Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie

User avatar
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby FlyingSquirrel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 pm

dropkick23 wrote:
Cstar84 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
i have the same fear i'm having during lost's last season. alot of stuff going on...and coop is still dougie. until he returns back to dale cooper, we are still building to a climax.


I don't think we're getting anything approaching the "real" Cooper until the last two eipsiodes, if at all. If anything, I think the sex scene and DougieCoop's reaction hints that he might stay with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.


I'm thinking love will snap him out it and yes, he'll stay with Janey E.


It does seem like the real Dale Cooper won't have much of a life to go back to at this point, and I could see him as somebody who did want to have a family eventually. Returning to Twin Peaks or to the FBI might just mean surrounding himself with a lot of painful memories.
rocketsan22
RR Diner Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:30 am

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby rocketsan22 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Maybe Johnny raped Audrey........
User avatar
UnderTheSycamores
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby UnderTheSycamores » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:01 pm

Esselgee wrote:Did Kyle MacLachlan hit the gym or something before filming this? Or did they spent a chunk of Showtime's money to give Cooper CGI abs? I don't remember Cooper looking like that in his shirtless scenes 25 years ago.


Like prison, what else did Coop have time to do while stuck in the Lodge? Benchin trees all day everyday :lol:
User avatar
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member
Posts: 110
Joined: Sun May 28, 2017 7:42 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby The Brown Lodge » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Esselgee wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Looks like we have a mad scientist in Twin Peaks finally!



Maybe its Philip Jeffries, after 25 years of aging.


It could be Sam Stanley! He wore glasses and had a similar trench coat.


Lol. This i'd like to see.
User avatar
twin-b
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 97
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby twin-b » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

garethw wrote:
twin-b wrote:I'm choosing to believe that Diane is not really dirty. I think this is a red herring.

There was speculation about the text message being upper and lowercase when DoppelCoop sent it and then all-caps when Diane received it, right? Like maybe it went through an intermediary. I also think this is the Mexico thing. I think Coop is in South Dakota but he texted someone in Mexico and then that person texted Diane. She doesn't know it's DoppelCoop. (I hope.)


Ahh. That does make some kind of sense. I was thinking that there was an intermediary, but I never thought of the lower/upper case difference as an indicator of it.

I also wondered if "We used to smoke together, Diane, didn't we?" was Gordon setting a trap.

I did forget momentarily about Gordon saying he felt something was wrong when he hugged her. That's troubling. But still, she can't knowingly be working with DoppelCoop or other bad elements.
cgs027
RR Diner Member
Posts: 132
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby cgs027 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

Esselgee wrote:Maybe someone with access to Johnny had sex with him so she could get her hands on the Hornes' money.

The guy in the New York picture with Evil Cooper is a bald man with glasses wearing a trench coat. Can anyone identify him?


I'd have to see a screen cap, but to me, it almost looked like a monk sitting in a meditative position...
User avatar
garethw
RR Diner Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Deep River

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby garethw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
dropkick23 wrote:
Cstar84 wrote:
I don't think we're getting anything approaching the "real" Cooper until the last two eipsiodes, if at all. If anything, I think the sex scene and DougieCoop's reaction hints that he might stay with Janey-E and Sonny Jim.


I'm thinking love will snap him out it and yes, he'll stay with Janey E.


It does seem like the real Dale Cooper won't have much of a life to go back to at this point, and I could see him as somebody who did want to have a family eventually. Returning to Twin Peaks or to the FBI might just mean surrounding himself with a lot of painful memories.


DougieCoop's tear when he was looking at Sonny Jim foreshadows to me that this will not be the case.
User avatar
garethw
RR Diner Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Deep River

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby garethw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:06 pm

twin-b wrote:
garethw wrote:
twin-b wrote:I'm choosing to believe that Diane is not really dirty. I think this is a red herring.

