Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: know people were theorizing way back when that the guy in the photo with Mr. C is Charlie. I think this guy looks taller and thinner than Charlie, and it’s just a random scientist. Do people still think it might be Charlie though? It would certainly be an interesting thing to think about, if it were him.
That was definitely just an extra. Not Charlie.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

BTW, note that Gordon is in Room 1123 at the Mayfair. This adds up to a 7, Lynch’s favorite number.
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

I originally missed Dr. Amp's mention of red balloons "we are going to die in the streets and be bloated like red balloons", but I did speculate some time afterwards in the disappointed thread that these red balloons in some scenes alluded in a meta way to those scenes being inflated, that they could perhaps be cut, trimmed, of deflated, and this may confirm it in my eyes.

At this point it becomes clear that the clumsy way of Mr. C demanding Dougie's execution may have to do with Mr. C's unwillingness and likely fear of confronting Cooper directly, despite the menacing presence that Mr. C is, he likely has a weak point that Cooper could exploit, and Mr. C is probably aware of it.

Finally, the song. It is simply laying out the groundwork for part 17 and what is going to happen. "My dream is to go to place, where it all began, on a starry night", and this is what Cooper did, the night when Laura died. "Hold me, don't be afraid", "Under the starry night, long ago, but now it is a dream".