Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kafa81
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by kafa81 »

LateReg wrote:
djsunyc wrote:i'm excited for tonight but this can't possibly be due to the 4th of july weekend. the show is filmed with no real schedule for air dates by showtime. they may have an idea but you don't film shows based on the dates they air on tv b/c that can change. episode 8, if it's as nuts as everyone is saying, means it would be nuts whether it aired tonight or 2 weeks ago. this has nothing to do with the long weekend next week.
That's true but there is also the possibility that the rest of the somewhat unorthodox schedule was laid out so that this part could fall on this specific weekend because it would leave people talking for a couple weeks.

That was what I was thinking when I saw the hype around this episode...Why else would they release 4 parts in the first two weeks? Maybe it was precisely because of tonight's episode...If it is as wild as some say, this could lead to 2 weeks of Twin Peaks speculation on social media etc.... I honestly hope tonight's episode lasts more than 60 minutes :D and something that blows us away...so jealous, I have to wait until tomorrow night to watch :( no internet for me after I go to bed tonight :D
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

Damn, the teasing is real with Part 8
manalicream
Roadhouse Member

Post by manalicream »

Get the feeling Amy Shiels is in tonight's show which would suggest the Mitchum's returning. Wonder if we'll get that scene Belushi alluded to on breakfast TV.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

bowie? :shock:
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

a bowie appearance would be...i mean i don't even know how i could even try to describe that.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

What a great day. This anticipation is the best, it reminds of when I watched the original series live.

The best part is all this speculation, imaginations running wild. Lynch should be yrev, very happy.
cart

Post by cart »

During the original run - the episodes that involved the killing of a main / important character would get the hype frenzy that this episode is starting to get. David would even shoot multiple versions as he did with the Madeline murder scene. My guess is a death that either involves the killing of a beloved character or sets up new murders in Twin Peaks that tie into the Laura Palmer mystery that will drive the second part of the "Return".
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Deming's tweet has an image of the Red Room and it seems from Kyle's interview that this "blow your minds"-thing might be about one particular character. Bet my pyjamas it's got something to do with Laura.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

I speculated earlier in the thread, before the rumor, that Lynch and Frost could have structured The Return around Cooper and Laura's return to the world, and if so, Laura might be given a similar sort of surreal journey as Coop.

We might actually return to the same space that Cooper traveled through, but maybe this time we see "the mother." Or it might very well be a different surreal space, unique to Laura's journey.

I also think there's a chance the Jeffries' mystery gets explored.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

I see episode 8 thread is locked so will add to speculation here saying I think we'll see someone pass out from the deliciousness of "Bing" (someone looking for Bing right?) cherry pie. Bakery next door to the RR right? Perhaps some band members from episode 5 raid it while getting the munchies found next day to have overindulged in saccharine goodness now in a sugar induced coma found like ants caught in terro...

Cue the 2 wk wait.
Last edited by DoppelBocker on Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:I speculated earlier in the thread, before the rumor, that Lynch and Frost could have structured The Return around Cooper and Laura's return to the world, and if so, Laura might be given a similar sort of surreal journey as Coop.

We might actually return to the same space that Cooper traveled through, but maybe this time we see "the mother." Or it might very well be a different surreal space, unique to Laura's journey.

"I am dead, yet I live"

I have been trying to make sense of this paradox...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

mtwentz wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:I speculated earlier in the thread, before the rumor, that Lynch and Frost could have structured The Return around Cooper and Laura's return to the world, and if so, Laura might be given a similar sort of surreal journey as Coop.

"I am dead, yet I live"

Laura was killed in FWWM, but before that, she put the Black Lodge ring on. I believe this is what created the paradox -- the ring is what's kept her spirit immortal, but trapped, in the Lodge.

But in spending 25 years (right?) in the Lodge, Laura, like Dale, now has the opportunity to reenter the world. The 25 years in purgatory was the price she had to pay to live again.

This is why Lynch says we need to watch FWWM to understand The Return -- the idea of the ring's importance to Laura's spiritual immortality is fully established there.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 7 - There's a body all right (SPOILERS)

Post by Pinky »

mtwentz wrote:

"I am dead, yet I live"

I figured that someone has created a Dougie-esque clone of Laura, for whatever reason.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
DoppelBocker
Roadhouse Member

Post by DoppelBocker »

I think it's possible that another Laura could've been manufactured like Dougie. She sees herself in the painting still when looking out her bedroom door with the ring in hand after the dream in FWWM but then seems to wake up a 2nd time without the ring of course before re-obtaining it from Mike throwing it in boxcar end of film. Perhaps now old Laura will take place of manufactured one (the one who was killed not being real Laura)...

Lynch perhaps will be introducing notion of alternate realities/alternate timelines being created by lodge spirits meddling. This is all a bit tenuous and I think key to understanding things more is maybe a work-around of the diary descrepancy discussed here http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=60

Everything is all really confusing and I think things just need to progress more in terms of solid exposition as just bit much at the moment.