Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by The Brown Lodge »

wxray wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
wxray wrote:OK, we know Richard is not a cousin, or nephew. He is either Johnny or Audrey's son.

Someone up above was sure it was Audrey. Why? It could still be Johnny. I think the fact that Richard called Johnny a piece of shit or whatever means nothing, considering he called his grandmother the c-word. The guy is pure evil and doesn't give a crap about anything.

I still think his parentage is up for grabs.
In what possible scenario could Johnny Horne father a child?
25 years passed. Think 20 year ago... Perhaps Johnny got some help, or some medicine and he became a bit higher functioning and had a little fling. Look, it happens.

The child eventually ends up in the care of the well off grandparents. Grandparents raising grandchildren is way on the rise right now.

Of course, it very well probably is Audrey's child.

If this turns out to be canon, I will paypal you $20.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
wxray wrote:OK, we know Richard is not a cousin, or nephew. He is either Johnny or Audrey's son.

Someone up above was sure it was Audrey. Why? It could still be Johnny. I think the fact that Richard called Johnny a piece of shit or whatever means nothing, considering he called his grandmother the c-word. The guy is pure evil and doesn't give a crap about anything.

I still think his parentage is up for grabs.
In what possible scenario could Johnny Horne father a child?
I mean, just look at Dougie and Janey-E from just minutes before...

Not implying that Richard is Johnny's
Last edited by trismegistus on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cstar84
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cstar84 »

djsunyc wrote:
The Gazebo wrote:First impression: F****n' brilliant.

Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
i have the same fear i'm having during lost's last season. alot of stuff going on...and coop is still dougie. until he returns back to dale cooper, we are still building to a climax.
I don't think we're getting anything approaching the "real" Cooper until the last two eipsiodes, if at all. If anything, I think the sex scene and DougieCoop's reaction hints that he might stay with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Are you guys forgetting the scene with Doc Hayward talking about (Evil) Cooper being at the hospital the same time as Audrey being in a coma. I don't think that would get mentioned if it didn't mean something.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

djsunyc wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:It's also possible Richard is Donna's daughter, and that could explain why he's a black sheep even in the Horne family.
but then sylvia wouldn't be grandma. it would be donna's mom.
You're probably right, unless he says it somewhat ironically. Maybe he was forced to accept her as grandma for a while until it became clear who his real mother was?
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

so is janey-e going to die?
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

Audrey Horne wrote:Seriously there's debate if Richard is Audrey's son, after that reveal?

I think it has to be at least 95% clear now that Mr. C has a horrible little monster.

You think Richard Horne is the child of Audrey and bad Coop?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

I'll go with ya'll for now that little Richie is Audrey's spawn. Remember, ya'll were sure Johnny was not to be in the show either. :) It is all good, this is a great ride.

Now, question: What's this with cell pings in Philadelphia and Mexico? I thought Evil Coop was in South Dakota? I'm confused.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

C-Lee wrote:Mainly a lurker here but I'm surprised at the love this episode is getting so far.

10 minutes shorter than usual and was overall underwhelming for me. The episode title had me too hyped up I guess.
Well, for me, I loved the fast pace and thought they crammed in a lot of scenes with a lot of characters, old and new. And there were a lot of scenes that were intense, particularly the ones with Richard, that elicited a pretty high emotional response from me. I loved the fact that those scenes could live in the same 50ish minutes as that ending number. Lots of suspense as well, I worried for the safety of about 8 characters. The sexual tension with Janey-E was funny and welcome in an unexpected way. (I almost thought Coop would return post-coitus!) It also made me preemptively sad for Janey-E, as I wonder what will become of her happiness and life once Coop snaps out of it.

I dunno, this was one of my favourite episodes so far. I feel very lucky and privileged to be able to watch this show.
Last edited by ThumbsUp on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Audrey Horne wrote:All this abuse for women, and murder tonight, there's gotta be a turn of events!
Yes - I want some vengeance.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

trismegistus wrote:
garethw wrote: I'll need to rewatch and have a good look at it, but it reminded me of the little I know about an old, old Lynch screenplay called "Gardenback", I think.
Care to elaborate?
Not much to say, really, and I could well be wrong -- on first viewing, the picture looked like an animal with trees growing out of its back, not antlers (which is why I'm probably going to look like an idiot when someone posts a cap...)

"Gardenback" goes back to around Eraserhead days, I think, and it was about this world on the back of some sort of beast. It is mentioned a few times in the Lynch biography, "Beautiful Dark".
Last edited by garethw on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:Seriously there's debate if Richard is Audrey's son, after that reveal?

I think it has to be at least 95% clear now that Mr. C has a horrible little monster.

You think Richard Horne is the child of Audrey and bad Coop?
That seems to be what the show itself is implying. You really think there going to reintroduce Billy Zane?
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

anyone else almost think candy was a spirit or ghost until she actually slapped one of the mitchums?
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member

Post by JohnPalSki »

Someone mentioned something about the Black Lodge and Mexico. I am racking my brain to know what you're talking about.

Anyone else know? I have no memory of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly