Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Part 11 - There's fire where you are going (SPOILERS)

Post by baxter »

Snailhead- that's genius!
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

So not sure if this has been mentioned. I just noticed on my pre-12 11 re-watch:

When Cole's waving his arms in the air where Lillard saw Briggs, I think you can see flashing lights on what seems like a rack mount of electronic equipment, in the bungalow window.

I suppose it might be equipment from the film set, but it seems not well-hidden even if not obvious.
Northman
Roadhouse Member

Post by Northman »

Bobbys look at the kid and his father after the shooting incident outside the double R is the best statement about american gun-culture ever made. The disgust and horror.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Northman wrote:Bobbys look at the kid and his father after the shooting incident outside the double R is the best statement about american gun-culture ever made. The disgust and horror.
amen...1300 children die each year from gun violence and often from finding them laying around...the toddler deaths KILL ME :twisted:
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

this scene really was everything to me...choking back misty eyes....if Kyle doesn't win a golden globe imma gonna be super pissed
Attachments
Screenshot_20170803-173450.jpg
Screenshot_20170803-173450.jpg (352.94 KiB) Viewed 19127 times

i know i know
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

That green text..... augh!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

It's like an homage to Dougie's suit jacket.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

ugh
Last edited by wAtChLaR on Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

i know i know
mtsi
RR Diner Member

Post by mtsi »

LOL. ALL LOVE, bro

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We live inside a dream.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

mtsi wrote:LOL. ALL LOVE, bro

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

the spacing sans green TWIN PEAKS text LMAO

was for you......Ta

i know i know
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

TWIN
F**KING
PEAKS

please lord it's not millennials please

i know i know
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Millenial here... I would sure hope that doesn't lead any folks here to write off my posts.

Back to episode 11 - I'm really hoping that someone goes to visit the Log Lady. Hawk better stop by for that cup of tea. Lovely as it is to see her, I would cherish a scene where she's not on the phone and gets to interact with someone face to face.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Snailhead wrote:Millenial here... I would sure hope that doesn't lead any folks here to write off my posts.

Back to episode 11 - I'm really hoping that someone goes to visit the Log Lady. Hawk better stop by for that cup of tea. Lovely as it is to see her, I would cherish a scene where she's not on the phone and gets to interact with someone face to face.
Whoa, I watched part 10 on my laptop lying in bed last night right before I went to sleep, and I had a dream of characters (Hawk and Coop, I believe) visiting Margaret. I didn't remember it until now. Thanks.

I don't expect this to really happen, so please don't anybody take it as a prediction. That said, I did have a weirdly accurate dream about The Return a couple of weeks before it began (but I really, really don't expect other characters to visit Margaret due to the tragic circumstances of Catherine Coulson's illness).
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

doesn't it seem like the Log Lady speech in episode 10 doesn't correspond to the way Hawk and Margaret talk in this episode.. the way it presented in 11 it sounds like the first communication since episode 1/2 - "You found something...", "I should have contacted you earlier", etc. What he found is everything including the diary pages, the tube in the chair, the things on the map, right? Why can't he tell Margaret about these things? wouldn't it be wise to tell her?

i like the scene in at Sycamore in Buckhorn with the portal and the woodsmen in the stairwell but the way Albert and Cole reacts to nearly being sucked into another world, possibly being brutally killed, seeing partially invisible woodsmen, and finding their murder suspect head completely explode is the laziest writing/performance of the season. i mean seriously? "At least we found out..." "We sure did Albert!".. a comatose patient would have a stronger reaction to these events.
wxray
RR Diner Member

Post by wxray »

Snailhead wrote:Millenial here... I would sure hope that doesn't lead any folks here to write off my posts.

Sadly, this is life. I saw the whole "come by for pie and coffee" after as a comment on our culture. Calling and old friend and saying, "We need to meet sometime..." But then you never meet. It is real life.

As are the changes in people over 25 years in appearance and behavior. Bobby for instance is a different person. Twin Peaks is different.
And of course, in part 12 there is... well you'll just have to see. No spoiler here. :)