Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

opium
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by opium »

LateReg wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:I think they could have given the Audrey in a coma in some other exposition. It was meant to be a surprise and onimous that Cooper visited her.
Maybe I'm having trouble believing that even Evil Dale would have assaulted her in a coma since once I heard she was in a coma I immediately thought that meant he wasn't actually visiting her! Dark, dark stuff.
Yeah, I feel like with Sherilyn Fenn actually being in the show that simply revealing she was in a coma off-handedly just doesn't feel right.

But you could be right and we could be wrong. I just feel the tone of The Return matches entirely with the theory that EvilCoop is capable of extreme violence. I mean, the idea that EvilCoop assaulted Diane is on par with it.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Don't forget that Bob was in BadCoop in some fashion. Bob was probably familiar with Audrey just from seeing her around the Great Northern when Leland was working there. Maybe Bob wanted her in some way also.
Last edited by Esselgee on Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I think we're saying the same thing, right?
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Amazing episode!!! This was epic!!

I wonder what Dougie said right before he's attacked. While his wife he's talking he mumbles something, then a "whale sound" is heard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
opium
Roadhouse Member

Post by opium »

sylviecerise wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:Couple things I wanted to point out

- Everyone thinks the Jerry scene was just comedic relief but could he actually now be missing in the woods? Maybe he turns up after paying a visit to the white lodge??
- The humming could be from Josie as they did pan into the wood but I took it more matter of fact that it was by two Native American artifacts and we know that the great northern is near or on an old Indian living space I believe? (From TSHOTP) Maybe it was the Indian spirits. I'd prefer it were Josie obviously just giving another outlook
- I definitely thought we'd recognize Beverly's? Husband. Didn't cross my mind that it could be Truman but I would've gone crazy with joy if it was. Something was definitely up with that...
- As much as I don't want Richard Horne to be Audrey's kid let alone Audrey and BadCoops tonight's episode really backed it up. Also an interesting theory.. BadCoop knew all of Coopers deepest desires I believe and I wouldn't be surprised if at different times he had feelings for Audrey and possibly Diane and couldn't act on them because he's an honorable man. But once BadCoop took over he let his inhibitions rise and enjoyed what he had craved.
- I really thought we were going to end with a eight minute shot of the kid sweeping the floor... :lol: Would've left a sour taste in my mouth but I'm glad we got to see a Rennut again. The actor said he did his scene in one take so I wonder if that's his only speaking scene?
- I finally had my first freaked out moment of the series with the jail cell guy coming back. That' was such an effin cool shot and what made it creepier was I had a feeling right away when we saw the blurry person in the background that it was more than just an extra and the building up of that moment was beautifully done.

Still no Audrey or Big Ed or more scenes with Bobby, James and Nadine but this was a real step forward in the Twin Peaks world. I just loved it!
Really like the theory that DoppelCoop knows all of Coop's desires/secrets/vices. That would play into the series really well. I would assume Audrey didn't know it was Coop assuming the theory is true & she did become pregnant? Would she just have assumed it was JJW?
Yeah, I'm thinking he raped her while she was unconscious. Wouldn't be surprised if she assumed Billy Zane was the father.
Aerozhul
RR Diner Member

Post by Aerozhul »

Esselgee wrote:Don't forget that Bob was in BadCoop in some fashion. Bob was probably familiar with Audrey just from seeing her around the Great Northern when Leland was working there. Maybe Bob wanted her in some way also.
I always kind of wondered why BOB wasn't interested in Audrey, Shelly or some of the other troubled young women in Twin Peaks - with Laura now gone, there was plenty of garmonbozia to be harvested from others, and they fit his M.O. I mean, I was glad that they didn't go in that direction but I figured with DoppleCoop out and about in TP, several young girls would be in jeopardy....
JohnGSmoke
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by JohnGSmoke »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
psyifinotic wrote:the gordon tammy finger scene omg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally not digging her at all. She looks like a stripper dressed up as a teacher.
You hit the nail on the head there. LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
opium
Roadhouse Member

Post by opium »

Esselgee wrote:Don't forget that Bob was in BadCoop in some fashion. Bob was probably familiar with Audrey just from seeing her around the Great Northern when Leland was working there. Maybe Bob wanted her in some way also.
Don't forget that Bob is still in BadCoop. It's a joint operation.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

I'm glad Part 7 delivered. Was it here that I read DKL finds significance in number play, and he considers number 7 "lucky" in particular?

Plenty with this installment helped move lots of things along. I really want to know the deal with Philip Jeffries! Someone on this thread pointed out a thing I've been wondering too. How do we interpret EvilCoop's altered vocal tone when addressing from the visitor room -- tonight speaking to Diane and earlier to Cole and Rosenfield -- when his voice reverts other times? I don't want to think it's a cheap writers' ploy for setting any future interactions with Jeffries such that whoever plays him has an obvs different voice than David Bowie. But it's a quirk that bugs me, maybe someone else here figured out the purpose and I missed it.

