Haven't read the thread yet but my first impressions were as follows.
this is probably my least favorite episode of the series so far.. here's what I liked/loved on first viewing: most of the Twin Peaks scenes were wonderful! the way it was shot and directed where gorgeos all the way through, loads of beautiful angles and set ups that really had that TP feeling.
* everything with Sarah Palmer was pure gold all the way from picking up bottles to her meeting with Hawk. beautiful!
* Tthe conversation between Truman and Ben was perfect. Both are great actors that truly have sunk their teeth into these roles. it was good to see the 315 key get into the hands of the TP police department Also since Ben says that Richard never had a father I think we can all lay to rest the fact that Audrey is Richard's mother.
* Which brings us to Audrey! Man just seeing her is so powerful and her acting was TOP NOTCH here. it seems she has married some rich scmuck for his money only and is meeting another guy named Billy to fuck her and love her. Either way I loved her scene despite not really knowing what was going on.
* Jerry finally getting out of the woods haha.. short but sweet
* The short cut of DougieCoop and Sonny Jim playing catch was also funny. did y'all see how cool that small section was shot and directed (i'm talking the whole LV scene).
* The scene with Warden Murphy being assassinated by Huch and his wife was chilling and very well done. horrible when his little son ran out screaming for his dad and Hutch was like "Next stop Wendys".. that's COLD!
what I didn't like was mainly everything that had to do with Gordon and the Blue Rose team.. at first when they were talking about Project Blue Book and how it was shut down in the '70s i was hyped because of how it connected with The secret History but then...
* When they then literally spelled out exactly what the Blue Rose means and invited Tammy I was like "Get the fuck out of here"!!! i really don't want the Blue Rose to be explained at all, it in itself should remain a mystery.
* And then the scene with Gordon having wine with that young beautiful model had me cringing. What the fuck Lynch? it just felt wrong on so many levels and didn't work at all for me.
* we haven't seen Bad Coop since episode 9.. i want to know what's up with him.
* At the end of that long Audrey scene she said she was going to the Roadhouse which set up something going down with her and that Billy during the Roadhouse performancce, instead we get two girs we haven't seen before (or have we?) talking about god knows what over ANOTHER performance by CHhomatics. There music is good but there's so many great artists out there that could've gotten that spot. Also their music is HEAVILY synth based so why don't they have a synthesizer player up there with them. A minor gripe but still.
I was super suprised when it said "Starring Kyle Machlan" though, this episode really flew by, i thought maybe 35-40 minutes had passed at that point. I really loved a lot o this episode but the Gordon/Albert/Tammy scenes dragged it down a bit for me.. it should be noted that i have slept very bad tonight and put on the TV/comp at about 4:30 this morning, brew some coffee and watched it so i will definitely have to do a rewatch - most of these episodes get better on rewatches. maybe i'll do it tonight