Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Saturn's child

Re: Part 8 - Gotta light? (SPOILERS)

Postby Saturn's child » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Capeditiea wrote:... there is a story in this reality of a couple in the same year of 1956, that happened to be driving down a highway and ended up seeing an alien... (could be related.)

Hi Capeditiea, & welcome to the board!

I was just wondering what incident you were referring to here? There were quite a wave of humanoid/alien sightings in the mid 50s, particularly in France & the US (guessing you know this though). :)
Capeditiea

Postby Capeditiea » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:44 pm

Saturn's child wrote:
Capeditiea wrote:... there is a story in this reality of a couple in the same year of 1956, that happened to be driving down a highway and ended up seeing an alien... (could be related.)

Hi Capeditiea, & welcome to the board!

I was just wondering what incident you were referring to here? There were quite a wave of humanoid/alien sightings in the mid 50s, particularly in France & the US (guessing you know this though). :)

yes... i would have to look it up on the exact one. (or hypnotise my self into remembering...) i will do this later...

:3 i am aware, there are many.

---edited to add.
Sigh... i tried searching but i cannot seem to find the site i found it on...

the site had a bunch of un-classified documents and objects. (not only of the extra-terestial kind, also of some really interesting objects, that was not known in the public before... (perhaps someone here knows the site...) another interesting thing about that site, is there was an experiment similar to the experiment in it's description. and a record player that only plays backwards. (i lost it after switching OSes in 2015.)

Or the site was from an alternate timeline... if no one knows about that site in particular, then i will be left with two options, i am crazy or i am in a different timeline.
Saturn's child

Postby Saturn's child » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:23 am

Capeditiea wrote:Or the site was from an alternate timeline...

You just got Mandela Effected, haha. :wink: Sounds like an interesting site though!

Going back to Part 8 (& TP/Lynch in general), the woodsmen/alien thing you brought up makes me think of 'Woodcutters from Fiery Ships' (http://www.thecityofabsurdity.com/game.html), a game Lynch was working on in the late 90s. According to John Neff, Lynch was "fairly far down the road writing the game", so a couple of elements could've made it through to the Return.

From the above site: "And then suddenly the woodcutters arrive and they take the man who we think has witnessed these events, and their ship is... uh, silver, like a 30`s kind of ship"
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:52 am

Saturn's child wrote:

You just got Mandela Effected, haha. :wink: Sounds like an interesting site though!

Going back to Part 8 (& TP/Lynch in general), the woodsmen/alien thing you brought up makes me think of 'Woodcutters from Fiery Ships' (http://www.thecityofabsurdity.com/game.html), a game Lynch was working on in the late 90s. According to John Neff, Lynch was "fairly far down the road writing the game", so a couple of elements could've made it through to the Return.

From the above site: "And then suddenly the woodcutters arrive and they take the man who we think has witnessed these events, and their ship is... uh, silver, like a 30`s kind of ship"

I’m guessing you know this, but Lynch & Badalamenti recently released their song of the same name, which was recorded in the 1992-93 period shortly after FWWM, and has a “storyline” similar to the description of the game.
Saturn's child

Postby Saturn's child » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:32 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I’m guessing you know this, but Lynch & Badalamenti recently released their song of the same name, which was recorded in the 1992-93 period shortly after FWWM, and has a “storyline” similar to the description of the game.

I knew there was a song of the same name, but I haven't got the album yet (or listened to it on the tube)... definitely didn't know the storyline reflected the game though (there are lyrics?) or that it was recorded so soon after FWWM, both of which are very interesting to hear. Going to listen now, thanks for the heads up!
Capeditiea

Postby Capeditiea » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:22 pm

Saturn's child wrote:

sigh... the mandela effect happens to me a lot... especially the Volvo insignia. (which is a hole [sic] different kind of strange synchro with Lynch and my self... i may embark on this story of my life working for Kirby at some random point.)

the game seems fascinating. :O *nods, perhaps someone could recode it for android or linux. :3 because i would play it.

i need to check out the song as well.

---edited to add the "[sic]"

Return to “Parts Discussion”