Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Ragnell »

Mayday wrote:I'm guessing the Double RR "Billy" scene has been discussed and everyone can see how the position of the customers changes from one shot to another, but has anyone noticed how Heidi also 'jumps' from shot to shot - left hand side, to behind the counter, to the top right - finally looking bemused as she goes to pour coffee for her vanishing customers.

The collection of coats hanging by the door also changes.

Weird.... :?
Some people noticed Shelly getting confused too. I think earlier in the thread we all came down on editing, but thinking on the waitress reactions it has to be something. And that is something weirder than ever happened in the first two seasons. A sign that with two coopers out of the lodge the conjunction is causing even bigger issues?

Either way, from the pacing, and that, and the fact that everything in Vegas is circling Dougie the wildness might not be a single dramatic moment like Coop's awakening or Audrey appearing but the steadily increasing pace and weirdness. Pretty sure all hell is set to break loose in Vegas, maybe all hell breaks loose in South Dakota and Twin Peaks too.
docLEXfisti
Roadhouse Member

Post by docLEXfisti »

KyleRickards wrote:
Ross wrote:Why are people expecting a big cliffhanger tomorrow tied into the 2 week break? The break is just for the July 4th weekend.
I am a bit confused, surely it's a one week gap, not two?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Due to the holiday on July 4th, they'll skip the week. Next EP on July 9th.
MysteryMan14
Roadhouse Member

Post by MysteryMan14 »

The title of a next episode Gotta light makes me wonder if It has something to do with Sarah Palmer who smokes a lot. It'll be nice to see some scenes with Sarah, Laura and Leland tonight.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

It's fun to debate Cooper's return and a lot of you have great points. I juat want to clarify again that the return of the "real" Dale or the "good ole" Dale that I expect doesn't mean the Dale from s1 and s2. It just means not someone who is trapped in infancy within Dougie's body, so to speak. I expect him to emerge wiser and more somber and certainly dazed and confused as he navigates the trail of carnage left by his doppelganger. So I don't think it's a stretch that he will return sooner rather than later as I never expect his return to also bring his charming personality. I think an immediate shift at this point, especially if aided by some red room shenanigans, would work perfectly because I think it would just be a slight change at this point for him to gain awareness. Then we will have a solemn Dale, but Dale nonetheless, rather than who we are commonly referring to as Dougie-Coop or whatever other nickname.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

LateReg wrote:It's fun to debate Cooper's return and a lot of you have great points. I juat want to clarify again that the return of the "real" Dale or the "good ole" Dale that I expect doesn't mean the Dale from s1 and s2. It just means not someone who is trapped in infancy within Dougie's body, so to speak. I expect him to emerge wiser and more somber and certainly dazed and confused as he navigates the trail of carnage left by his doppelganger. So I don't think it's a stretch that he will return sooner rather than later as I never expect his return to also bring his charming personality. I think an immediate shift at this point, especially if aided by some red room shenanigans, would work perfectly because I think it would just be a slight change at this point for him to gain awareness. Then we will have a solemn Dale, but Dale nonetheless, rather than who we are commonly referring to as Dougie-Coop or whatever other nickname.
That's what I'm looking for too. The point where we can definitely say "That's DALE making the decisions." "Dougie" definitely has Dale in there, because there's been two points where I can go "That was DALE" but he's mostly driven by external influencers (someone yelling at him or physically moving him) or pure need (need for food, coffee, his old identity back) and we can't for sure tell if the flashes of inspiration are something external to guide him or something internal. I'm not sure if we'll get his memory, his full identity, or his talkative cheerful exterior back but I am certain that we're getting more agency soon. He has very minimal agency right now, but there's going to be a threshold he crosses where we can all agree... "That is Dale making a choice."

And that's when you'll see people drop DougieCoop and call him Dale again, even if he doesn't know his own name yet. When it's clear he's back in his own driver's seat at least.

And I think when he does have his agency back, he is going to have an exponentially greater impact on everyone else's lives, and disrupt everything in Las Vegas even more than he has already been.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Ragnell wrote:
Mayday wrote:I'm guessing the Double RR "Billy" scene has been discussed and everyone can see how the position of the customers changes from one shot to another, but has anyone noticed how Heidi also 'jumps' from shot to shot - left hand side, to behind the counter, to the top right - finally looking bemused as she goes to pour coffee for her vanishing customers.