There was speculation about the text message being upper and lowercase when DoppelCoop sent it and then all-caps when Diane received it, right? Like maybe it went through an intermediary. I also think this is the Mexico thing. I think Coop is in South Dakota but he texted someone in Mexico and then that person texted Diane. She doesn't know it's DoppelCoop. (I hope.)


Ahh. That does make some kind of sense. I was thinking that there was an intermediary, but I never thought of the lower/upper case difference as an indicator of it.

I also wondered if "We used to smoke together, Diane, didn't we?" was Gordon setting a trap.

I did forget momentarily about Gordon saying he felt something was wrong when he hugged her. That's troubling. But still, she can't knowingly be working with DoppelCoop or other bad elements.


When he hugs her outside after the interview with Coop, the camera lingers on his hand, which he holds away from her body, rather than further embracing her. I wasn't sure what to make of it at the time.

In a way, I kind of hope that this is somehow not the real Diane, because one of the real pleasures of the original show was Coop's amicable relationship with this character we don't know anything about. I was surprised at the decision to show Diane, for that reason, but perhaps the pay-off for it will be worth it.
User avatar
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member
Posts: 513
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:01 pm
Contact:

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby Wonderful & Strange » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm

We had one moment of beauty in this part, at least, Albert and the coroner. And it was fun seeing Tammy and Gordon enjoy their joy too.

There was lots of evil in this part, but that's the point of the show so far: evil has run unchecked while Dale Cooper has been gone.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
User avatar
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby FlyingSquirrel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:07 pm

blue_tomorrows wrote:I have to say that Janey-E acting that way in the context of this episode also really undermined one of the VERY few female characters in this show with any intelligence or self-respect.


Yeah. I'm hoping that they'll let Tammy have one of the real investigative breakthroughs at some point instead of just playing second fiddle to Gordon and Albert, especially since Frost's book seems to suggest that she's pretty competent.

On the positive side re: female characters, anyone else think Lucy might have caught on to what Chad was up to? I was reminded of how she eavesdropped on Bobby and Mike in the original series pilot, and when Chad started looking through the envelopes where she might have been able to see it, I couldn't help but think, "Underestimate Lucy at your peril."
User avatar
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:09 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby trismegistus » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

The Brown Lodge wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
A retired doctor speculating about someone's reason for being in a hospital means it's highly likely he was there to rape Audrey? I don't buy it at all.


I bet Leland killing Jacques in the hospital just really grinds your gears then


I don't see any correalation. Sorry.


If it's that much of a stretch that Mr. C raped Audrey in the hospital then shouldn't it be even more of one that Leland was able to successfully murder someone? I mean, you do know that people are allowed to be left alone with patients that are in a coma, right? All it would really take is for someone psychopathic enough to actually rape someone in that situation in order to get away with it.
User avatar
JohnPalSki
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:51 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby JohnPalSki » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Another moment of joy and warmth:

NADINE drinking that shake.

And those drapes opening and closing. And Run Silent Run Drapes!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Pal
---------------------
"Don't expect a turkey dog here."
User avatar
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:26 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby FlyingSquirrel » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Esselgee wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Looks like we have a mad scientist in Twin Peaks finally!



Maybe its Philip Jeffries, after 25 years of aging.


It could be Sam Stanley! He wore glasses and had a similar trench coat.


I'd estimate that the glass box is worth $4,000.
User avatar
garethw
RR Diner Member
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: Deep River

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby garethw » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm

One more thought about Diane and the Mexican cell tower (or server).

Our very brief look-in on Jerry Horne this week had him yelling at his phone, saying it was lying for saying there was no reception here.

Seems possibly relevant.
User avatar
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member
Posts: 279
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:34 pm

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Postby The Gazebo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:11 pm

Wonderful & Strange wrote:There was lots of evil in this part, but that's the point of the show so far: evil has run unchecked while Dale Cooper has been gone.


The scene with Richard and Miriam gave me flashbacks to Leland and Maddy.

Return to “Parts Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests