Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by The Brown Lodge »

crash_and_burn wrote:
Maybe the Woodsman is the Log Lady's husband? He died in a fire and he was a lumberjack.

bingo!
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

RainingPostToasties wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
RainingPostToasties wrote:Another great night! The beginning was a touch expository, but I still enjoyed every moment. Glad to see all the threads advance a little.

- Three pages from Laura's diary, and we've only heard the passage we knew would be there. And the one about BOB. The page we got a glimpse at last week contained dialogue from Episode 29, so maybe Laura saw even more in the lodges than we knew about.
- Dougie surviving Ike the Spike was a great moment that I speculated about last week; glad to see they didn't drag it out. Why didn't they kill him off, though...?
- Can't wait to see what this Mr. Strawberry deal is - my original guess was that it was a lodge spirit who tormented the warden, but it may be something more earthly about his past. Maybe the warden had some, ah, alternative lifestyle he wanted to stay hidden.
- Josie's hum. Eerie! Maybe she's lamenting the return of the Bad Cooper.
i think strawberry was the dog.

and wasn't the first scene of the show, josie looking in a mirror humming?
Was it? I had company jabbering, so I might have missed that!

I think he means Josie was humming at the start of the original series as well.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
crash_and_burn wrote:
Maybe the Woodsman is the Log Lady's husband? He died in a fire and he was a lumberjack.

bingo!
or...briggs who also died in a fire.
sylviecerise
Roadhouse Member

Post by sylviecerise »

What an episode!!! The Woodsman (?) and humming at Great Northern both had me on the edge of my seat.

Wouldn't have Annie still have been in the hospital when Doc Hayward saw DoppelCoop? Interesting that he assumed that he was visiting Audrey and not Annie... really hoping that the whole "DoppelCoop raped Audrey in a coma and then she had Richard" thing isn't true, it would be way too fan-fic feeling.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

using my detective reasoning...cooper and diane did not meet once cooper got to twin peaks. and knowing cooper and how he behaved throughout the first 2 season's, it doesn't look like he and diane had sexual relations prior to his arrival in twin peaks.

therefore i'm almosto 100% positive the last time diane and cooper met, it was dopplecoop.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

after this episode, the odds of annie coming back in some capacity have gone way up.

i'd take annie over audrey any day
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:
trismegistus wrote: 9. We don't know exactly what kept the guy (I didn't bother to check the credits for the actor) who was to meet Andy at 4:30. Could Cooper be involved in some time travel later that saves Andy from foul play?
... really? come on.
lol. i know.
In the first scene the giant gives 3 clues and Coop responds "I understand" then vanishes. If that scene is actually something that comes later (like many people suspect) then it's really not that out of the question. Especially since there are shots in the trailers that include Cooper in black lodge-esque scenes that haven't been shown yet. And it's not like I firmly believe this. It's just a few questions I'm posing. Hell, for all we know it could just be that we're getting the story told out of order and "time travel" could be changed to "misdirection."
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
BEARisonFord wrote:
... really? come on.
lol. i know.
In the first scene the giant gives 3 clues and Coop responds "I understand" then vanishes. If that scene is actually something that comes later (like many people suspect) and then it's really not that out of the question. Especially since there are shots in the trailers that include Cooper in black lodge-esque scenes that haven't been shown yet. And it's not like I firmly believe this. It's just a few questions I'm posing. Hell, for all we know it could just be that we're getting the story told out of order and time travel could be changed to misdirection.
I have always thought of the lodge as being unconstrained by earthly quantities such as time.
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

Pure art beginning to end. Easily one of if not my favorite episode of the series old or new...
So many things happening. Was thinking of Docs Got Trout? Hat was that because he fished or was it a promo hat for the new Fat Trout where he lives? Also Linda in the wheelchair? Do we know her age or name? I'm really starting to think Annie may be Linda in a Fat Trout witness relocation situation. If Richard is Horne and Annie is Linda then that leaves 430 which was the time Andys meeting was. Next shot is of the cracked door which reminded me of the painting that was given to Laura...there was a hum also when Andy was waiting also I believe. And speaking of humming, who would have thought Josie would given Ben...one last hummer...>rimshot<
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
lol. i know.
In the first scene the giant gives 3 clues and Coop responds "I understand" then vanishes. If that scene is actually something that comes later (like many people suspect) and then it's really not that out of the question. Especially since there are shots in the trailers that include Cooper in black lodge-esque scenes that haven't been shown yet. And it's not like I firmly believe this. It's just a few questions I'm posing. Hell, for all we know it could just be that we're getting the story told out of order and time travel could be changed to misdirection.
I have always thought of the lodge as being unconstrained by earthly quantities such as time.
So do I. So by time travel I don't mean that Coop gets in a Delorian piloted by Doctor Who to travel back to the past and save the gang. I'm more implying that a place unconstrained by time might allow for someone to flow through a place that does run linear in any order they wish. And we have a suspicious guy asking to meet a police officer on a rural road and you wouldn't suspect SOMETHING might be up with that? I'm not saying I'm right but I'm not ludicrously wrong.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jasper wrote:This painting in Dougie's office is just like one in the conference room in the later seasons of Mad Men.
Update:
mad_men_dougie_office.jpg
mad_men_dougie_office.jpg (792.98 KiB) Viewed 8622 times
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

John Thorne mentioned something interesting. If Coop 'visited' both Audrey and Annie, could the offspring be Richard and Linda?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
So do I. So by time travel I don't mean that Coop gets in a Delorian piloted by Doctor Who to travel back to the past and save the gang. I'm more implying that a place unconstrained by time might allow for someone to flow through a place that does run linear in any order they wish. And we have a suspicious guy asking to meet a police officer on a rural road and you wouldn't suspect SOMETHING might be up with that? I'm not saying I'm right but I'm not ludicrously wrong.
Andy was in full control of the situation. He suggested the place and time.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

OH, nice call on 430... 4:30.

Any speculation on what happened or where Audrey is now?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jerry Horne wrote:John Thorne mentioned something interesting. If Coop 'visited' both Audrey and Annie, could the offspring be Richard and Linda?
He's got tremendous stamina then, huh? Maybe Annie and Audrey started a post coma support group in another state together.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?