Some people noticed Shelly getting confused too. I think earlier in the thread we all came down on editing, but thinking on the waitress reactions it has to be something. And that is something weirder than ever happened in the first two seasons. A sign that with two coopers out of the lodge the conjunction is causing even bigger issues?
I desperately want to believe this because it's so intriguing, but I can't help but think it was just a case of them not having the right shot. Couldn't Shelly just be confused that this guy just opened the door to shout something and then abruptly left without waiting for a response?

Anybody else having this internal struggle, lol?
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

ringbearer wrote:
HagbardCeline wrote:
ringbearer wrote:Has anyone else thought that maybe its only us the audience that sees Dougie as being Coop?
What if the Ike the Spike crime scene interviews air, and a completely different actor is playing Dougie?
But the prints from the pistol would obviously still match, with the left ring finger the right way around...
That would mean Ike's photo of Dougie would be a major cheat, because why would a photo look different?

As unlikely as my theory may be, it was still us that watched the scene with the photo.

I don't think it's just the audience that see's Coop. Janey-E and others have made comments on him losing weight and new haircut. Plus, i think we saw what happened to the "real" Dougie...his head popped off.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

docLEXfisti wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
Ross wrote:Why are people expecting a big cliffhanger tomorrow tied into the 2 week break? The break is just for the July 4th weekend.

Thank you! (It's still a one week gap in my head!) Image

Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

KyleRickards wrote:
docLEXfisti wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:

Thank you! (It's still a one week gap in my head!) Image

Two weeks between new episodes.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Josh

Post by Josh »

Jerry Horne wrote:Freaking out right now :shock:
On a scale of 1-10 how much would this forum freak out if it were a musical episode? :lol:
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

Ragnell wrote:

Either way, from the pacing, and that, and the fact that everything in Vegas is circling Dougie the wildness might not be a single dramatic moment like Coop's awakening or Audrey appearing but the steadily increasing pace and weirdness. Pretty sure all hell is set to break loose in Vegas, maybe all hell breaks loose in South Dakota and Twin Peaks too.
I'm pretty sure she was just reacting to the guy who ran to the door, shouted and ran off again. If the entire clientele had suddenly changed, I think she would have done more than just raise her eyebrows and shrug. Even in Twin Peaks.
This is just a case of using the footage they had, possibly getting it mixed up without noticing.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Sabrina Sutherland, Peter Deming and Amy Shiels all hyping part 8.

:mrgreen:
Why would Amy Shields be hyping the next part, unless she is piggybacking off the others hype? I thought the only actor who knew the whole story was Kyle? Didn't all the other actors only get lines for their scenes and didn't know how they related to the broader story?
It's possible with Amy. Who knows. But it seems like cast/crew have been told it's special, and let's face it, any hype they put out won't hurt ratings that were climbing every week anyway.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.22.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-06-25 at 9.22.22 AM.png (338.34 KiB) Viewed 9180 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Calderon
Roadhouse Member

Post by Calderon »

Josh wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Freaking out right now :shock:
On a scale of 1-10 how much would this forum freak out if it were a musical episode? :lol:
I'm smelling a Leland comeback :D

Mayday

Post by Mayday »

Normonaut wrote:
Ragnell wrote:

I'm pretty sure she was just reacting to the guy who ran to the door, shouted and ran off again. If the entire clientele had suddenly changed, I think she would have done more than just raise her eyebrows and shrug. Even in Twin Peaks.
This is just a case of using the footage they had, possibly getting it mixed up without noticing.

Both Shelly and Heidi's reactions seem to point to them being either disorientated or not truely believing what their seeing. It's also interesting to note that the footage of Norma in the booth is strikingly similar to the scene in episode 5 where we are first re-introduced to the Double R - the arrangement of the stationary, the misplaced cup on the saucer, the paperwork...

Maybe nothing, but things seem to be looping in the diner...
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Normonaut wrote:
Ragnell wrote: I'm pretty sure she was just reacting to the guy who ran to the door, shouted and ran off again. If the entire clientele had suddenly changed, I think she would have done more than just raise her eyebrows and shrug. Even in Twin Peaks.
Agreed that they used what they had, but I think more like a case of not caring about the continuity. Heidi jumps around twice, with no issues. But then there is the music . . . And Shelly does look a little concerned, rather than surprised/bemused. I'm sure DL will clear it up. :-)
There's your roast beef and cheese.