Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Jerry Horne »

metrojoe82 wrote:Oh my god, the bad Cooper sexually assaulted and impregnated Audrey, hence the demon spawn known as Richard? That would be bonkers. :evil:
They don't call hm Bad Cooper for nothing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:I must have missed a line somewhere - where was it stated that DoppelCooper might have visited Audrey while she was in a coma?

And are we assuming that DoppelCooper also visited Diane in person after exiting the Lodge? Otherwise I'd think the last time she *saw* Cooper (as opposed to hearing from him) would have been before he even got to Twin Peaks.
Doc Hayward scene
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

Post by RainingPostToasties »

Another great night! The beginning was a touch expository, but I still enjoyed every moment. Glad to see all the threads advance a little.

- Three pages from Laura's diary, and we've only heard the passage we knew would be there. And the one about BOB. The page we got a glimpse at last week contained dialogue from Episode 29, so maybe Laura saw even more in the lodges than we knew about.
- Dougie surviving Ike the Spike was a great moment that I speculated about last week; glad to see they didn't drag it out. Why didn't they kill him off, though...?
- Can't wait to see what this Mr. Strawberry deal is - my original guess was that it was a lodge spirit who tormented the warden, but it may be something more earthly about his past. Maybe the warden had some, ah, alternative lifestyle he wanted to stay hidden.
- Josie's hum. Eerie! Maybe she's lamenting the return of the Bad Cooper.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

RainingPostToasties wrote:Another great night! The beginning was a touch expository, but I still enjoyed every moment. Glad to see all the threads advance a little.

- Three pages from Laura's diary, and we've only heard the passage we knew would be there. And the one about BOB. The page we got a glimpse at last week contained dialogue from Episode 29, so maybe Laura saw even more in the lodges than we knew about.
- Dougie surviving Ike the Spike was a great moment that I speculated about last week; glad to see they didn't drag it out. Why didn't they kill him off, though...?
- Can't wait to see what this Mr. Strawberry deal is - my original guess was that it was a lodge spirit who tormented the warden, but it may be something more earthly about his past. Maybe the warden had some, ah, alternative lifestyle he wanted to stay hidden.
The beginning was actually Jerry in the woods. That was a hoot to start that way and gave no indication of what was to come...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

RainingPostToasties wrote:Another great night! The beginning was a touch expository, but I still enjoyed every moment. Glad to see all the threads advance a little.

i think strawberry was the dog.

and wasn't the first scene of the show, josie looking in a mirror humming?
Last edited by djsunyc on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Every episode I fall further in love all over again. BTW Laura Dern is riveting, no surprise there.
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
-
As above, so below.
-
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

RainingPostToasties wrote: - Can't wait to see what this Mr. Strawberry deal is - my original guess was that it was a lodge spirit who tormented the warden, but it may be something more earthly about his past. Maybe the warden had some, ah, alternative lifestyle he wanted to stay hidden.
I don't think we'll ever hear about the Warden or Mr. Strawberry again. I think this is just a story tactic to show that Bad Coop knows what he needs to know when he needs to know it and uses that to get what he wants and needs.
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

djsunyc wrote:

i think strawberry was the dog.

and wasn't the first scene of the show, josie looking in a mirror humming?
Was it? I had company jabbering, so I might have missed that!
IAmHappeningAgain
Roadhouse Member

Post by IAmHappeningAgain »

I'd actually be fine with them not explaining the Mr. Strawberry thing at all. It doesn't seem like they're going to anyway.
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

what do you guys think happened between diane and coop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

IAmHappeningAgain wrote:I'd actually be fine with them not explaining the Mr. Strawberry thing at all. It doesn't seem like they're going to anyway.
If they don't, it's just something the fans can continue to ask about years after the show's over. No problem there!
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

psyifinotic wrote:what do you guys think happened between diane and coop?

I think DoppleCoop raped her. As well as Audrey Horne.
:(
-
As above, so below.
-
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Taperecorder wrote:Did anyone else notice the music at the end? 'Sleep Walk' was slowly being interrupted by some sort of original music. WOW!
I thought it was just a whirring sound coming from my house, but I soon realized it was pure Badalamenti from the TV! It reminded me so much of Episode 27 and the syrup-dripping scene between Coop and Annie. Something's very wrong, and we will see what it is next week.

THIS EPISODE!!! I was glued to my seat. I've loved every part thus far, but this just felt like comfort food, up to the last bite. I could gush about it for days.
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by JohnPalSki »

Oh shoot- I never thought about Strawberry being the dog. I could see that. So when Bad Coop says "I think I'll call Mr Strawberry" to the warden in that scene where the alarm goes bonkers, that was just Bad Coop screwing with the warden??

Favorite episode so far as well:
Favorite moments
-seeing that terrifying guy all in black that is in the hallway in the police station in South Dakota. Same guy as in Pt 1 who disappears in the jail cell? (I think so but my watcher friend disagrees, saying it's a black guy with long dreds)
- Miss Fierce Diane. Holy crow!

More.... but I'm rewatching!

JP

Last edited by JohnPalSki on Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."