Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by psyifinotic »

crash_and_burn wrote:
psyifinotic wrote:this is on pace to be a masterpiece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I completely agree, and this part got my pops hooked, he said he'll be over next week for sure and wants to catch up on 1-10 inbetween.

When all is said and done, this will be legendary!
i watch with my mom and she loves it!

trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

h2nho wrote:
Hester Prynne wrote:I loved how Bobby and that demented little kid who shot the gun kept eyeballing each other.
I thought that boy was trying to tell Bobby something. Are the parents being honest about how the gun went off? Or is there something else abuse-related to add to the story?
I think the scene is just there to mirror Shelley, Bobby, and Becky. The kid is standing just like his father and so I think it's Bobby having to face the reflection of history repeating itself through the family tree.
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

just thinking about somehow the experiment will see someone in this show we love. its a damn good time to be alive!

Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

asmahan wrote:Are Bobby and Shelly separated/divorced now?
Loved Norma silently coaching Becky. The traffic scene afterwards was VERY reminiscent of MIKE's rant in FWWM!
Yes! Don't know how I missed the FWWM connection there with all the horns honking. That was such a messed up scene! I need to go back and rewatch. - It's like a message to Bobby that things are off kilter.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

Norma sure has a lot of paperwork this season. Too bad she doesn't have Hank around any more to help her run the business, or give her something resembling a storyline.

I guess Big Ed's Gas Farm isn't too far from the Double R. Well, at least Big Ed got a shout out tonight.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Carl's awesome. Love him getting on his CB and addressing the dispatcher by name.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Oh my god. Probably my single favourite episode, even more than 7 & 8.

The blurry Gordon Cole shot from the original trailer? Awesome! That whole scene at the Buckhorn coordinates was just so intense. The Woodsmen are officially reaching Bob-levels of creepiness.

Here’s the big question surfacing for me. What exactly DO Albert & Cole know about the Blue Rose cases? What forces and beings do they know about? Just before they go through the fence, Cole says “You think there’s one in there?”. To which Albert knowingly says, “Guess we’ll soon find out”.

So clearly they have an idea what’s going on here. When Cole starts to phase out, Albert nonchalantly pulls him back, also seemingly knowingly exactly when to do that, and presumably what would have happened if he didn’t.

So if they DO know about all of this, the next question is: WHEN did they come to learn all this stuff? Gordon Cole of course has been connected to Blue Rose cases since the early days. But when he sends Cooper to Twin Peaks for the Laura Palmer case, was it on the table that this was a Blue Rose case? Did Cole at that time expect that this case involved all these alternate forces?

And then what about Albert? Clearly a skeptic who didn’t have a sense of any of this in the Palmer case, did he get brought up to speed later? Did he eventually come to take this stuff seriously?

The Shelly & Bobby scenes and story development were fantastic too. And so were the Mitchum bros. Great episode.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

100% Alicia Witt.
Attachments
DFdz8zsXgAE5AHU.jpg
DFdz8zsXgAE5AHU.jpg (164.28 KiB) Viewed 9533 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
RainingPostToasties
Roadhouse Member

Post by RainingPostToasties »

I remember hearing about Shelly on a car and a group of kids finding a body, during filming. Neat to see how these scenes integrate into the finished product, like the coffee mug through the window last week. Also, the trembling shot of Gordon as he stared into the portal was previewed to us, I believe, in the Michael Horse "moving painting" teaser from long back.

Things I enjoyed this week: Miriam's harrowing survival, Becky's rage, Diane trying to memorize the coordinates and Albert's reaction, Bradley Mitchum's softy side in sparing Dougie, the RR in disarray, the Log Lady's titular warning about fire, and Hawk's aversion to discussing the Mother's insignia.
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

Also: we've now definitely seen the mysterious staircase from one of the trailers as well.

And the Mitchum bros. scene is one I recall being reported on by people who saw filming. I remember people reporting a scene where Cooper hands Belushi something and he starts howling like a wolf. And there it is.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Wallpaper looks familiar :)
Attachments
DFd1sXJXcAAkaJO.jpg
DFd1sXJXcAAkaJO.jpg (79.33 KiB) Viewed 9514 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

thedarktrees wrote:Also: we've now definitely seen the mysterious staircase from one of the trailers as well.

And the Mitchum bros. scene is one I recall being reported on by people who saw filming. I remember people reporting a scene where Cooper hands Belushi something and he starts howling like a wolf. And there it is.
There were actually photos of it loaded on the old spoiler thread.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:Wallpaper looks familiar :)
HOLY JUMPING GEORGE!

That's great. So, so, so much I'd never have spotted on my own. Sweet cap, Jerry.
Rami Airola
RR Diner Member

Post by Rami Airola »

This might've been the best episode so far.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Jerry Horne wrote:100% Alicia Witt.
Is that a .....blue key?