Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

cooper075

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by cooper075 »

Hockey Mask wrote:The only thing I could think of during the Audrey scene was all the "profoundly disappointeds" having conniptions. :D
You and me both!
cooper075

Post by cooper075 »

Hockey Mask wrote:The only thing I could think of during the Audrey scene was all the "profoundly disappointeds" having conniptions. :D
You and me both!
trismegistus
Roadhouse Member

Post by trismegistus »

I don't think the scene with the French woman and Cole was useless. His dialogue was very close to his dialogue about Lil from FWWM. We may not have a scene yet to break the code.

I'm being defensive of the episode but I say that as I was also let down. I just am getting the vibe that this one is setting vague, and I mean VAGUE, clues that would make more sense when seen once the show is complete. Like all the tiny details in Mulholland Drive that take on a new context later.
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

"Coordinates + 2"

What the hell does that mean?
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

It seems that the Audrey scene is setting up a way to lead absentee mother Audrey to realize her son Richard killed a kid and attempted to murder a woman, what with the mention of a stolen truck and Charlie's face dropping at the end of the phone call. How this will end up is beyond me but I'm sure that scene and the following scene will eventually mean something in the larger narrative. At the same time a lot of the conversation is intended to be absurd to someone who doesn't know the people that they are talking about. We may learn more about Charlie, Billy, Chuck, Tina, Paul, Angela, Clark, Mary, Abbie, Natalie, and Trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlyingSquirrel
RR Diner Member

Post by FlyingSquirrel »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:More great stuff.

I think we can take Audrey off the table, perhaps, as RIchard's mother. She doesn't seem to be involved with Richard at all, but some bloke named Billy.
I don't know about that - I assumed that Charlie was hearing about Richard being wanted by the police and that's what he was reluctant to tell Audrey.
Ashok
Great Northern Member

Post by Ashok »

Enjoyed the episode but that curveball with Audrey's introduction really threw me for a loop. I have a feeling I'll grow to appreciate it once I can see the bigger picture. One thing I really did miss in "Let's Rock" was Dougie Coop. I think Dougie may be one of my favorite arcs, haha.
"Whatever happened, happened." -Daniel Faraday
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

cgs027 wrote:So, what was the deal in the previous episode of Albert referring to the coordinates appearing to point "to a small town south of" (and then getting cut off), now that we've confirmed via Diane that they pointed directly to Twin Peaks? I would think Albert would have a holy sh*t moment there, not just gloss over it. And it doesn't make sense to say he didn't relay that info due to Diane being there, since he happily let her crib the coordinates off of the pic.

If the point was to have a bit of a cliffhanger, it was a pretty nonsensical way to go about it. The fact that Twin Peaks wormed its way into the whole Buckhorn investigation wouldn't have caused a EUREKA from these guys?!?
Yeah, this was my other issue. We should've seen the FBI team realise they were being directed to Twin Peaks earlier, and the reaction should've been a "holy hell" one.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

trismegistus wrote:I don't think the scene with the French woman and Cole was useless. His dialogue was very close to his dialogue about Lil from FWWM. We may not have a scene yet to break the code.

I'm being defensive of the episode but I say that as I was also let down. I just am getting the vibe that this one is setting vague, and I mean VAGUE, clues that would make more sense when seen once the show is complete. Like all the tiny details in Mulholland Drive that take on a new context later.
I was trying to see if there was something different in this Dr. Amp tirade that would give a clue as to some otherworldly significance. but I did not catch anything.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

Well, that episode was fun for a while...
I wonder if Q2 is gonna be up for a fan edit some day?
;)
-
As above, so below.
-
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm a little speechless after this one.

I will say that the scene with Sarah in the market was incredible. Something very bad is happening in the Palmer house.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

The Audrey scene is an example par excellence of Lynch fucking with us. Though there's a lot of scenes like that in this and I don't mean just this episode. Really the whole show is like that. As for this set-up with Audrey leading somewhere or meaning much within the larger narrative...I'm not at all convinced that it will.
Hockey Mask
RR Diner Member

Post by Hockey Mask »

thedougpa wrote:We may learn more about Charlie, Billy, Chuck, Tina, Paul, Angela, Clark, Mary, Abbie, Natalie, and Trick.
Maybe it is Lynch's 21st century take on Invitation to Love.
cgs027
RR Diner Member

Post by cgs027 »

FlyingSquirrel wrote:
Wonderful & Strange wrote:More great stuff.

I think we can take Audrey off the table, perhaps, as RIchard's mother. She doesn't seem to be involved with Richard at all, but some bloke named Billy.
I don't know about that - I assumed that Charlie was hearing about Richard being wanted by the police and that's what he was reluctant to tell Audrey.
That was my takeaway, too. Especially if we assume the Billy character being referred to is one and the same as the one who was likely killed (offscreen) by Richard Horne. Of course, that's a pretty crazy stretch if Audrey was having an affair with that guy, but... maybe she's just the "cool mom" of Twin Peaks and hangs out with younger dudes and buys them booze and drugs. Ha!
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Hockey Mask wrote:
thedougpa wrote:We may learn more about Charlie, Billy, Chuck, Tina, Paul, Angela, Clark, Mary, Abbie, Natalie, and Trick.
Maybe it is Lynch's 21st century take on Invitation to Love.
Now that's an interesting thought.