Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by Deep Thought »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I understand people's love of analyzing every minute detail, and far be it for me to rain on anyone's parade, but I really wouldn't put much stock into something like the phases of the moon. The original show was notorious in fan circles for showing close-up shots of the moon between scenes which were completely inconsistent episode to episode with the series' one-episode-one-day structure. And whatever the moon looks like in that sniper scene, it's because that's what the moon happened to look like on the night that they had that location and Tim Roth and JJL were available to film there. I'd bet the homestead that DKL didn't schedule a shoot around getting a specific phase of the moon.
Party Pooper! :lol:
There's your roast beef and cheese.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

If they could CGI Cooper's abs, then they surely would have CGI'ed in the proper phase of the moon.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Count me in the group that I thought Diane would be a little more craftier ...staying two steps ahead of all around her. I get that plot wise, the FBI Boys have to be on to her, but it would be interesting if she kept catching on to their being on to her and constantly changes how she communicates with the mysterious contact.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Audrey Horne wrote:Count me in the group that I thought Diane would be a little more craftier ...staying two steps ahead of all around her. I get that plot wise, the FBI Boys have to be on to her, but it would be interesting if she kept catching on to their being on to her and constantly changes how she communicates with the mysterious contact.
Interesting. I am hoping there is a good explanation for how easily the FBI is on top of her every move, especially since she seems to be involved with the zone. Maybe she is just not that bright. Her job was transcribing field agents' notes and getting them coffee, right? I guess a clue that she is competent and intelligent would be if Gordon and Albert start sexualizing her.
Snailhead
Great Northern Member

Post by Snailhead »

Wonderful & Strange wrote:
Snailhead wrote:I loved this episode. The Sarah scenes were phenomenal, as was Ben's material.

I am shocked at the reaction on here to "cole's girl" - I ADORED that scene. That was the funniest scene of the new series for me.

The only part I didn't like was the Nadine / Jacoby scene. As others have noted, it was a recycling of previously shown material.
I also love this part -- not episode -- and I think people should ask themselves, take the next step in the thought process, and ask themselves why the Jacoby scenes might be "recycled" n terms of story and theme?

Instead, for some reason, people assume this is some kind of mistake. Try beginning with the possibility that it's intentional, and you begin to see that intention.
To be clear, I don't see it as a mistake, and I don't doubt it's intentional. I just didn't like seeing the same thing again - I wouldn't have minded as much if it didn't go on for as long as it did.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I understand people's love of analyzing every minute detail, and far be it for me to rain on anyone's parade, but I really wouldn't put much stock into something like the phases of the moon. The original show was notorious in fan circles for showing close-up shots of the moon between scenes which were completely inconsistent episode to episode with the series' one-episode-one-day structure. And whatever the moon looks like in that sniper scene, it's because that's what the moon happened to look like on the night that they had that location and Tim Roth and JJL were available to film there. I'd bet the homestead that DKL didn't schedule a shoot around getting a specific phase of the moon.
This 100%
I've seen people talking about the moon phases on Twitter as well, and I agree, I wouldn't put any stock in it.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

Ross wrote:
This 100%
I've seen people talking about the moon phases on Twitter as well, and I agree, I wouldn't put any stock in it.
Yeah, you're right. It's hard to imaging David lynch putting any thought into such a small detail as the phase of the moon. :lol:
Attachments
1500944289-hawk-map-9-warning-to-frank-you-dont-ever-want-to-know-about-that22.jpg
1500944289-hawk-map-9-warning-to-frank-you-dont-ever-want-to-know-about-that22.jpg (57.61 KiB) Viewed 8563 times
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Deep Thought wrote:
Yeah, you're right. It's hard to imaging David lynch putting any thought into such a small detail as the phase of the moon. :lol:
you make me laugh...a lot....refreshing
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

Deep Thought wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I think the Audrey scene occurs in the same reality as the rest of the show. That's all I have on that.
Yowza Needleman, look at our two avatars next to each other!
Not my thing tbh
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Deep Thought
RR Diner Member

Post by Deep Thought »

N. Needleman wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
N. Needleman wrote:I think the Audrey scene occurs in the same reality as the rest of the show. That's all I have on that.
Yowza Needleman, look at our two avatars next to each other!
Not my thing tbh
Uh, OK, lol. Go about your business then my friend. I'll be thinking about the similarities between Candy and the French Woman.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Deep Thought wrote:
Uh, OK, lol. Go about your business then my friend. I'll be thinking about the similarities between Candy and the French Woman.
i got what you meant

i know i know
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

N. Needleman wrote:
Deep Thought wrote:
I completely agree
Mr. Jackpots
RR Diner Member

Post by Mr. Jackpots »

I'm not totally in board with Audrey is inside a coma dream theory.

But since people seem to love all these alternate reality theories, I was wondering if anyone has suggested that this entire show so far has been inside Audrey's coma dream. After all "we live inside a dream ".

Personally I think the closest thing to an alternative reality going in Twin Peaks. Is the Lodge Red Room stuff. And that's it.
AgentEcho
RR Diner Member

Post by AgentEcho »

Has anyone theorized that Audrey is a Doppelganger? Perhaps Evil Cooper's visits were really about getting more doppelgangers in key places (why Audrey would be key, who knows). Hopefully the real Audrey and Diane are safely tucked away in a Lodge if that's the case.

(this is what's called throwing a theory at a wall)
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

AgentEcho wrote:Has anyone theorized that Audrey is a Doppelganger? Perhaps Evil Cooper's visits were really about getting more doppelgangers in key places (why Audrey would be key, who knows). Hopefully the real Audrey and Diane are safely tucked away in a Lodge if that's the case.

(this is what's called throwing a theory at a wall)
this theory would be most welcome because if not...i don't see anything redeeming about the character anymore ....miserable human

i know i know