Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mujubuju
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Post by mujubuju »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Everybody assumed that Mr. C will kill Ray and will head where the coordinates lead him. Now I guess that he will need to find Hastings secretary himself? Or he'll go to the Farm to find Ray again? Or to Argentina to find Jeffries? Holy fuck, this has to be the most unpredictable show ever! The episode ends and you don't know what you'll see next week.
Ahhaah when Mr.C pulled the gun my wife said : "This was so predictable."
After the scene, I told her "Say again?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
When the credits rolled, I hope you turned and told her "This was so predictable" :D
SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

Post by SpookySculder »

I still can't get over the imagery in this episode. My God. It is beyond stunning. This is just old school cinema here. And quite honestly film has been lacking for me in recent decades. Thank you David Lynch for reminding me of the beauty of film. These shots remind me of the Citizen Kanes, the Battleship Potempkins, The Cabinet of Dr. Caliagris....the list goes on.
G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

Just a quick little shout out to the five legged cow who has always spoken the truth here.... Wow!
watergateburglar

Post by watergateburglar »

No I die to know what will happen for him? Without Bob he may be less powerful, less omniscient. Things may turn harder for DoppelCoop.[/quote]

Not sure, Evil Cooper may have to use more of Cooper's intelligence and intuition.. He may masquerade more as Cooper.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

watergateburglar wrote:No I die to know what will happen for him? Without Bob he may be less powerful, less omniscient. Things may turn harder for DoppelCoop.
Not sure, Evil Cooper may have to use more of Cooper's intelligence and intuition.. He may masquerade more as Cooper.
I think that we might actually have a problem if Dougie wakes up, or if badCoop goes comatose as Dougie. We might have two TRUE Coopers, both of them real Coopers, without any host or anything.

indyit
RR Diner Member

Post by indyit »

Anyone know where doppelCoop was when he got shot? My geography isn't very good, could he already be in twin peaks? New Mexico? Or still South Dakota? Probably not Vegas... So many locations!
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

G42.2 wrote:Just a quick little shout out to the five legged cow who has always spoken the truth here.... Wow!
A true legend. :)
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
Panapaok
Bookhouse Member

Post by Panapaok »

indyit wrote:Anyone know where doppelCoop was when he got shot? My geography isn't very good, could he already be in twin peaks? New Mexico? Or still South Dakota? Probably not Vegas... So many locations!
South Dakota
This is - excuse me - a damn fine cup of coffee.
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

Zachary wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
djsunyc wrote:this thread is going to go 100+ with the 2 week break lol. i can't wait for the screen caps.
What I need is the jazz music that was played on the Gramophone!!! 10 hour loop if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the one that's on the "The Air is On Fire" album? For 99 cents, the iTunes Store could make your dream a reality.

I actually bought the album last night :lol:

Image what is the track titled please so I can go and buy it?

ETA: someone has answered already!

Last edited by KyleRickards on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
tamygdala
Roadhouse Member

Post by tamygdala »

Anyone else get the vibe that the woodsmen/soot spirits (Whatever you want to call them) are dugpas? I came across an interesting article that associated the dugpas with something called the Red Hat Sect. Some of these woodsmen are wearing red hats - additionally, The Electrician in FWWM (Calvin Lockhart) is wearing a red hat and a beard very similar to the lead Woodsman in Part 8. Finally, came across this bit of info:

"Dugpa is a term used for someone who is a Master of the Dark Arts, male or female, that uses tools such as Hypnosis, Neural Linguistic Programming, Hegelian Dialect, Hallucinogens (sometimes) and other mind control techniques designed to attach a person to the lower astral realms. Not only are Dugpas masters of the the (LHP) left hand path, they are masters of the the (RHP) right hand path also. Dugpas are masters of duality."
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

Episode 8 of Twin Peaks will now launch a thousand film study research papers. I kinda got what was going on, but as I watched online today even my app was like WTF Lynch and gave up halfway through the nuclear explosion.
TweetPeak
Roadhouse Member

Post by TweetPeak »

so where´s BOB now?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

KyleRickards wrote:
Zachary wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:
What I need is the jazz music that was played on the Gramophone!!! 10 hour loop if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the one that's on the "The Air is On Fire" album? For 99 cents, the iTunes Store could make your dream a reality.

Track is "VII. Interior"

Amazing thing, get the whole album.

G42.2
Roadhouse Member

Post by G42.2 »

Panapaok wrote:
G42.2 wrote:Just a quick little shout out to the five legged cow who has always spoken the truth here.... Wow!
A true legend. :)
Indeed!
KyleRickards
RR Diner Member

Post by KyleRickards »

yaxomoxay wrote:
KyleRickards wrote:
Zachary wrote: Is that the one that's on the "The Air is On Fire" album? For 99 cents, the iTunes Store could make your dream a reality.

Track is "VII. Interior"

Amazing thing, get the whole album.

Thank you!