Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by h2nho »

Normonaut wrote:Just heard on a podcast that SUPPOSEDLY someone in the higher-ups confirmed that the guy at the end called for BILLY, that guy is BING. The credits are wrong.
Supposedly.
Welcome to Twin Peaks (imo a reputable source) is reporting Sabrina Sutherland herself said the captions should say that Bing is asking where Billy is and that they're incorrect, which is not far fetched, seeing that there have been small mistakes in other places throughout the run thus far.

Honestly, having to caption something like this series must be a beast, and my sympathy lies with whomever takes it on.
Normonaut
Roadhouse Member

Post by Normonaut »

mtsi wrote:Riley Lynch plays "Bing" in that scene. He clearly calls for Billy. I'm not sure what is wrong about that?
I think a lot of the confusion comes from the subtitles, at least in here, says BING.
Agent Cooper. Listen to the sounds.
It is in our house now. It all can not be said aloud now.
Remember 4 - 3 - 0
Richard and Linda. Two birds with one stone.
You are far away.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:I can't take credit for this but this is before and after still photos of when the guy came in asking for either Bing or Billy...
Spoiler:
Done to show passing of time? or is it something else...
I think this is onto something. I never in a million years would have noticed that, but if you keep watching, at the very very end of the credits, a customer gets up from the booth on the far left with a girl. They move to the door, and he turns to face the camera...

Isn't that Bing again?

It's interesting that the tension music (forget what it's called, it's from Season 2, I think) fades in before this happens.
manalicream
Roadhouse Member

Post by manalicream »

On second viewing the mural here reminded me of the evolution of the arm which seems apt considering what follows. What do you think? Image

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Methedrome wrote:I can't recall Twin Peaks ever using any older licensed material aside from the new trendy hipster stuff this season.
In the 90s they used "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong (the less-famous, more bouncy recording), and "Pennsylvania 6-5000" by Glenn Miller.
windh
Roadhouse Member

Post by windh »

One thing I've been missing was finally brought back... LAURA'S THEME!

And that old black bum ghost is one of the scariest things I know now.
/windh
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Seems pretty clear that Coop assaulted Diane. What was the first thing that Cole said they didn't need to discuss?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

I wonder what kind of story the poor warden will come up with to explain the dissapearance of BadCoop and Ray.
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

boske wrote:I wonder what kind of story the poor warden will come up with to explain the dissapearance of BadCoop and Ray.
"I don't know, they just drove off"

"Listen Warden, this is a serious situation. He was securely locked behind bars, what happened to Cooper"

"He was just not there, the car was gone"

:lol:
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

Mr. Jackpots wrote:When Diane encountered Bad Dale she yelled at him to "look at me".
Doesn't Laura Dern also say "Look at me" in a very similar way in Inland Empire? When Nicky has sex with Devon.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Rhodes wrote:
Mr. Jackpots wrote:When Diane encountered Bad Dale she yelled at him to "look at me".
Doesn't Laura Dern also say "Look at me" in a very similar way in Inland Empire? When Nicky has sex with Devon.
A lot has been written about this line, but no one has remarked upon how, in the same scene, BadCoop says "At your house" with the same intonation as the Mystery Man in "Lost Highway".
WowLynchWow

Post by WowLynchWow »

Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

Speaking about Josie being the cause of that humming sounds in Ben Horne's office.

In the last part of the scene, the camera did a slow pan and track toward the lamp where Ben and his assistant first heard it, then it fades to black.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but on the other side of that lamp, opposite wall to the native american artwork, there is a hidden door.

Could that be the same hidden crevice between the walls where Audrey was spying on her father in the first/second seasons?

Also, flashback to some earlier episodes in seasons 3, it would appear that Laura's incarnation in the black lodge is merely superficial. This is demonstrated when she pulls he face back to reveal to cooper that she is a brilliant shining white light, a beacon perhaps, trapped but not hopeless, in the black lodge.

I wouldn't be surprised if all those jackpot wins were Laura intervening from the black lodge to try and direct Dougie/Coop on the right path.

First post, LONG time lurker. Please go easy.
"I have the fury of my own momentum." - BOB
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

:arrow:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
WhiteLodge90 wrote:I can't take credit for this but this is before and after still photos of when the guy came in asking for either Bing or Billy...
Spoiler:
Done to show passing of time? or is it something else...
Eh. As someone who's edited before, it's more than likely just that the editors scrounged to find a shot that worked, for whatever reason. You'd be surprised just how much you can get away with in post because the average viewer can only focus on so many points of interest at once. Same reason you end up with re-used Norma stuff or 1-1-9 (which, to be fair, are two examples where they didn't get away with it, because it is *super* noticeable, but, I guess they felt they they added something to the respective scenes).

So, I guess that's to say, I'd be very surprised if this means anything.

But that doesn't explain why they would have completely different actors in different spots throughout the restaurant.
I did notice too that there is a further cut, Heidi i behind the counter in the second photo, and in the footage somehow manages to be walking up the aisle towards the camera. She moves quickly, that girl.
Isis Unveiled
Roadhouse Member

Post by Isis Unveiled »

Also, what was with the black figure walking down the hallway at the morgue in South Dakota?

At first I noticed it in the shallow focus of the background shot where the female military officer was on the phone.

But my suspicions were confirmed when at the end of the shot you can see this charred, all black figure, walking past the door in the distance.
"I have the fury of my own momentum." - BOB