Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BigEd
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by BigEd »

Jadegive2rides wrote:Hi guys! Long time creep of the forum, but I just decided to sign up. Here's my thoughts from the episode.

* I had a passing thought that Ben Horne could be Richard's dad. But quickly realized that Sylvia was addressed as "grandma" so Ben has to be the grandpa. Narrowing his parents down to Audrey or Johnny. Or Donna, since she is half-Horne. Sylvia is not a blood-grandma. In the case Donna is mama, maybe that's why he resents Sylvia so much? And Sylvia wants Ben to deal with it on the phone because she's not really related to him? I just think it's too convenient for his parents to be BadCoop and Audrey. Also, where is Audrey?! :cry:
Well, he could have become possessed by an evil spirt and raped his daughter. Oh wait.....
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

BGate wrote:Still not convinced Evil Coop is actually a billionaire. But it looks like people were right to make the connection between Experiment/Mother/the playing card. "This is what I'm looking for." The box was meant to trap it? Or just capture it's image, for some reason.
The very phrase "anonymous billionaire" makes no sense. If the sponsor of the room is anonymous, nobody knows how much money he has (or where the money is coming from). I know that is the phrase that was used in one of the earlier episodes, but I wrote it off as just those characters making an assumption or repeating a rumor.

We now know Coop is involved, but it doesn't take a billion dollars to rent a crappy room in an old building, build a glass box and install a bunch of video equipment.
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

I need to rewatch and check the subtitle when Cole opened the door to see Laura's image. I believe that there was a short line of text identified as being from [Sarah].
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

8 hours left and they have to cover a lot!Except The Sheriff's department,all other old characters have had less than 5 mins of screentime.I hope Coop returns back to Twin Peaks fast
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

BigEd wrote:
BGate wrote:Still not convinced Evil Coop is actually a billionaire. But it looks like people were right to make the connection between Experiment/Mother/the playing card. "This is what I'm looking for." The box was meant to trap it? Or just capture it's image, for some reason.
The very phrase "anonymous billionaire" makes no sense. If the sponsor of the room is anonymous, nobody knows how much money he has (or where the money is coming from). I know that is the phrase that was used in one of the earlier episodes, but I wrote it off as just those characters making an assumption or repeating a rumor.

We now know Coop is involved, but it doesn't take a billion dollars to rent a crappy room in an old building, build a glass box and install a bunch of video equipment.
Are you sure about that? It is New York ...
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

ThumbsUp wrote:Oh, and the drape runners! I know Jacoby's out in the woods, but are he and Nadine a thing now? Anyone else get that impression?
I did
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

The Gazebo wrote:First impression: F****n' brilliant.

Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
I'm starting to think the same, the story just keeps getting expanded more and more :shock:
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

mtwentz wrote:So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
I think so. There's not really enough time left for it to be anyone else.

Some great scenes in this one and one of the best soundtracks so far, but i'm now officially pessimistic about the payoff. Eight episodes left. All eight will have to be shifting like Richard Horne through a stoplight to provide closure just for the storylines we've seen so far, let alone anything new that's coming our way.

Never would have thought i'd be moaning about there not being enough episodes, but I really do think there aren't going to be enough episodes!
TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Post by TheAlien »

Who was the woman that Richard kills at the beginning?
― Austin Osman Spare
tresojos
Roadhouse Member

Post by tresojos »

Thatfabulousalien wrote:Who was the woman that Richard kills at the beginning?
miriam. the girl who stoped by the dinner and saw richard drive over the little kid. i think she was breathing. maybe she wont die
donna madonna mañana fofana osama bin laden hayward
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

The Brown Lodge wrote:This show isnt really working week to week. If i was a patient man, I would have just waited and watched the whole thing in 1 go (or maybe over 2-3 days, say). Episodes like this weeks dont really work standalone for me. I don't think its strong enough.
yeah, I agree, but it's just the nature of the beast. I wouldn't have been able to wait, and ODing after a twenty year wait would feel like shortchanging the show. But as a whole, it's going to be superb. Though i've got reservations about just how much more substance we've got, given the pace so far. There are a hell of a lot of balls up in the air at this point!
Troubbble
RR Diner Member

Post by Troubbble »

LateReg wrote: And the violence against women is almost always perpetrated by unquestionably evil men. I don't understand why people are so quick to criticize the violence against women when the point is that it is MEN who are committing the violence. That's the commentary there; it's not about how Lynch views women, it's about how he views men.
YES. Thank you.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

sycamore wrote:
nick1218 wrote:
Firewalkwithme91 wrote:
That´s weird. When I watched the episode I just thought: Oh look, it´s Hastings and he shaved his head for some reason. :lol:
Its Moby! he was in the ep two times :)
here's the same image with a little exposure/shadow/highlight work in photoshop. definitely a trenchcoat, definitely a third person (arm and side of head) behind the older guy. we might even have enough visual info here to identify him from the cast members wh have not yet had a role in the first ten parts.
I know he's not in it, but it really looks like a bald Anthony Edwards to me.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Pinky wrote:
mtwentz wrote:So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
I think so. There's not really enough time left for it to be anyone else.

Some great scenes in this one and one of the best soundtracks so far, but i'm now officially pessimistic about the payoff. Eight episodes left. All eight will have to be shifting like Richard Horne through a stoplight to provide closure just for the storylines we've seen so far, let alone anything new that's coming our way.

Never would have thought i'd be moaning about there not being enough episodes, but I really do think there aren't going to be enough episodes!
This thing was written by Frost and Lynch as one movie, so I have no doubt it's going exactly where they want it to go at the pace they want it to go.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Thatfabulousalien wrote: Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
Here's a simple solution: not everything will be. Frost and Lynch are such masters of mystery because they have a preference to keep questions unanswered. To keep us yapping on for all eternity about what the hell happened is precisely their goal.

I would not at all be surprised if even Cooper's ultimate fate is left open to interpretation. Perhaps even with a tantalizing and torturous kind of ending like part 29 had.
Last edited by Soolsma on Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."