I found the "spirit finger" (heh, it was something cheerleaders called for waving their hands wiggling their fingers at the crowd back in my day) that Cole shared w/ Tammy intriguing. I'm partway through re-watching FWWM, and the photo of Teresa that Agent Desmond sees in her trailer does show her wearing the ring on that same finger.

Also it's been mentioned here about phrases being repeated (in FWWM at Hap's: "Are you talking about that little girl that got murdered?" **) and upon viewing FWWM now I'm seeing it happen in places I never noticed. Same scene in Teresa's trailer, Agent Stanley states twice "We sure do need a good wake-me-up don't we Agent Desmond?" So tonight in that same scene on the plane I'm especially noticing Cole repeats back "The man we met in prison" to Tammy right after she said it. It seemed deliberate or purposeful repeating.

** FWIW, "Are you talking about that little girl that got murdered" is ten words <> count 'em on ten fingers.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

The scene with Ben Horne and Beverly Paige listening to the wall sounds was fantastic. I loved their acknowledgement and investigation of the foreboding sound, and I loved the subtext for both characters. Ben, holding back his lust for his young assistant, and Beverly's awkwardness, which ties into her home situation, but I still feel like there is something else going on with her character. I wouldn't be surprised if her husband's illness pushed her into a situation where she is tasked with watching over the presence(s) in the Great Northern for a shadowy organization. Even when she is snapping at her sick husband, it seems like she's holding back something, or reacting to a hidden stressor.

As for the wall noise, Josie is the most obvious culprit, but the emphasis on the wall reminds me of Audrey's secret peephole....

But it was great to see the old and tired Ben show signs of his younger, more devious self as he fought the urge to make a pass at Beverly.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

We know that Coop made love with Annie when he was good. I'll guess that turned out Linda. Richard being the Bad Coop/Audrey bad seed.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Cappy wrote:The scene with Ben Horne and Beverly Paige listening to the wall sounds was fantastic. I loved their acknowledgement and investigation of the foreboding sound, and I loved the subtext for both characters. Ben, holding back his lust for his young assistant, and Beverly's awkwardness, which ties into her home situation, but I still feel like there is something else going on with her character. I wouldn't be surprised if her husband's illness pushed her into a situation where she is tasked with watching over the presence(s) in the Great Northern for a shadowy organization. Even when she is snapping at her sick husband, it seems like she's holding back something, or reacting to a hidden stressor.

As for the wall noise, Josie is the most obvious culprit, but the emphasis on the wall reminds me of Audrey's secret peephole....

But it was great to see the old and tired Ben show signs of his younger, more devious self as he fought the urge to make a pass at Beverly.

As I mentioned in my post I think it could be the ancient Native American spirits that likely are all over the Great Northern. There's a lot of symbolism with the wood of the hotel like it build on sacred ground or something. This is going back to Josie being in a wooden door knob. My best guess is it might have something to do with Native spirits but I really do hope it's Josie.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
DirkG
RR Diner Member

Post by DirkG »

Esselgee wrote:Yes, a great episode. So many wonderful name checks: Harold Smith, Annie Blackburne, Audrey Horne, the Renault family (they've owned the Roadhouse all this time?).

Loved seeing more of the Great Northern. Is that Josie in the walls?

Can I get some credit? I think I'm the only one that suggested that Leland had put the diary pages in the stall door.

So Andy's meeting was supposed to be at 430? Is that right?
...with the Roadhouse, instead of Bang Bang Bar, being the only necessary one. Overall a not terrible but slightly disappointing episode with the overt straightforwardness and lack of inspiration in how they solved some of the threatening situations. DougieCoop becoming Lodge Superman to solve the Ike situation being the worst of them all.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Jerry Horne wrote:We know that Coop made love with Annie when he was good. I'll guess that turned out Linda. Richard being the Bad Coop/Audrey bad seed.
Yeah, I was thinking of that too but wouldn't Cooper be a bit more responsible and take precautions? If that's the case, then Annie would have been pregnant when she went into the lodge. What kind of effect would that have had on the child?
TheGum
RR Diner Member

Post by TheGum »

THE NEW TWIN PEAKS IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST SHOW EVER IN THE UNIVERSE

I already loved it, but even being completely on board- this felt amazing.

I gasped more than once, secretly wished he just swept for the remainder of the episode, was completely scared of dark black guy AND a simple open door, and total best geek out moment? Wood clad monitor rising out of the desk followed by old person style picking at the keyboard...poetry.
I'm back in style!