Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Everybody loves Steven.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:Everybody loves Steven.
Never even put 2+2 together with the red sports car, which was what Shelly told Norma she loved about Leo...
Harry Yallrite
Roadhouse Member

Post by Harry Yallrite »

Some thoughts:

- So that body of Ruth Davenport wasn't exactly well hidden, was it? Seems like someone would have noticed it at some point before Cole & Albert showed up...

- The whole thing with Shelly jumping up from the booth when Red showed up: I was a little taken aback by her complete 180-degree, split-second shift from upset, distraught mom to giddy schoolgirl. Something was very "un-Shelly" like about that whole sequence.

- Cole (to me, anyway) is following Cooper's path from S2: seeing visions and approaching it all with a very child-like curiosity. He's going to get sucked into this other dimension without fully realizing how unprepared he is.

- I know some some different theories have floated about why Dougie was so enchanted by the piano player's song - my first thought upon hearing the music was "Sycamore Trees" from S2 E22. Slower pace & different arrangement, but the chord structure and feeling was definitely there for me. Would make sense since it was Coop's introduction to the Red Room & all signs are pointing to the next moment for entrance being right upon them.
"...I'm not above feeling a little sympathy for the stalwart and the dull. ."
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Love to see Gersten Hayward back. Hate that she's turned into some kind of MILFY loser. :(
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Wonderful & Strange
Great Northern Member

Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Shelly hasn't really changed much. Not like Bobby.

She's always been focused on having a hot man in her life. That comes before everything, including Becky, and now we know why Becky is as she is too.

Parents pass off their worst characteristics in their kids.
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I always knew Harriet was the best Hayward!

And I hope all of Norma's scenes always have her doing new paperwork.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Endangered_Wulf
Roadhouse Member

Post by Endangered_Wulf »

Jerry Horne wrote:Wallpaper looks familiar :)
Is that flowery pattern in the background the same pattern on Annie Blackburn's dress ?
"Fire is the devil, hiding like a coward in the smoke" -Margaret Lanterman The Log Lady
BEARisonFord
RR Diner Member

Post by BEARisonFord »

Loved this episode. Loved seeing Bobby and Shelly together again. Loved the kid puking in the car. All of the Twin Peaks stuff was great. Having so much on location filming gives it a totally different vibe than the original series, which never actually felt like the northwest to me.

It was crazy to finally see all these scenes we saw photos and descriptions from a YEAR ago finally on screen (Shelly on the car, Dougie in the desert, etc etc). I really miss that spoiler thread, I hope it's just hidden and not deleted.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

BEARisonFord wrote:Loved this episode. Loved seeing Bobby and Shelly together again. Loved the kid puking in the car. All of the Twin Peaks stuff was great. Having so much on location filming gives it a totally different vibe than the original series, which never actually felt like the northwest to me.

It was crazy to finally see all these scenes we saw photos and descriptions from a YEAR ago finally on screen (Shelly on the car, Dougie in the desert, etc etc). I really miss that spoiler thread, I hope it's just hidden and not deleted.
I'd have liked to peruse that Spoiler Thread too, some day. I diligently avoided any spoilers - even official casting - and I'm glad I did. Seeing Shelly riding the hood of the car was totally unexpected!
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Jerry Horne wrote:Wallpaper looks familiar :)
Holy moly!
thedarktrees
Roadhouse Member

Post by thedarktrees »

What about the coordinates on Ruth's arm? In the meeting scene in the Buckhorn dept, Albert was just about to say the coordinates pointed to a "small town in the north --" before he gets cut off. So: Twin Peaks? Or is that maybe a misdirection? If these sough-after coordinates are really just somewhere around Twin Peaks, how wouldn't DoppelCoop have somehow known that already?

Also, Diane clearly trying to eye the coordinates and memorize might further the argument she's working for/with DoppelCoop. Unless: she wants the coordinates to get a jump on whatever he's up to....? The Albert-Diane tension was soooo interesting too.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

Wow. Fantastic episode. The vibe in the Buckhorn coffee and donuts scene was beautiful, as was that little blast of Night of the Living Dead. I thought Coop was snapping out of it for a minute there... what are the odds that Albert doctored the coordinates on the photo he let Diane see?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Why such a big box for that pie?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

TwinsPeak wrote:Albert didnt seem to hide the code from Diane.
The weird comments between Albert and Gordon about the cat and the cream made me think that perhaps they were purposefully showing some false info for Diane to see and report. After their conversation in Gordon's hotel room in Part 10 regarding Diane's covert communications, they wouldn't have carelessly put the evidence in front of her like that. Maybe Albert had some of the numbers doctored, or maybe those really are the correct coordinates. Either way, we can be sure that they'll be monitoring Diane's communications in order to see what she does with what she's seen.
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

The Gazebo wrote: So the academically gifted piano wizard has ended up as the mistress of young druggies from trailer parks. Leads me to believe that the Hayward family hasn't had the best of times since the season 2 finale.
I imagine that shortly after episode 29, Donna ran away and cut ties with her parents, and Doc lost his license to practice medicine after splitting Ben Horne's head open. But even if that didn't happen, it's not so wild to suggest that a once bright wunderkid got burnt out and unmotivated.

It seems like the whole town of Twin Peaks now is just a giant trailer park. The aftermath of the mill burning and shutting down, I suppose.