Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by Jerry Horne »

Anyone know who played the piano player? Looked familiar?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Audrey Horne wrote:I totally forgot that America's favorite cruise director was going to be in this!
I didn't even realize it in the first place. I guess I hadn't scrutinized the cast list that much before I bailed to avoid spoilers.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Jerry Horne wrote:
garethw wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Thx to ScottyP.
Who dat?
Friend on Twitter. Film director and TP fan. https://twitter.com/ScottyTheP
Heh... i meant who the actress was :) Never watched The Love Boat!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

So, Becky has a gun eh?

Anybody seen Leo recently?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Firewalkwithme91
Roadhouse Member

Post by Firewalkwithme91 »

So seeing how Dougie has already changed the life of a couple of people in a positive way what will happen if he shows up in Twin Peaks? There´s a lot of violence and ugly behaviour going on arround here and especially the younger generation seems to be completely screwed up. How will Cooper - as soon as he´s back - fit into this?
Last edited by Firewalkwithme91 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:The pianist was playing a rendition of this New Order track at the beginning of the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCzJRXvpCg

What do I get out of this?
I always try, I always miss
One of these days you'll go back to your home
You won't even notice that you are alone
Damn, that was what it reminded me of! It was driving me nuts.

Trust the guy called Spooky to spot it... ;)
Jadegive2rides

Post by Jadegive2rides »

I was REALLY REALLY REALLY excited at the end with the piano, music, red leather, pie, and the coffee. I thought Coop would return for sure!!! Alas, I wait another week. Soooooo impatiently. I was legit, buzzing with excitement at the Mitchum Brother desert show-down. I thought Dougie would get murdered/hurt then and there, but it all turned out for the best! This week had me on the edge of my seat, for real!! I loved every second of it. Except for the Woodsmen. Damn, nothing has been able to give me the creepy crawlies since Bob in the original. These guys make my skin crawl.

"It all comes out now, flowing like a river."
Last edited by Jadegive2rides on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call for help
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Wouldn't it be interesting if by chance the first draft of the script had Steven's mistress as Donna Hayward, but when Lara Flynn Boyle declined, they rewrote it for Gersten instead? Love seeing Alicia Witt back, although it's tragic seeing her this way and I have a bad feeling about what's coming next for her and Becky and Steven...
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

garethw wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:The pianist was playing a rendition of this New Order track at the beginning of the scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZCzJRXvpCg

What do I get out of this?
I always try, I always miss
One of these days you'll go back to your home
You won't even notice that you are alone
Damn, that was what it reminded me of! It was driving me nuts.

Trust the guy called Spooky to spot it... ;)
YES...thank you! I couldn't quite place it either. Great song.
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

firefly2193 wrote: A very mixed episode for me ... also some plot developments that left me pretty exasperated. .. how the plot is being written - sometimes it just feels like its a silly, whimsical fairy tale explanation for the world, rather than the dark and personal tale of TP and FWWM that used spirtual and otherworldly elements as muc[h] as metaphors for the struggles of the protagonists and antagonists as anything else...The development of the Michum brothers story line just left me feeling like - what was the point of all this?
Aha, how often have I asked myself that: What is the point of all this?? ; ) For example the child in the car with the lady laying on the horn. I get exasperated as well. I found this episode the least engaging so far, but could be I just wasn't in the right mindset. I always find I react somewhat differently when I rewatch.
I had no idea Gersten would be making an appearance in S3 so seeing Alicia Witt's name as the credits rolled while the piano playing continued was cool, since her one appearance on the show in its first run was playing the Hayward family piano.
The appearance of the woodsmen seemed clownish and Ruth's corpse looked fake, like a mannequin. I don't get if there's supposed to be meaning behind this and "Major Briggs' corpse" seeming bloated -- when Josie died so freakishly in S2 it was noted the body was abnormally underweight, and I have wanted to see if some explanation for or recurrence of that would ever be revisited in TPS3.
But I'm glad someone screencap'd the woodsmen on the stairwell, I wouldnt have known that was the wallpaper from Laura's picture if it weren't for posting and noting that here ~
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jadegive2rides wrote:I was REALLY REALLY REALLY excited at the end with the piano, music, red leather, pie, and the coffee. I thought Coop would return for sure!!!
Really? I think it's quite clear that it's going to have to be something very significant. Maybe Gordon and co. can do it if/when they find out about the DNA results from "Dougie Jones", but it might even need to be something bigger than that.
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

Has anybody bothered to look up the coordinate's on Ruth Davenport's arm?

The numbers are: 4855142117(2?)63456 but it looks to me like the first two (48) are photoshopped in. Albert testing Diane? Wish I could post a screen grab but the Showtime app has a block from doing so on my phone
Last edited by trismegistus on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAmHappeningAgain
Roadhouse Member

Post by IAmHappeningAgain »

What did DougieCoop say at the very end of the episode? I watched it back three times, but couldn't make it out. Thanks!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

IAmHappeningAgain wrote:What did DougieCoop say at the very end of the episode? I watched it back three times, but couldn't make it out. Thanks!
I don't remember the last thing he said. He was mumbling (eating pie) when he said "friends", so that might be it.
kylie

Post by kylie »

Jasper wrote:
IAmHappeningAgain wrote:What did DougieCoop say at the very end of the episode? I watched it back three times, but couldn't make it out. Thanks!
I don't remember the last thing he said. He was mumbling (eating pie) when he said "friends", so that might be it.
Yes, it was him saying back "friends" after one of the brothers said it. That's what I heard, anyway!