Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by ThumbsUp »

Hester Prynne wrote:
mtwentz wrote:So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
Ahh . . . hadn't made that connection yet, but I think you might be right. Wasn't he outside of the box looking in? And wasn't there something or someone in the box? Could anybody see who or what it was?
Oh, I thought he was inside the box. I didn't know who the other person was.

Remember in the premiere, Ben talking about some woman and her New York friends staying at the Great Northern and keeping the spa running? I assumed that woman was associated with the box, as that scene immediately followed the first NYC scene, I believe.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
BGate wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote: That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
There was literally a scene in part 7 where the sole purpose (plotwise) was to introduce the fact that Evil Coop was seen leaving the ICU where Audrey was. they even have a character say, "I thought he was probably visiting Audrey Horne." And we know Richard (and Linda) are important somehow in the grand scheme, which means they probably have something to do with Coop.

So, no, it's not remotely a stretch. I'd say it's highly likely at this point.
A retired doctor speculating about someone's reason for being in a hospital means it's highly likely he was there to rape Audrey? I don't buy it at all.
You're talking about this as if it's real life and not a very meticulously scripted TV show. That line is in there for a reason. It's either what you're doubting or it's an intentional misdirection, which to me would be the stretch.

And you're also talking as if this was the real Coop and not the evil version who's connected to BOB (who has a history of, you know, raping people).
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Dougie!
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Maybe someone with access to Johnny had sex with him so she could get her hands on the Hornes' money.

The guy in the New York picture with Evil Cooper is a bald man with glasses wearing a trench coat. Can anyone identify him?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

h2nho wrote:
wxray wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote:Someone mentioned something about the Black Lodge and Mexico. I am racking my brain to know what you're talking about.

Anyone else know? I have no memory of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tammy, Albert and Gordon were talking about cell pings, and included verbiage about pings from Philly and Mexico. It was too fast. I'm going to have to rewatch it.
The cell phone that sent Diane the message about the conversation being lively pinged on a cell tower from Mexico. We saw DoppleCoop send that message. Therefore, Coop might be in Mexico at the Farm with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth...?
Albert actually said "server" not "cell tower", didn't he?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Esselgee wrote:So was that Moby as one of the musicians at the end?
I wondered if he was the guy talking to NaughtyCoop outside the Box.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

garethw wrote:
h2nho wrote:
wxray wrote:
Tammy, Albert and Gordon were talking about cell pings, and included verbiage about pings from Philly and Mexico. It was too fast. I'm going to have to rewatch it.
The cell phone that sent Diane the message about the conversation being lively pinged on a cell tower from Mexico. We saw DoppleCoop send that message. Therefore, Coop might be in Mexico at the Farm with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth...?
I think you're right! Which actually makes much more sense, given that SD is very, very far away from anywhere in Mexico.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

C-Lee wrote:Mainly a lurker here but I'm surprised at the love this episode is getting so far.

10 minutes shorter than usual and was overall underwhelming for me. The episode title had me too hyped up I guess.
I'm surprised at the negativity.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

so the song "teach me how to dougie" has a totally new meaning now.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Esselgee wrote:Maybe someone with access to Johnny had sex with him so she could get her hands on the Hornes' money.

The guy in the New York picture with Evil Cooper is a bald man with glasses wearing a trench coat. Can anyone identify him?
Looks like we have a mad scientist in Twin Peaks finally!
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

garethw wrote:
h2nho wrote:
wxray wrote:
I had assumed this was DoppelCoop using his technological know-how to spoof the signal coming from somewhere else (so as to not give away his location).
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

Can we talk about Kyle MacLachlan somehow making sex funny? His face at the end made me burst out laughing.

Also, Rebekah Del Río is a treasure and her song was just achingly beautiful, especially after a Log Lady end. Her "Llorando" is my favorite part of Mulholland Drive, so nice to see her here.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

djsunyc wrote:so the song "teach me how to dougie" has a totally new meaning now.
Dougie certainly has an unorthodox... technique.

/me flaps arms vaguely.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
BGate wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote: That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
There was literally a scene in part 7 where the sole purpose (plotwise) was to introduce the fact that Evil Coop was seen leaving the ICU where Audrey was. they even have a character say, "I thought he was probably visiting Audrey Horne." And we know Richard (and Linda) are important somehow in the grand scheme, which means they probably have something to do with Coop.

A retired doctor speculating about someone's reason for being in a hospital means it's highly likely he was there to rape Audrey? I don't buy it at all.
I bet Leland killing Jacques in the hospital just really grinds your gears then
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

BGate wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
BGate wrote:

You're talking about this as if it's real life and not a very meticulously scripted TV show. That line is in there for a reason. It's either what you're doubting or it's an intentional misdirection, which to me would be the stretch.

And you're also talking as if this was the real Coop and not the evil version who's connected to BOB (who has a history of, you know, raping people).

People on here have a tendency to jump right off a cliff whenever any little bit of information is revealed. All last week, people here were adamant that Johnny Horne had killed himself by ramming his head into a wall. Not to mention the whole 2003 thing that prospered for the first few weeks.