Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 9 - This is the chair (SPOILERS)

Post by yaxomoxay »

Mallard wrote:Jerry's talking shoe unnerved me more than anything else has this season.

Also, I did a slight fist pump when the opening to Night Bells played over the sheriff's station.

No idea why.
At this point I think that the Night Bells simply mean... Garland Briggs.
He's the one helping all of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

Bushnell was curling his fist because he suspects Anthony of putting the hit on Dougie and will probably lead to him knocking him out.

Also johnny knocked down a picture of a waterfall not sure if it was the GN or not but seemed to be a donut/hole moment.

Also I agree that chair does resemble the one Coop was sitting in at the "beginning?" Of the return. Also when Gordon said "the waiting room" gave me chills
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Diane was wearing flats. This was a shocking red pump... Most likely because David just likes it visually.

And man, on the rewatch maybe Johnny did die. And whoever said he was possibly running from Josie's ghost... Pretty sure Sylvia and Johnny were not at the Northern. "Who let him out?!!" She screamed though.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Very minor detail but one I appreciated: Ike the Spike in his first motel appearance some time ago, it was Bulleit bourbon bottle seen on the dresser as he did shots from it. I'm partial to Bulleit myself and, don't care for Wild Turkey or Jim Beam or others since trying it.
Tonight: instead it was Jack Daniels on the dresser. And Ike made this *face* after taking a swig. It cracked me up.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

Mallard wrote:Jerry's talking shoe unnerved me more than anything else has this season.

Also, I did a slight fist pump when the opening to Night Bells played over the sheriff's station.

No idea why.

Didn't do a fist pump but I peaked up on my couch. I was hoping it was going to be a James scene. That theme was generally with him.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

i actually loved

WHAT HAPPENS IN SEASON 2
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
frompureair
Roadhouse Member

Post by frompureair »

At first I thought It was Audrey asking who let him out but then saw it was Sylvia which would lead me to believe they did divorce (over Donna?) if he did die then that could bring Audrey back to town unless Richard is hers and she never left, but I can't help but think Lynch knows the fans would assume this and use it to throw them off.
camel1206

Post by camel1206 »

If you guys want to see who has signed the guestbook, read away. Some fairly entertaining stuff so far lol

http://thesearchforthezone.com/guestboo ... ntries.txt
Mallard
RR Diner Member

Post by Mallard »

WhiteLodge90 wrote:

No idea why.

Didn't do a fist pump but I peaked up on my couch. I was hoping it was going to be a James scene. That theme was generally with him.
It was surreal. I don't get very outwardly emotive watching tv or movies, so I can't figure what possessed me to do such a thing. I guess that's why I enjoy this show so much.
Welcome...to the third...place.
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Esselgee wrote:Eric Rondell as Johnny Horne. He seems to be a stunt man and not an actor. His head injury is similar to Ben's from Doc Hayward. Hopefully, Johnny survives. Was that supposed to be inside the Great Northern?
If he had died, I wouldn't have expected Ben to be so calm later (or Beverly to have been trying to seduce him).

Granted, '90s Ben was a pretty self-centered scumbag pre-Civil War delusion, but '90s Ben wouldn't likely have turned Beverly down either. So maybe he continued down the path of trying to reform after the confrontation with Dr. Hayward in the original series finale.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Jonah wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:On the rewatch re the shoes... I think it is not a recall for Cooper. Just the flag stirs something in him. The flashy red shoes on shapely legs guides his attention to the outlet, which also stirs something in his memory. (But I do think the red pump is a Lynch nod to Audrey, just not related to the plot of Cooper's awakening.)
Yes, I think it's definitely a nod to the pilot, whether for Coop or not I'm not sure - but definitely a nod from Lynch (and maybe for fans). Did you see the Vanity Fair article yet?
I did! Well, I just did. And I completely forgot she does wear them in the "Good morning, Colonel Cooper" scene. But I doubt Lynch would be as clued into that as a reference... Mostly just using his own strong impressions. I have to say I'm so surprised by how much importance the Hornes have had in this, and I only think it's going to keep going. And in regards to the questions you were asking about filming and actors... Don't get caught up in it. None of them knew the context in how this would be entirely filmed... Everyone is going to get their respected due.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Most disturbing thing in episode 9 is that the girl's beer can is obviously empty and she keeps drinking from it.

FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:I love Bill's site it's so charming in a 90s way! http://thesearchforthezone.com/
Does the "click here to read older journal entries" link do anything besides display static and play the TP theme music?
kosis

Post by kosis »

wAtChLaR wrote:i actually loved

WHAT HAPPENS IN SEASON 2
My favorite line as well. Loved it.
WhiteLodge90
RR Diner Member
Location: You're on the path. you don't need to know where it leads. just follow.

Post by WhiteLodge90 »

yaxomoxay wrote:Most disturbing thing in episode 9 is that the girl's beer can is obviously empty and she keeps drinking from it.

That is what we call an actors tic.
The milk will get cool on you pretty soon.