Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dropkick23
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by dropkick23 »

Too funny people crying about the 8 minutes. 2014 - Guys, twin peaks season 3 is a go!! Unreal! Oh. Wait. Episode 10 of 18 (all directed by lynch himself) will be 52 mins instead of 60?? Forget it, I'm out
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Really hope that Bobby is the father of Becky Burnett, just so he can clock Steven good. I suspect that Bobby is so consumed with being a do-gooder cop that he might've neglected problems with his family, a la Major Garland Briggs.

I was initially bothered by Carl Rodd not coming to Becky's rescue. However, a 90+ year old guy is likely one bad fall away from death, and after witnessing Richard plowing that kid over, Carl is probably eerily aware of his own mortality.
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Framed_Angel wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote:And, it appears there's someone else in the room in that pic. Standing behind the bald floating monk (hahaha)Image
I noticed that, too. I decided for myself I was seeing things -- the right-side edge of what would be a sleeve or such is super-straight vertical. Then again, if draped in something that could fall off the shoulder and down without much contour.

I didn't see as others observed that the bald guy was floating. I thought maybe he had one leg raised up on a ledge or something but the bottom edge of the photo cuts off so there's no way to tell for sure.
That´s weird. When I watched the episode I just thought: Oh look, it´s Hastings and he shaved his head for some reason. :lol:
nick1218
Roadhouse Member

Post by nick1218 »

pvilmur wrote:
HaroldSmith wrote:That Rebekah Del Rio song was incredible.
I've been waiting about 13 years for this song by Rebekah (written by Lynch) to be put to good use. Rebekah actually sang this at the Twin Peaks Festival back in 2004 or thereabouts. I recorded it at the time and thought it was an absolutely perfect fit for the world of Twin Peaks.
Yup I was there she did sing this I have it up on dailymotion at the 18 minute mark
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3sblzx
nick1218
Roadhouse Member

Post by nick1218 »

Firewalkwithme91 wrote:
Framed_Angel wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote:And, it appears there's someone else in the room in that pic. Standing behind the bald floating monk (hahaha)Image
I noticed that, too. I decided for myself I was seeing things -- the right-side edge of what would be a sleeve or such is super-straight vertical. Then again, if draped in something that could fall off the shoulder and down without much contour.

I didn't see as others observed that the bald guy was floating. I thought maybe he had one leg raised up on a ledge or something but the bottom edge of the photo cuts off so there's no way to tell for sure.
That´s weird. When I watched the episode I just thought: Oh look, it´s Hastings and he shaved his head for some reason. :lol:
Its Moby! he was in the ep two times :)
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

dropkick23 wrote:Too funny people crying about the 8 minutes. 2014 - Guys, twin peaks season 3 is a go!! Unreal! Oh. Wait. Episode 10 of 18 (all directed by lynch himself) will be 52 mins instead of 60?? Forget it, I'm out
A lot of people have waited all week for this.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

In the photo of the glass box -- are DoppelCoop and the other figure inside or outside of the glass box?

Maybe it is irrelevant, but the photo means that either DoppelCoop was using the glass box for his own purposes (trapping Coop in Dougie, summoning The Experiment), or that someone pulled him into the glass box similar to how Good Coop was pulled into to glass box.
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

Audrey Horne wrote:
BGate wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:Narratively, why on earth would writers Lynch and Frost have Doc Hayward mention Cooper visit Audrey when the Sheriff character is trying to get to the bottom of things? Why not just say, "after Cooper was checked up, I saw that same look again?"

And clearly Richard didn't get much love as a child. Hard to see Audrey abandoning her child, but I can totally see Ben not wanting anything to do with a "bastard" grandchild.
That's why I could see Audrey still in some sort of coma sleep for twenty five years (even if it's not real life practical). ...like Cooper also asleep from the real world.
And then she wakes up and wants revenge on Bill. :mrgreen:
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

nick1218 wrote:If I am not mistaken, the music playing with Johnny Horne was also in One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
I believe it was the same. It's another favorite film of mine, but I never expected to hear that music anywhere else!

Anyone think Miriam possibly survived Richard's attempt on her life? Last time, we thought Johnny might be toast but turned out he's alive enough.

