Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Electric Tree

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by Electric Tree »

Gotta be honest, I found some elements in Episode 11 annoyingly contrived (the Mitchum Brother's dream, Hawk's Magic Organic map)...plus seeing the woodsman out in broad daylight kinda takes away from their menace..oh well, bring on episode 12.
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

At first I thought Diane was a doppleganger, but it doesn't make sense with the way she acted in the jail cell and was like "Who are you?"

My second guess is that Mr. C has power over her and can possess her or control her to do things at his will. He took advantage of her that night and now she can't escape... I am hoping that by the end of this story they save Diane and defeat Mr. C... at whatever it takes!

I love this story so much - this is my favorite movie/TV ever right after Buffy... and that says a lot!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

jakemartinez wrote:At first I thought Diane was a doppleganger, but it doesn't make sense with the way she acted in the jail cell and was like "Who are you?"
Unless they were putting on a show assuming Cole and co. were listening in.

I also think your theory could be correct.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

Jerry Horne wrote:
jakemartinez wrote:At first I thought Diane was a doppleganger, but it doesn't make sense with the way she acted in the jail cell and was like "Who are you?"
Unless they were putting on a show assuming Cole and co. were listening in.

I also think your theory could be correct.
Yeah I thought that too. I hope it's a possession case because I worry the real Diane is dead in the case she's a doppleganger :'(
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

A bit surprised to see people making some kind of connection between the piano notes and Cooper's reaction. I don't think Laura's theme was used diegetically in the original show, was it?
Methedrome
Roadhouse Member

Post by Methedrome »

The Gazebo wrote:A bit surprised to see people making some kind of connection between the piano notes and Cooper's reaction. I don't think Laura's theme was used diegetically in the original show, was it?
There were other examples of crossing that line though. Thinking about Audrey in the diner (Isn't this music, dreamy), or Cooper awakening from his dream with the bedhead and snapping his fingers, for example.
jakemartinez
Roadhouse Member

Post by jakemartinez »

Does anyone think the coordinates on Ruth's arm will take them to the same place where Hawk and Truman are going? Would be so cool if true.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Methedrome wrote:There were other examples of crossing that line though.
Ah, didn't think of those. I only remembered the Cruise pieces from the roadhouse/cabin.
lotjx2
Roadhouse Member

Post by lotjx2 »

jakemartinez wrote:Does anyone think the coordinates on Ruth's arm will take them to the same place where Hawk and Truman are going? Would be so cool if true.
It better. We really need to start getting the heroes in a room together. We still have to deal with the drug problem in Twin Peaks, Evil Cooper and his team, the Woodsman and whatever the Black Lodge has in store for the White Lodge. It would be nice if the heroes could get together to at least attempt to solve one of those problems in the next three episodes instead waiting for the last two.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

The Gazebo wrote:A bit surprised to see people making some kind of connection between the piano notes and Cooper's reaction. I don't think Laura's theme was used diegetically in the original show, was it?

it wasn't, but I was definitely one of those that heard it and thought for a second that Lynch might be going there, and judging by the frisson I was beginning to get, i'd have been fine with it.
MysteryMan14
Roadhouse Member

Post by MysteryMan14 »

I've got a stupid question but who's singing this cover of Viva Las Vegas?
NEL

Post by NEL »

I really loved the episode, and I found the ending to be surprisingnly emotional

I don't post much, but I spend some time on this forum every day during the week reading your theories and observations to wait for each new episode, but... am I the only one who thought the cover of Elvis' Viva Las Vegas was terrible and didn't fit at all in the show ? I Don't think I've seen any post about it, but I think that was the only flaw of that episode
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

In terms of the music that makes Coop sit up and take notice, I felt that the first three individual notes echoed the beginning of Sycamore Trees, a tune which Coop definitely did hear.

Just sing along 'I got idea man' with it. It works.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

MysteryMan14 wrote:I've got a stupid question but who's singing this cover of Viva Las Vegas?
It's Shawn Colvin.

Fireboob

Post by Fireboob »

Just wanted to first say another epic episode . Kudos.

One thing i think iv worked out is that the figure that appears in the box in episode 1 is the thing hawk wont tell trueman . When you look at the symbol and then go back an watch episode 1 after that symbol being mentioned again, you notice what that the creature has ears/antennas. Im assuming this is "mother" but i may well be wrong on that.