Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

h2nho
Roadhouse Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by h2nho »

lotjx2 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that the Twin Peaks storylines are not going to resolve. Like we may get the Richard Horne story resolved with Chip screwing it up. Yet, I feel like Red's drug running, what is going in the Great Northern and even the New Briggs' family are going to be opened ended. It allows season two to focus more on Twin Peaks instead of the globe trotting we got this season. The big storyline of the Black Lodge invading the White Lodge and Cooper vs Cooper will have an end. The rest I am not so sure.
I love how people are so sure there'll be a fourth season. I agree that a lot of the plot lines we're seeing now will not have an end, but that's by design. I really do believe that Lynch & Frost look at Twin Peaks as a story that never ends, and therefore they're not going to end stories just because it's the end of the season. A fourth season is not guaranteed and some might say not even likely, so I think it's better to enjoy the moments as they come and make peace with having this show while we have it.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

HagbardCeline wrote:Did anyone else think it was odd that after Carl summons the VW Van driver, you never get a clear look at the driver? The windshield as it drives towards you is wiped out by glare, then when it switches to inside the vehicle, you only see the back of the driver, who doesn't interact with Carl at all. I wonder if it means this person will be a surprise reveal, or whether they wanted to reserve the right to recast the person if they need to. (This happened in some productions that I've been involved with, where a stunt-man or background actor portrays the character in a non-essential scene, then is replaced by another actor when they have dialogue and what-not later).
Nah, same guy from Part 6, "Bill". Look carefully, you see enough to confirm this. Carl Rodd is apparently the last decent person left in this decaying hell hole called Twin Peaks. His kindness has been rewarded and he is "rich" by T.P. standards and has a personal driver, just seconds away via a call on a whistle.
bill.JPG
bill.JPG (22.72 KiB) Viewed 8639 times
Someone here, in the know, said "Bill" was a production assistant or something in real life and not credited as an actor.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

h2nho wrote: I love how people are so sure there'll be a fourth season.
exactly...have people seen the ratings? yes the streaming makes a difference but it's not massive...if it wins golden globes or emmys next year...who knows...i'd prefer another theatrical film OR another lynch/frost project for showtime NOT connected to twin peaks
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

Novalis wrote: Image
The wood paneling on the wall looks similar to the wood paneling in the convenience store in FWWM:
Framed_Angel
RR Diner Member

Post by Framed_Angel »

Ragnell wrote:And bringing up that interview makes me think of one other Candie, Mandie and Sandie thing. For some bizarre reason, the brothers only ask Candie questions, and only send Candie to fetch visitors. If all THREE of them suffered from being trafficked and were rescued by the Mitchen Brothers and placed in this sweet gig where they get to stand around decoratively and serve drinks... maybe Candie is actually the most together and communicative of the 3. We haven't seen the other two talk AT ALL. Maybe they're nonverbal.
I've thought about the other 2 girls' nonverbal stance but haven't seen it mentioned much. I took it initially as part of their mystique. Like another of the brothers' eccentricities in what their role is under their employ, to be "seen and not heard", which at first bothered me. Even when Candie weeps by the TV set and one girl goes up to console her that girl still says nothing, and I wondered at them not even allowed to talk amongst themselves?
Then I wondered if Candie's incident sort of broke the ice or changed the code under which they're supposed to be silent, with her making her voice heard and opening up her position to take prime responsibilities for things like fetching the visitor. At first when they singled her out to do this I thought it was for her to earn their respect back or prove herself with a small task, undo what harm had been done, more for her sake since she had taken the swatting more personally than they did. But now I can't be sure, as the other girls stay voiceless.
And do the trio follow those brothers *everywhere*?? Into public places like a weird entourage?
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by AJPRR2GO »

Cappy wrote:Seeing Gersten Hayward slumming it and having an affair with a married man roughly half her age makes me feel like RIchard Horne might actually be Donna Hayward/Horne's son, and Gersten the burnt out aunt who was a negative influence.

But then again, the town of Twin Peaks in 2017 is a giant trailer park from what we've seen, so it's not like RIchard wouldn't have a wealth of negative influences everywhere else, regardless of parentage.