[Edited because backspace malfunction]
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

The Brown Lodge wrote:This show isnt really working week to week. If i was a patient man, I would have just waited and watched the whole thing in 1 go (or maybe over 2-3 days, say). Episodes like this weeks dont really work standalone for me. I don't think its strong enough.
I mean, it's made by a man who, since 1971, has been sitting down for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon to meditate and has applied themes from meditative texts within this specific show. He's even compared finding ideas with catching fish. Which, if you've ever done, involves sitting around and observing until something bites. I think patience is the whole point here. It also gets the audience talking and interpreting things before its even over. It's opening discussion and people are going to be engaged with that for nearly 4 months of the year before they even start trying to think of it as a whole. And the episodes aren't even meant to really stand alone. Lynch has even gone on record as saying its one long piece that's split into 18 parts. There are a ton of European "films" from back in the day that were really just aired on TV. Just look at Rainer Werner Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz as an example. I think you're entitled to your opinion if you're not happy with it, but I feel like there's a greater context than what you're observing here
Jadegive2rides

Post by Jadegive2rides »

Hi guys! Long time creep of the forum, but I just decided to sign up. Here's my thoughts from the episode.

* I had a passing thought that Ben Horne could be Richard's dad. But quickly realized that Sylvia was addressed as "grandma" so Ben has to be the grandpa. Narrowing his parents down to Audrey or Johnny. Or Donna, since she is half-Horne. Sylvia is not a blood-grandma. In the case Donna is mama, maybe that's why he resents Sylvia so much? And Sylvia wants Ben to deal with it on the phone because she's not really related to him? I just think it's too convenient for his parents to be BadCoop and Audrey. Also, where is Audrey?! :cry:

* What is Chad Broxford up to?! Stealing the coverup murder letter for Richard under Lucy's nose? We have bad characters cornering the field here! BadCoop is playing the entire field. They're everywhere! Even DIANE!? Which brings me to my next point--

* Diane's performance earlier in the season at the prison was TOO real for me. And I believe it. I think she truly hates Cooper's guts because of "that night" that something (rape) terrible happened. I think BadCoop may have recently tricked her into thinking he is someone else via text. I don't think she would EVER trust Cooper/BadCoop/DoppleCoop/AnyCoop but maybe she just wants to say "fuck everyone" and take down Gordon and Cooper together and just end the whole thing. Maybe she thinks the person behind the texts are on her side. Also- what's with the cryptic text to her and the straightforward no-codeword text back?

* OMG Albert and the Morgue Lady are so freaking cute. I love that they are bonding.

* I love the Mitchum brothers and everything surrounding them! They give off old 50s mobster vibes to me including having 3 housewives/eye candy/slaves surround them. The parts with Sandie, Mandie and Candie make me think they're programed to do one thing, take care of these men. I don't think they're programmed very well though. I think the brothers also thought the Insurance man was talking a crock of shit until they got home. Boy are they in for a surprise when they find Dougie is a vegetable with rock hard abs! :lol: Wonder if they will quickly realize it couldn't be him, or if they will start with violence.

* NADINE!!! Finally got her Silent Draper Runner Store. It's adorable, and moments like this bring it full circle for me. Also, her little homemade smoothie while she listens to Jacoby rant about chemicals in food, melts my heart.

* Mark my words, I think next episode will be the one where we visit the coordinates and there will be a showdown as to which Cooper stays in this mortal coil. The Log Lady said "It all flows out now like a river" I think we can anticipate it picking up tremendously from here. We will get answers... Finally!

OKAY- that's all I had to comment on. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did! This was one of my favorites yet, even though I say that every time.
Last edited by Jadegive2rides on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

The scene where Albert and the coroner went on a date was great, even without knowledge of Miguel Ferrer's passing.

Seeing David Lynch watch Albert's moment from afar kinda reminded me of a scene in the movie Ed Wood, where
Spoiler:
Ed Wood watches footage of the recently deceased Bela Lugosi smelling a flower on his front porch.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

If Janey-E isn't knocked up already, she will be soon.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Cappy, coincidentally Martin Landeuau passed away today.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Elric99
Roadhouse Member

Post by Elric99 »

Cappy wrote:In the photo of the glass box -- are DoppelCoop and the other figure inside or outside of the glass box?

Maybe it is irrelevant, but the photo means that either DoppelCoop was using the glass box for his own purposes (trapping Coop in Dougie, summoning The Experiment), or that someone pulled him into the glass box similar to how Good Coop was pulled into to glass box.
I think they are outside of it standing in front of it. Maybe the scientist guy has his leg propped up on part of it or something. But behind the scientist you can see one of those black tubes coming out of the side of the box (go back to ep 1 and look at design of the box to see those black tubes).