Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by zeronumber »

4 8 15 16 23 42.....

The numbers are bad!

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Post by h2nho »

While we're talking about Anthony, let's just appreciate how nice it is to see Tom Sizemore branch out from a typical villain role to something that's become more funny than threatening. Anthony's pouting outside of Mullins' office in this episode was hilarious and made him look like an upset or angry dog - I loved it! That just shows you the difference between TP: TR and the procedurals that it loves to subvert.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

bosguy1981 wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if by chance the first draft of the script had Steven's mistress as Donna Hayward, but when Lara Flynn Boyle declined, they rewrote it for Gersten instead? Love seeing Alicia Witt back, although it's tragic seeing her this way and I have a bad feeling about what's coming next for her and Becky and Steven...
I bet that's *exactly* what happened. Didn't someone originally post someone who had helped LFB move and she said, "I'm not letting Donna go out like that." Can anyone dig up that post or drop? Nothing against Alicia but barely anyone is going to know she's a returning cast member. Imagine the epic reveal of Donna with Shelly's daughter's husband after that awesome camerawork down the hallway? It definitely feels like Donna was originally scripted here.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:Wouldn't it be interesting if by chance the first draft of the script had Steven's mistress as Donna Hayward, but when Lara Flynn Boyle declined, they rewrote it for Gersten instead? Love seeing Alicia Witt back, although it's tragic seeing her this way and I have a bad feeling about what's coming next for her and Becky and Steven...
I bet that's *exactly* what happened. Didn't someone originally post someone who had helped LFB move and she said, "I'm not letting Donna go out like that." Can anyone dig up that post or drop? Nothing against Alicia but barely anyone is going to know she's a returning cast member. Imagine the epic reveal of Donna with Shelly's daughter's husband after that awesome camerawork down the hallway? It definitely feels like Donna was originally scripted here.
Have to say - I think LFB was right then if that's the case. Glad they didn't substitute Audrey for Alicia! (Though if she was raped in a coma by Bad Coop, then that's really shitty.)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Skip Bittman
Roadhouse Member

Post by Skip Bittman »

That would've been a terrible idea. The reveal would've provoked laughter. There's no way.
Twink Peaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Twink Peaks »

KHAN Games

Post by KHAN Games »

zeronumber wrote:4 8 15 16 23 42.....

The numbers are bad!

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
I had to do a doubletake, myself. I thought they were the numbers for a second also. :)
Fire
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fire »

I would love to have a GIF of Candie and the girls just moving, from the shot of them in this episode. Something about it, I can just watch it forever. So hypnotic in a Lynch way.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Didn't occur to me until now but, the montage of the Vegas strip had to have all been stock footage, right? I believe they didn't shoot anywhere outside of CA, WA and France.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

They did shoot in Nevada.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

Ross wrote:Obviously there has been a bit of shuffling of scenes around. We know the Andy/Lucy chair scene a couple of eps back was moved (based on Lucy's clothes). And here she is talking about that scene. Also, Jesse is at the station right after he's at the RR traffic scene.
Absolutely. I think the editors are trying to maximize the screen time in the town of Twin Peaks as much as possible, making sure we see the town and a variety of town characters in every part, so they're moving scenes out of order and using alternate takes of existing scenes (Norma at the desk in part 7, Jacoby's show in part 10) to accomplish this.

Did anyone else notice Becky and Steven were wearing the same clothes in part 10 that they are in part 11? They obviously chopped up this sequence as well. "I know what you did!" was very likely referencing Becky shooting Gersten's door so anyone reading anything else into it might as well give up now. I think moving this depiction of violence to part 10 worked really well immediately after the brutal Richard/Miriam scene.
silvo
Roadhouse Member

Post by silvo »

jakemartinez wrote:A friend of mine thinks Candie is Laura Palmer... acts very clueless like Dougie... hmm...

Maybe like Audrey Horne? because she might be at comma?
That speculation is derived from the 3 queens of season 2 in the beauty contest. It is more things to remind Cooper who he is!
alreadygoneplaces
RR Diner Member

Post by alreadygoneplaces »

vicksvapor77 wrote:
Ross wrote:Obviously there has been a bit of shuffling of scenes around. We know the Andy/Lucy chair scene a couple of eps back was moved (based on Lucy's clothes). And here she is talking about that scene. Also, Jesse is at the station right after he's at the RR traffic scene.
Absolutely. I think the editors are trying to maximize the screen time in the town of Twin Peaks as much as possible, making sure we see the town and a variety of town characters in every part, so they're moving scenes out of order and using alternate takes of existing scenes (Norma at the desk in part 7, Jacoby's show in part 10) to accomplish this.

Did anyone else notice Becky and Steven were wearing the same clothes in part 10 that they are in part 11? They obviously chopped up this sequence as well. "I know what you did!" was very like referencing Becky shooting Gersten's door so anyone reading anything else into it might as well give up now. I think moving this depiction of violence to part 10 worked really well immediately after the brutal Richard/Miriam scene.
All this pointing to characters' outfits to determine the timeline is making me feel like a slob, having never seen a problem with wearing the same clothes for a few consecutive days (unless they smell, or I've sullied them in some way).

If they did shuffle these scenes around, I also think it worked well. The Becky scene this week was a great opening set-piece for the new episode.
vicksvapor77
Great Northern Member

Post by vicksvapor77 »

alreadygoneplaces wrote:All this pointing to characters' outfits to determine the timeline is making me feel like a slob, having never seen a problem with wearing the same clothes for a few consecutive days (unless they smell, or I've sullied them in some way).

If they did shuffle these scenes around, I also think it worked well. The Becky scene this week was a great opening set-piece for the new episode.
Haha, no judgment here! I'm just saying, I know a bit of how TV editing works. Trust me that the scenes were shuffled around and reordered. TV costumers are also never going to dress the actors in the same clothes in two consecutive story/in-show days (unless the story explicitly calls for it) because it helps keep continuity for the production folks and the audience alike.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Jonah wrote:They did shoot in Nevada.
Link? I definitely don't think they shot in Vegas/on the strip, anyway. And there would likely be a Nevada Film Office credit at the end of the episodes.