Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by The Gazebo »

claaa7 wrote:Why can't he tell Margaret about these things? wouldn't it be wise to tell her?
Confidentiality. Hawk can only agree to the things she tells him, not give her information in return.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

The Gazebo wrote:
claaa7 wrote:Why can't he tell Margaret about these things? wouldn't it be wise to tell her?
Confidentiality. Hawk can only agree to the things she tells him, not give her information in return.
Its not like Margaret needs to know context for her messages to be relevant. The Log knows exactly what Hawk found.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Ragnell wrote:Its not like Margaret needs to know context for her messages to be relevant. The Log knows exactly what Hawk found.
Yeah, but didn't she ask Hawk what he'd found? I suppose that's why claaa7 asked. Of course she knows, she probably asked in order to start the conversation, but Hawk still can't tell her.
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

The Gazebo wrote:
Ragnell wrote:Its not like Margaret needs to know context for her messages to be relevant. The Log knows exactly what Hawk found.
Yeah, but didn't she ask Hawk what he'd found? I suppose that's why claaa7 asked. Of course she knows, she probably asked in order to start the conversation, but Hawk still can't tell her.
I know, but he also asked "Isn't it wise to tell her?" when really, she can give him really important information whether she knows or not.
The Gazebo
RR Diner Member

Post by The Gazebo »

Ragnell wrote:
The Gazebo wrote:
I know, but he also asked "Isn't it wise to tell her?" when really, she can give him really important information whether she knows or not.
Ahh, now I got it. My Friday evening brain is a bit slow - thanks :)
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

While we're on the subject of conversations between Hawk and Margaret, I just want to say that Hawk's silent reaction to Margaret's words in part 10 (Laura is the one) is some phenomenal, subtle acting by Michael Horse.
Last edited by Jasper on Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

wxray wrote:Sadly, this is life. I saw the whole "come by for pie and coffee" after as a comment on our culture. Calling and old friend and saying, "We need to meet sometime..." But then you never meet. It is real life.
AMEN!
psyifinotic
Roadhouse Member

Post by psyifinotic »

claaa7 wrote:doesn't it seem like the Log Lady speech in episode 10 doesn't correspond to the way Hawk and Margaret talk in this episode.. the way it presented in 11 it sounds like the first communication since episode 1/2 - "You found something...", "I should have contacted you earlier", etc. What he found is everything including the diary pages, the tube in the chair, the things on the map, right? Why can't he tell Margaret about these things? wouldn't it be wise to tell her?

i like the scene in at Sycamore in Buckhorn with the portal and the woodsmen in the stairwell but the way Albert and Cole reacts to nearly being sucked into another world, possibly being brutally killed, seeing partially invisible woodsmen, and finding their murder suspect head completely explode is the laziest writing/performance of the season. i mean seriously? "At least we found out..." "We sure did Albert!".. a comatose patient would have a stronger reaction to these events.
lazy writing? not in the scene where cole says 'he's dead' LMAO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Come on... Gordon and Albert's non-reaction to Hasting's corpse is FUNNY.
Mr. Strawberry
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Strawberry »

Snailhead wrote:Come on... Gordon and Albert's non-reaction to Hasting's corpse is FUNNY.
That was pretty damn funny. I found myself saying the same thing that Gordon says there, watching a scene in Part 13.
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

BEARisonFord wrote:
Zachary wrote:
BGate wrote:Didn't occur to me until now but, the montage of the Vegas strip had to have all been stock footage, right? I believe they didn't shoot anywhere outside of CA, WA and France.
And it's all out of order. I'm sure someone has a theory about Cooper being in a time-traveling "lodge limo" during that drive on the Strip. :D
Pretty sure they shot some stuff in Vegas.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4093826/locations Confirmed.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

IMDB, the same site that said Ray Wise was in all 18 episodes.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

<Too spoilery for the part 11 thread>
Last edited by Deep Thought on Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
fortinbras

Post by fortinbras »

Deep Thought wrote:Rewatching the dinner scene after watching part 15 *snip*
Should this be marked as spoiler?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

fortinbras wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:Rewatching the dinner scene after watching part 15 *snip*
Should this be marked as spoiler?
Oh yeah, you are right. I'll delete it in this thread. It should go in the 15 thread.
There's your roast beef and cheese.