linda we hear about seems a little on point for being the first major clue/mystery dropped in the new series.
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

That's true. There certainly could be something new introduced in the next episode. Narrative exposition seems to be leading this way to a point I think though with giant specifically mentioning this saying to remember it.

I'd like to also add that I think Bing could be the bandmember (lynch's son) trolling the RR about there cherry pie perhaps? Bing Cherries a prominent kind in NW it seems. Know captions said to be incorrect and that it Billy but going by Bing I think this makes sense. :P
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think Richard will be Richard Horne, and Linda mentioned from the trailer park is inconsequential and not The Linda.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
tamygdala
Roadhouse Member

Post by tamygdala »

Spoiler:
I don't think the Richard the Giant (aka ??????) spoke of to Cooper will be Richard Horne. But I'm thinking Linda will be who Sheryl Lee is playing. Also, I think when Laura was sucked out of the Black Lodge, she had a journey similar to Cooper as Dougie, maybe married to someone named Richard, and not knowing or remembering who she is, thus Linda. We could be looking at both Cooper and Laura's odyssey back to Twin Peaks, and to their identities. Yes, Laura is dead, yet SHE LIVES.
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

I like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

Normonaut wrote:I wasn't on board for the airplane blinking windows having any significance until I found out that the footage is taken from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4k-2-AgEVI
from 0:30, no blinking. so it's added later.
Maybe the original footage had blinking windows and it was removed for the video you linked to. DL just happened to use the original footage.

Edit: after looking at the other link it was def. altered afterwards to add thenblinks. Never mind.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

I just wanted to say I love this forum and reading all the comments here! Can't wait for part 8!
counterpaul
RR Diner Member

Post by counterpaul »

Rudagger wrote:I haven't been watching this thread too closely. Did anyone end up timing the Twin Peaks segments? I get irrationally satisfied by statistics, so, I'd love to see that full list (if once again there was more Peaks).
There's someone on the TP Reddit timing all the locations:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... cation_so/
Shloogorgh
RR Diner Member

Post by Shloogorgh »

sycamore wrote: here it is:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... dGsCR8woaA

i'll update it within a day of each new episode.

Great work! One minor fix- Stewart Strauss said he played the jail cell black figure, not the one wandering the halls. The hall-wanderer's actor is unknown as of yet