Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by Wally Brando »

docLEXfisti wrote:Could you please (and some others) ease up on the double, triple and quadruple posts? You can quote more than once in a post you know.

I find it very distracting. If it's okay on this board though, then please forgive me :D
Personally, it's quoting massive teams of text, just to comment on one sentence that gets me. Especially when it's the very next post.

No offence intended to anyone that does it, but it's a lot easier to read if people cut the quotes down in size.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Methedrome wrote:And speaking of misdirection, I'll wage even more dollars to donuts that Richard is not Audrey's son.
Then whose child is he?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
I'm the Muffin
Roadhouse Member

Post by I'm the Muffin »

Not sure if anyone's said this already, but Major Brigg's body being discovered in his 40s made me think--what if the Jeffries we eventually see isn't the age he would naturally be now, but much older, after having spent years in the lodges and emerging back into our world in his past. He could be played by a very old actor, and this would be a way to get around Bowie, assuming that he filmed no footage.

Of course, Jeffries might simply be a black box with lights on it now!
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wally Brando »

mtwentz wrote:
Methedrome wrote:And speaking of misdirection, I'll wage even more dollars to donuts that Richard is not Audrey's son.
Then whose child is he?
That would leave Johnny or Donna I guess, unless there are more of Ben's illegitimate progeny to be revealed.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

I'm the Muffin wrote:Not sure if anyone's said this already, but Major Brigg's body being discovered in his 40s made me think--what if the Jeffries we eventually see isn't the age he would naturally be now, but much older, after having spent years in the lodges and emerging back into our world in his past. He could be played by a very old actor, and this would be a way to get around Bowie, assuming that he filmed no footage.

Of course, Jeffries might simply be a black box with lights on it now!
I'm thinking Jeffries might be played by a monkey. No joke.
I'm the Muffin
Roadhouse Member

Post by I'm the Muffin »

h2nho wrote: I'm thinking Jeffries might be played by a monkey. No joke.
Yes, I can see that! The Judy connection and such.

On another note, I'd really like it if the way James Hurley (and Big Ed) come back into the show is as Bookhouse Boys. I always enjoyed the Bookhouse Boys idea, which was mostly touched upon in the first season as I recall, which I think gives hope for it being resurrected in this season. I believe James Marshall said his role was smallish but significant, and this could be a way for that to play out.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If the next episode is being shown at Comic Con, is it likely there will be leaked footage or spoilers?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Wally Brando
Roadhouse Member

Post by Wally Brando »

Spoilers seem inevitable.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

EwanM wrote:[This] is Lynch's method in microcosm - the mundane rendered mysterious via the filter of abstraction.
i love this quote. Spot on!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

LurkerAtTheThreshold wrote:What do you guys make of the apparent hidden link from the Hastings blog;

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... h=8fa1d97a

There is a screenshot of a secret message which reads 'HELLO ANONYMOUS. TO GET TO LEVEL THREE YOU MUST FIND THE BOOK OF THE KEY AND THE LOCK'

The user said that it was accessed by refreshing the browser 119 times but no one has thus far been able to replicate it.

Just a hoax? It is this legit?
Looks like Bull**** at this point.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Nighthawk
RR Diner Member

Post by Nighthawk »

I started watching season one from the beginning and I am more and more appreciative of Lynch's creative genius. He may have spent a lot of time flying by the seat of his pants with Twin Peaks, but he gives himself so many opportunities to tie it all together that it beggars belief.

Here's what James says about Laura in the Pilot episode:
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Nighthawk wrote:I started watching season one from the beginning and I am more and more appreciative of Lynch's creative genius. He may have spent a lot of time flying by the seat of his pants with Twin Peaks, but he gives himself so many opportunities to tie it all together that it beggars belief.

Here's what James says about Laura in the Pilot episode:
also in the Log Lady intro to the very first episode (Pilot) she says the same thing.. "Laura is the One"
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Nighthawk wrote: Here's what James says about Laura in the Pilot episode... (photo, see above)
James has always been cool.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Re: Philip Jeffries being aged and played by a different actor

It would also make sense within Twin Peaks internal logic to have Philip Jeffries just be played by a little monkey, like the one that uttered "Judy" in his voice at the end of FWWM. If The Arm can evolve, then maybe Jeffries can devolve.

EDIT: Also this might be far fetched, but they could put the jumping man's mask on some other actor wearing Jeffries' white suit, and string together his dialogue based on random words and phrases spoken by Bowie during his recording and acting career. Lynch could even put a backwards/forwards Lodge effect on it for added effect.
Mairzy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mairzy »

I may have missed this discussed on the forum, but what about part 11 being shown early at SDCC? Will the part 11 thread be opened before Sunday?