Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

pvilmur
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by pvilmur »

HaroldSmith wrote:That Rebekah Del Rio song was incredible.
I've been waiting about 13 years for this song by Rebekah (written by Lynch) to be put to good use. Rebekah actually sang this at the Twin Peaks Festival back in 2004 or thereabouts. I recorded it at the time and thought it was an absolutely perfect fit for the world of Twin Peaks.
Buenos Aires

Post by Buenos Aires »

Esselgee wrote:Well, we got the promised coffee cup flying through a window scene.

Cole having visions of Laura from FWWM? That seems rather random. Can anyone identify what scene that footage came from?
The scene in FWWM is when she knocks at Donna's door to aske her if she is her best friend.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

JohnPalSki wrote: Forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but that drawing Gordon was doing on the coffee table, with the moose/antlered animal... it looks like a painting in the Palmer living room! I think it's shown in multiple episodes but I want to say it was shown prominently in the scene with the Louis Armstrong song playing
I'll need to rewatch and have a good look at it, but it reminded me of the little I know about an old, old Lynch screenplay called "Gardenback", I think.
C-Lee

Post by C-Lee »

Mainly a lurker here but I'm surprised at the love this episode is getting so far.

10 minutes shorter than usual and was overall underwhelming for me. The episode title had me too hyped up I guess.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:Albert's not evil. He's enjoying a date with one of our favorite characters.

Anyway, Tammy found some of the stuff on Diane, right?

Diane is bad somehow, or even a dopple-Diane. Or maybe she has her own agenda, wanting revenge on Bad Coop, and trying to earn his trust.

Ben Horne needs to order a hit on his own grandson.

So it looks like somehow Audrey produced that monster. :(

Agree about Albert. Hes clean. Since we now know its Audreys child, who is the father?
Maybe John Justice Wheeler? Perhaps he died and couldn't help Audrey raise Richard? Audrey may have been depressed and this somehow affected him? I don't know. The other option seems too horrible to contemplate.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

First impression: F****n' brilliant.

Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

C-Lee wrote:Mainly a lurker here but I'm surprised at the love this episode is getting so far.

10 minutes shorter than usual and was overall underwhelming for me. The episode title had me too hyped up I guess.
yeah, was surprised at how short it was. thought the las vegas scenes dragged out a bit with the candy nonsense. the twin peaks/buckhorn stuff were great tho.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

C-Lee wrote:Mainly a lurker here but I'm surprised at the love this episode is getting so far.

Agree. I found a lot of it unnecessarily slow. Was there even any bad Coop tonight?
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
wxray wrote:OK, we know Richard is not a cousin, or nephew. He is either Johnny or Audrey's son.

Someone up above was sure it was Audrey. Why? It could still be Johnny. I think the fact that Richard called Johnny a piece of shit or whatever means nothing, considering he called his grandmother the c-word. The guy is pure evil and doesn't give a crap about anything.

I still think his parentage is up for grabs.
In what possible scenario could Johnny Horne father a child?
25 years passed. Think 20 year ago... Perhaps Johnny got some help, or some medicine and he became a bit higher functioning and had a little fling. Look, it happens.

The child eventually ends up in the care of the well off grandparents. Grandparents raising grandchildren is way on the rise right now.

Of course, it very well probably is Audrey's child.
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

It's also possible Richard is Donna's daughter, and that could explain why he's a black sheep even in the Horne family.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Cstar84
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cstar84 »

The Brown Lodge wrote:

Agree. I found a lot of it unnecessarily slow. Was there even any bad Coop tonight?
We briefly saw BadCoop in the glass box in the photo Tammy showed Cole and Albert.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

The Gazebo wrote:First impression: F****n' brilliant.

Afterthought: How the hell is this going to be satisfyingly wrapped up in only eight more episodes?
i have the same fear i'm having during lost's last season. alot of stuff going on...and coop is still dougie. until he returns back to dale cooper, we are still building to a climax.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Seriously there's debate if Richard is Audrey's son, after that reveal?

I think it has to be at least 95% clear now that Mr. C has a horrible little monster.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

garethw wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote: Forgive me if someone already mentioned this, but that drawing Gordon was doing on the coffee table, with the moose/antlered animal... it looks like a painting in the Palmer living room! I think it's shown in multiple episodes but I want to say it was shown prominently in the scene with the Louis Armstrong song playing
I'll need to rewatch and have a good look at it, but it reminded me of the little I know about an old, old Lynch screenplay called "Gardenback", I think.
Care to elaborate?

Also, does anyone know what the suspenseful music from the original series is called?
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:It's also possible Richard is Donna's daughter, and that could explain why he's a black sheep even in the Horne family.
but then sylvia wouldn't be grandma. it would be donna's mom.