Everyone assumes that DoppelCoop raped and impregnated a comatose Audrey Horne before leaving town, but it's also possible he was doing something else in her room, like slipping the emerald lodge ring from FWWM on her finger. Or maybe he stole the little golden marble that contains her soul, kind of like the gold marble that was left behind following Dougie's disintegration in the Red Room.
I would just like to point out, on the off chance that no one else already has, that seeing 2 people standing together (granted it was closely together) is literally ALL we have to go on and we have already decided that they are sleeping together.
Maybe Becky is just that nutty girl who can't handle their significant other having any kind of contact whatsoever with another woman?
Maybe this older (as so many people also seem to mention) woman is some form of mentor for Steven. Trying to help him in life, with work, with his addictions.
We have seen absolutely nothing to confirm that they are actually doing anything at all besides talking, and yet the amount of posts inferring that they are screwing are very high.... Probably all correctly.
But it could also say far more about how quick we are to judge a situation based on absolutely zero knowledge of what is actually going on.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Well, Gersten looked "sweaty," "oily," or "gritty." She seems to have stepped down to Steven's level. And let's assume Becky wouldn't go into a nearly murderous rage over a tutoring session.
AJPRR2GO
Roadhouse Member

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by AJPRR2GO »

AJPRR2GO wrote:
Cappy wrote:Seeing Gersten Hayward slumming it and having an affair with a married man roughly half her age makes me feel like RIchard Horne might actually be Donna Hayward/Horne's son, and Gersten the burnt out aunt who was a negative influence.

But then again, the town of Twin Peaks in 2017 is a giant trailer park from what we've seen, so it's not like RIchard wouldn't have a wealth of negative influences everywhere else, regardless of parentage.

Everyone assumes that DoppelCoop raped and impregnated a comatose Audrey Horne before leaving town, but it's also possible he was doing something else in her room, like slipping the emerald lodge ring from FWWM on her finger. Or maybe he stole the little golden marble that contains her soul, kind of like the gold marble that was left behind following Dougie's disintegration in the Red Room.
I would just like to point out, on the off chance that no one else already has, that seeing 2 people standing together (granted it was closely together) is literally ALL we have to go on and we have already decided that they are sleeping together.
Maybe Becky is just that nutty girl who can't handle their significant other having any kind of contact whatsoever with another woman?
Maybe this older (as so many people also seem to mention) woman is some form of mentor for Steven. Trying to help him in life, with work, with his addictions.
We have seen absolutely nothing to confirm that they are actually doing anything at all besides talking, and yet the amount of posts inferring that they are screwing are very high.... Probably all correctly.
But it could also say far more about how quick we are to judge a situation based on absolutely zero knowledge of what is actually going on.

Maybe she's his piano teacher!! Image

Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

lotjx2 wrote:Does anyone else get the feeling that the Twin Peaks storylines are not going to resolve. Like we may get the Richard Horne story resolved with Chip screwing it up. Yet, I feel like Red's drug running, what is going in the Great Northern and even the New Briggs' family are going to be opened ended. It allows season two to focus more on Twin Peaks instead of the globe trotting we got this season. The big storyline of the Black Lodge invading the White Lodge and Cooper vs Cooper will have an end. The rest I am not so sure.
With all that is going on and the number of Parts/episodes left, I agree. It seems too much to resolve in such a short time (considering how long it has taken to get to this point). It's a shame if that is the case, as I have enjoyed the new locations and characters, and I have also really enjoyed seeing some the old faces, but still don't really know too much about them.

It has been mentioned back a few pages, the sheriffs office is on a "go slow". They really need to get a move on. Wouldn't Ben have called someone and mentioned the key turning up out of the blue? How many crimes does Richard have to commit before someone comes looking for him? (they wouldn't know about Miriam just yet) I do struggle with some of it. It is almost like they are on a go slow in that town, Shelly calls Norma when her daughter has run off with a gun. Come on, her fathers a cop! isn't that the logical person to call. I do find myself trying to egg them on while I am watching. :D
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

AJPRR2GO wrote:
Maybe she's his piano teacher!! Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
With all that is going on and the number of Parts/episodes left, I agree.
Oh ye y'all of little faith

i know i know
Cooperscoffeecup
RR Diner Member

Post by Cooperscoffeecup »

wAtChLaR wrote:
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
Okay okay Watchlar, I i trust you. if I recall correctly, there are still a number of scenes from the spoiler thread that haven't been seen yet.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:
Cooperscoffeecup wrote:
Okay okay Watchlar, I i trust you. if I recall correctly, there are still a number of scenes from the spoiler thread that haven't been seen yet.
i know we might be a little skeptical
but i think Lynch Frost have this nailed this time
too many years in development
:D

i know i know
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

AJPRR2GO wrote:Maybe she's his piano teacher!! Image

That would actually be a really fun twist on the situation.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Cappy wrote:
AJPRR2GO wrote:Maybe she's his piano teacher!! Image

That would actually be a really fun twist on the situation.
thank you for keeping Cappy alive

i know i know