Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wxray
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 10 - Laura is the one (SPOILERS)

Post by wxray »

JohnPalSki wrote:Someone mentioned something about the Black Lodge and Mexico. I am racking my brain to know what you're talking about.

Anyone else know? I have no memory of that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tammy, Albert and Gordon were talking about cell pings, and included verbiage about pings from Philly and Mexico. It was too fast. I'm going to have to rewatch it.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

One point that's confusing for me on the whole Diane's dirty situation: If Diane was in league with DoppleCoop, why would she tell Gordon that something was wrong with him? Why would she seemingly help the FBI by confirming Gordon's suspicions?
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

garethw wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
garethw wrote: I'll need to rewatch and have a good look at it, but it reminded me of the little I know about an old, old Lynch screenplay called "Gardenback", I think.
Care to elaborate?
Not much to say, really, and I could well be wrong -- on first viewing, the picture looked like an animal with trees growing out of its back, not antlers (which is why I'm probably going to look like and idiot when someone posts a cap...)

"Gardenback" goes back to around Eraserhead days, I think, and it was about this world on the back of some sort of beast. It is mentioned a few times in the Lynch biography, "Beautiful Dark".
I literally know nothing of Gardenback except for the AFI script and plans to do that before Eraserhead. I've never known details. That's why I asked. Thanks for clarifying, even if it's really just pointing out (what I should have recognized as obvious) that its a creature with a "garden back"
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

djsunyc wrote:anyone else almost think candy was a spirit or ghost until she actually slapped one of the mitchums?
Yyyyyup.

And I thought it was pretty funny, given how freaking hard she smacked him. It was no slap-stick hit.

The ensuing weeping and wallowing was rather less amusing.

I like the way the actor plays Anthony. Really top-notch work.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

mtwentz wrote:So DoppelCiop is the anonymous billionaire?
yes. some answers tonight, if not explicit, heavily hinted at:

1. diane is dirty
2. dopplecoop is behind the nyc glass box
3. oneeyedcoop's still functioning
4. richard is audrey's son
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

A bit disappointed in some of the characters tonight:
  • Diane for being duplicitous. I guess we don't know anything about her background, but what would be her motivation for working with DoppelCooper? The interrogation room scene was one of the most effectively disturbing of the new series - are we now supposed to assume that it was an act? Or did he somehow hypnotize her with that text message being the activation phrase?
  • Janey for getting sidetracked from Dougie's obviously barely-there behavior after seeing him with his shirt off, and this when she presumably knows that he's recently been cheating on her.
  • Carl Rodd for not doing anything when he hears Becky fighting with her husband.
  • Ben for going back to his philandering ways after an argument with Sylvia (he does know that Beverly is married, after all).
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:
Audrey Horne wrote:Seriously there's debate if Richard is Audrey's son, after that reveal?

I think it has to be at least 95% clear now that Mr. C has a horrible little monster.

You think Richard Horne is the child of Audrey and bad Coop?
That seems to be what the show itself is implying. You really think there going to reintroduce Billy Zane?
That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

wxray wrote:
JohnPalSki wrote:Someone mentioned something about the Black Lodge and Mexico. I am racking my brain to know what you're talking about.

Tammy, Albert and Gordon were talking about cell pings, and included verbiage about pings from Philly and Mexico. It was too fast. I'm going to have to rewatch it.
The cell phone that sent Diane the message about the conversation being lively pinged on a cell tower from Mexico. We saw DoppleCoop send that message. Therefore, Coop might be in Mexico at the Farm with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth...?
HaroldSmith

Post by HaroldSmith »

garethw wrote:
Cstar84 wrote:
HaroldSmith wrote:That Rebekah Del Rio song was incredible.
Just incredible. Her performance gave me chills.
So great. I've been mildly positive on most of the roadhouse music scenes, but this is one of the few, to my mind, that matches the beauty and power of Julee Cruise in the original run and FWWM.

I also love that it binds together Twin Peaks and Mulholland Dr just a little more tightly.
So far this and the performance of Shadow from the second part are the only Bang Bang Bar songs that grabbed me like the Julee Cruise performances in the original series. I hope there are more songs that will add to the Twin Peaks musical legacy before the season is over.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Actually, it will be revealed that Ben & Sylvia had another child that was just never mentioned on the original show. Just like how we didn't know Donna had a second sister until the second season. Audrey & Johnny obviously had an older sibling that probably already lived on their own which is why we never saw them on the original show. That person will obviously be the parent (probably father) of Richard Horne. This is all my speculation of course.
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

garethw wrote:
djsunyc wrote:anyone else almost think candy was a spirit or ghost until she actually slapped one of the mitchums?
Yyyyyup.

And I thought it was pretty funny, given how freaking hard she smacked him. It was no slap-stick hit.

The ensuing weeping and wallowing was rather less amusing.

I like the way the actor plays Anthony. Really top-notch work.
As soon as she got near Robert Knepper with that remote, I knew she'd hit him and that's what the scene was leading up to. It delivered for me. Amy Shiels is clearly digging in as much as she can.

The best thing for me with Tom Sizemore is when he kept trying to say louder and louder that Dougie was an enemy to the Mitchums, like that would somehow magically convince them. Perfect character choice!
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:A bit disappointed in some of the characters tonight:
  • Diane for being duplicitous. I guess we don't know anything about her background, but what would be her motivation for working with DoppelCooper? The interrogation room scene was one of the most effectively disturbing of the new series - are we now supposed to assume that it was an act? Or did he somehow hypnotize her with that text message being the activation phrase?
  • Janey for getting sidetracked from Dougie's obviously barely-there behavior after seeing him with his shirt off, and this when she presumably knows that he's recently been cheating on her.
  • Carl Rodd for not doing anything when he hears Becky fighting with her husband.
  • Ben for going back to his philandering ways after an argument with Sylvia (he does know that Beverly is married, after all).
All of these examples seem like normal human behavior to me.
djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Post by djsunyc »

janey met one eyed coop's tonight.
The Brown Lodge
RR Diner Member

Post by The Brown Lodge »

h2nho wrote:
wxray wrote:

The cell phone that sent Diane the message about the conversation being lively pinged on a cell tower from Mexico. We saw DoppleCoop send that message. Therefore, Coop might be in Mexico at the Farm with Jennifer Jason Leigh and Tim Roth...?

That was my understanding when I heard Mexico mentioned. However, bad Coop must have walked a long way on foot if that is true.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

The Brown Lodge wrote:
trismegistus wrote:
The Brown Lodge wrote:

You think Richard Horne is the child of Audrey and bad Coop?
That seems to be what the show itself is implying. You really think there going to reintroduce Billy Zane?
That whole theory relies upon there having been a rape in the hospital. Its more than a bit of a reach, surely?

I imagine most probably that Richard Horne's father is someone Audrey had liaisons with post season 2.
I don't know why a rape in a hospital would be a reach, although usually it would be a caregiver and not another patient that would be the rapist.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly