Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

TheLodger1980

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Postby TheLodger1980 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm

I'm definitely in agreement that Diane is being possessed by The Arm based on the sound made when she entered the room with Gordon, Albert, and Tammy, and saying Let's Rock. Maybe The Arm is working with Evil Coop for some reason. Sarah also seems to be interacting with the Black Lodge (e.g., the parallel with the fan in FWWM and the interaction between BOB and Laura) (what if the woodsmen are looking to find a new host for BOB that they retrieved from Evil Coop?). Also, is it just me or were there Blue Roses next to Miriam Sullivan in
her hospital bed?
TheLodger1980

Postby TheLodger1980 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Anybody know if the hum in the last scene with Diane is the same that was in the Great Northern?
Last edited by TheLodger1980 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Framed_Angel

Postby Framed_Angel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:20 pm

Cappy wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:Thanks Big Ed, and for those with MEGO just looking at my post above, the summary is:
The Audrey scene circles around how Audrey was raped by Mr. C. while believing it was Cooper. Cooper (Billy) is missing, Mr. C. (Chuck) stole his sole, and Diane (Tina) is the only one who knows what's going on. Charlie is that part of Audrey keeping her in denial, and possibly keeping her in a coma or otherwise incapacitated for some reason (maybe she made a deal and the coma is her side of the bargain).

This a very good summation. I don't think Audrey is literally in a coma, but she is a deep state of denial, wherever she is.
Agreed -- Deep Thought your interpretation has me totally fascinated. Well worth the read. I will be thinking about it for some time.
Everyone should read the full interpretation who didn't already, before it gets backed up into the archives: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3710&start=720#p98222
lotjx2

Postby lotjx2 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:23 pm

People go find the WWE Smackdown Fashion Peaks segment for this week's episode. Amazing stuff.
Framed_Angel

Postby Framed_Angel » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Twice, a farmer was mentioned in Part 12.

One in South Dakota, whose "daughter went missing";
another in Twin Peaks, who showed up to help "Trick" get his car back on the road where he'd been run off it.

Some poster at welcometotwinpeaks speculated whether the missing girl might be Darya (i.e. daughter of the turnip farmer lady).
As another observer noticed during Part 11 that Gersten was wearing a jacket quite similar to Darya's, I can't rule out that Darya's story is done yet, or that she's connected to the ongoing story in ways we've yet to see. (Is Buella her mother?)

And in Part 8 Mr C asked Ray while he was driving "You probably want to go to the place known as 'The farm'?" It remains a mystery why the farm where Mr C ended up meeting with Chantal and Hutch later, was a place Ray would "want to go" like it was a key destination, what was in it for him ?

As for Trick getting assisted by a farmer out of his car -- if there's turkey jerky in the grocery aisles of Twin Peaks perhaps the farmer runs a turkey farm.
Last edited by Framed_Angel on Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Fool me once... shame on me!"
nonemoreblack

Postby nonemoreblack » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:44 pm

Cappy wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:How are the two situations similar? Leo was an abusive alpha male; Charlie is a whiny sleepy "milquetoast." Sure, they're both terrible marriages, but whereas Shelly was a prisoner, Audrey/Charlie feels like a marriage of convenience where Audrey is the dominant partner and could end the "contract" if she wanted to.

I guess I wouldn't want to see Audrey and Shelly having similar story arcs/situations in the Return, in regards to their relationships to their respective kids. I read a post that suggested Audrey was like Shelly, in that she was a mother who turned a blind eye or was oblivious to their offspring's dangerous lifestyle. Audrey and Shelly have nothing alike aside from that potential scenario, assuming Audrey even knows who Richard is.

I love both characters, but I wouldn't want to see them going through identical story arcs being in denial about turbulent children. Obviously Richard is way more to handle than Becky, but that's the gist of what I was trying to say.

This. And them both getting caught up with messy guys instead of paying attention to their children. Audrey's types were Dale Cooper and John Justice Wheeler. Idk, something is off.

I also disagree that Charlie is innocent in this instance. He might not be physically abusive, but I definitely got the sense he was the one in control in that conversation, and for whatever reason Audrey was pretty much trapped.
wxray

Postby wxray » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Really good stuff, people, especially Deep Thought.

On rewatch, I've warmed up to this episode, except for maybe Jacoby's rant and the girls/music, but that's no biggie. Watching the Audrey situation in a new light is fascinating.

Kids, don't do heroin, especially DKL heroin. It messes with your mind for life.
nick1218

Postby nick1218 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:59 pm

Rhodes wrote:
Jonah wrote:I think when we all heard Lynch was directing it all it sounded too good to be true. We expected a full season filled with episodes like Episode 14 and Episode 29. But instead we're mostly getting the weaker parts of "Mulholland Drive", in my opinion.

Mulholland Drive doesn't have any weaker parts. For me, it is the only movie in history that is flawless/perfect from the first second till the last.

its not even top 5 of Lynch films
Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 pm

nick1218 wrote:Mulholland Drive doesn't have any weaker parts. For me, it is the only movie in history that is flawless/perfect from the first second till the last.

Well, that and Little Nicky.
There's your roast beef and cheese.
wAtChLaR

Postby wAtChLaR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:05 pm

nick1218 wrote:

its not even top 5 of Lynch films

wait...what?
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
wAtChLaR

Postby wAtChLaR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:06 pm

Deep Thought wrote:
nick1218 wrote:Mulholland Drive doesn't have any weaker parts. For me, it is the only movie in history that is flawless/perfect from the first second till the last.

as crazy as it sounds i wonder how little Nicky grew up

i know i know
Deep Thought

Postby Deep Thought » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:16 pm

wAtChLaR wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

Just watch the movie, Adam Sandler nails it. :lol:
There's your roast beef and cheese.
wAtChLaR

Postby wAtChLaR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:17 pm

Deep Thought wrote:
wAtChLaR wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:

Just watch the movie, Adam Sandler nails it. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

i know i know
ScarFace32

Postby ScarFace32 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:24 pm

Audrey is the creepiest looking part of the whole season so far :shock:
wAtChLaR

Postby wAtChLaR » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:28 pm

ScarFace32 wrote:Audrey is the creepiest looking part of the whole season so far :shock:
it's the evangelism peeking through...she's killing me with her born again spiel....go back to the weed Sherilyn...go back to the weed

i know i know

Return to “Parts Discussion”