Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by wAtChLaR »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote: and this won't be popular, but i could really care less if audrey ended up in the recycle bin....sherilyn's behavior over this entire series, plus her constant proselytizing on instagram and twitter is a big fat YAWN...she's not quite in the same basket as Michael J Anderson for me...but CLOSE
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Denise's Pieces
Roadhouse Member

Post by Denise's Pieces »

tresojos wrote:is it wrong i find richard kinda hot
It is if he's your grandson.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Snailhead wrote:
BigEd wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:
i truly don't understand why we have to hide these posts under the spoiler tag
this is what the series is presenting..it is up for discussion in my mind
why the discomfort or aversion from doing just that
It's neither discomfort nor aversion. It's annoyance and distraction. Please take these off-topic posts to a new thread or a forum more suitable for societal discussions. This thread is intended to discuss what actually happened in part 10 of Twin Peaks the Return. Trying to analyze and critique what is wrong with our society really distracts from the discussion.
I firmly disagree. The discussions have always directly related to what we are seeing in the episode. As long as it's connecting to Part 10 and the images/ideas present in it, fair game! There's always stuff I find less interesting, such as analysis of numbers in Lynch's work, but I'm OK with that being important for others to discuss and I will scroll down.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEN

i know i know
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

So... if Richard is Audrey's son, wouldn't everyone just assume that the father is John Justice Wheeler? No one would ever suspect Dale Cooper of sexually assaulting Audrey while she was unconscious, impregnating her.

I can't quite see Mr. C admitting to all of his crimes over the past 25 years. Perhaps at some point the real Dale Cooper will somehow become conscious of all that Mr. C has done?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BigEd wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:
It's neither discomfort nor aversion. It's annoyance and distraction. Please take these off-topic posts to a new thread or a forum more suitable for societal discussions. This thread is intended to discuss what actually happened in part 10 of Twin Peaks the Return. Trying to analyze and critique what is wrong with our society really distracts from the discussion.
Let the mods determine where posts go.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
sewhite2000
RR Diner Member

Post by sewhite2000 »

Snailhead wrote:
BigEd wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:

Did anyone else think Rebekah Del Rio was Sherilyn Fenn the first time round? I did for about 5 seconds.
Yes! I absolutely did! I actually paused the action, which I think is the only time I've done that this entire series! I finally decided it wasn't Sherilynn/Audrey. I thought that would have been an amazing way to reintroduce her. I didn't recognize her as the Mulholland Dr. singer until I got on here. Is she ... a little larger now than she was back then?
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

madeleineferguson wrote:So... if Richard is Audrey's son, wouldn't everyone just assume that the father is John Justice Wheeler? No one would ever suspect Dale Cooper of sexually assaulting Audrey while she was unconscious, impregnating her.

I can't quite see Mr. C admitting to all of his crimes over the past 25 years. Perhaps at some point the real Dale Cooper will somehow become conscious of all that Mr. C has done?
in Lynch's world yes we would
evil cooper would drop his seed

i know i know
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Jerry Horne wrote:
BigEd wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:
My 2c. I just want to discuss the events that happen in the movie. I see this thread as an analysis of what happens in Twin Peaks's world, not a deep analysis of the deep metaphors and meanings of each episode as intended by the authors's reflection of the world of pain and suffering we live in.
I can understand a sentence or two, but this is going too far here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
BigEd wrote:
My 2c. I just want to discuss the events that happen in the movie. I see this thread as an analysis of what happens in Twin Peaks's world, not a deep analysis of the deep metaphors and meanings of each episode as intended by the authors's reflection of the world of pain and suffering we live in.

this sounds like artistic censorship

i'm amazed at what is happening in this thread

i know i know
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Let's get back to discussing Twin Peaks Part 10.

Yes, David Lynch's yellow teeth are disturbing.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Elric99
Roadhouse Member

Post by Elric99 »

yaxomoxay wrote:Do you guys think that it was Laura moving outside the door that caused this "glitch"? You can see it moving from the door, past Tammy (not in the gif which focuses only on the door):

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btRSDS ... /giphy.gif
That's really cool, thanks for pointing it out. Definitely confirmed that the similar glitch when Phyliss Hastings was killed was not some editing accident, but a deliberate CGI effect. I'm trying to remember, have we seen this effect used anywhere else in The Return so far?

BTW, for anyone wanting to see it in the episode, the time code is around 42:31.
yaxomoxay
Great Northern Member

Post by yaxomoxay »

Elric99 wrote:
yaxomoxay wrote:Do you guys think that it was Laura moving outside the door that caused this "glitch"? You can see it moving from the door, past Tammy (not in the gif which focuses only on the door):

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7btRSDS ... /giphy.gif
That's really cool, thanks for pointing it out. Definitely confirmed that the similar glitch when Phyliss Hastings was killed was not some editing accident, but a deliberate CGI effect. I'm trying to remember, have we seen this effect used anywhere else in The Return so far?

BTW, for anyone wanting to see it in the episode, the time code is around 42:31.
Very curious myself to know where else it was used.
I'd like to point out that some visual cues happen when Albert and Gordon meet and talk with the hearing aid at full power as if that increases their senses (blue light, this strange "glitch").

Also, Gordon says that he "felt it" when Diane hugged him. What did he feel? I think Diane is not Diane.

N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Candie is a delight. I could watch her forever.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

enaiD = SOUL
BigEd
RR Diner Member

Post by BigEd »

yaxomoxay wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Let's get back to discussing Twin Peaks Part 10.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MEN :lol: