Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Post by Troubbble »

DeepBlueSeed wrote:
Ragnell wrote:
dontlooknow wrote:i like how the 2-week-hiatus changes the quality of speculations towards experimental :)

on topic: are there any explanations yet for dougies wedding ring ending up in briggs' stomach?
Briggs swallowed the Owl Cave ring to keep it from Doppelcoop and some sort of magic changed it out with Dougie's wedding ring the day before Cooper left the Lodge?
Nice idea!
There's something to that! Very interesting.
Enig

Post by Enig »

The egg that appears when Dougie disappears in EP3 looks really similar to the ones spewn forth by the experiment creature. Not sure what to make of that, but I guess it might have something to do with Dougie's origin. The golden orb also reminds me of Laura's orb, might be his soul/essence/whatever in a similar way. Or maybe it's actually Laura's essence pulled out of the lodge and repurposed in the creation of Dougie?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Having rewatched Episode 8 of the original series, one thing I noticed that made me think of Part 8 of the most recent episode of this new series - when the giant bids Cooper farewell, a ball of light floats out of his body. And of course in this episode we see him produce a ball of light featuring Laura.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

mujubuju wrote:We've reached that point in this thread where the theories/speculations have become more bizarre and obtuse than the actual show itself. That is quite an accomplishment.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Just noticed that Ruth Davenport (Mary Stofle) and Señorita Dido (Joy Nash) look pretty similar. I wouldn't have thought much of it except that their counterparts also look similar: William Hastings (Matthew Lillard) and the Giant (Carel Struycken). If Señor Droolcup was an old, human version of the Giant, William Hastings could pass for a middle aged, human version of the Giant. Might be nothing, but thought it worth mentioning.

Anyone else think that Señorita Dido is meant to look ambiguously pregnant?
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

How come I can already watch tomorrow's episode of "I'm Dying Up Here" on Showtime on demand but have to wait until tomorrow night for part 9?
Novalis
RR Diner Member

Post by Novalis »

madeleineferguson wrote:Anyone else think that Señorita Dido is meant to look ambiguously pregnant?
Maybe she's "pregnant with ambiguity"? :P "pregnant with possibilities"? :P

I'm here all week.
As a matter of fact, 'Chalfont' was the name of the people that rented this space before. Two Chalfonts. Weird, huh?
anthoto1
Roadhouse Member

Post by anthoto1 »

madeleineferguson wrote:Just noticed that Ruth Davenport (Mary Stofle) and Señorita Dido (Joy Nash) look pretty similar. I wouldn't have thought much of it except that their counterparts also look similar: William Hastings (Matthew Lillard) and the Giant (Carel Struycken). If Señor Droolcup was an old, human version of the Giant, William Hastings could pass for a middle aged, human version of the Giant. Might be nothing, but thought it worth mentioning.

Anyone else think that Señorita Dido is meant to look ambiguously pregnant?
Well, I think they're just both somewhere between overweight and obese. You're reaching bro :D
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Esselgee wrote:How come I can already watch tomorrow's episode of "I'm Dying Up Here" on Showtime on demand but have to wait until tomorrow night for part 9?
I'm pretty sure it's because that show is doing poorly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rhodes
RR Diner Member

Post by Rhodes »

In previous years, I was always counting the days for the new Game of Thrones season to begin. This year, I hardly care though...
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

back to part 8 :wink: Image
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
poetix

Post by poetix »

Alina Szapocznikow (1926-1973): Kruzlowa, 1971

Remind you of anything?

I'm told that Lynch filmed lots of Inland Empire in Lodz, where the big art museum has loads of Szapocznikow...
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

Did anybody notice if the "lincoln woodsman" was there during the BOB/doppelganger ritual?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

poetix wrote:
Alina Szapocznikow (1926-1973): Kruzlowa, 1971

Remind you of anything?

I'm told that Lynch filmed lots of Inland Empire in Lodz, where the big art museum has loads of Szapocznikow...
Bravo.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

CuriousWoman wrote:Did anybody notice if the "lincoln woodsman" was there during the BOB/doppelganger ritual?
According to the actor who played the woodsman in the jail cell in episode 1, the Lincoln-alike Woodsman did film in that scene with bad Coop. He obviously wasn't dressed like he was in part 8 though so up for debate whether he was playing that same character or not.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*