Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

djsunyc
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by djsunyc »

damn, with those pics...is audrey at the great northern?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

djsunyc wrote:damn, with those pics...is audrey at the great northern?
Probably not, but either way, one thing about part 12 that nobody can complain about is a lack of wood interiors in Twin Peaks. :lol:
Dreamy Audrey
RR Diner Member

Post by Dreamy Audrey »

Speaking of circle necklaces:

I've been wondering for some time, if there was a connection between the drugged-out mother ("119") and rash girl (Ella) because both are wearing similar coin necklaces (and it looks like the drugged-out mother might have a rash as well). And now in Part 12, we had Natalie with a similar Roadhouse scene like Ella, and she was wearing a coin necklace as well. The silver coins in connection to the junkies (mother and Ella) reminded me of the drug dealer Red and his coin trick, by the way.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Dreamy Audrey wrote:Speaking of circle necklaces:

I've been wondering for some time, if there was a connection between the drugged-out mother ("119") and rash girl (Ella) because both are wearing similar coin necklaces (and it looks like the drugged-out mother might have a rash as well). And now in Part 12, we had Natalie with a similar Roadhouse scene like Ella, and she was wearing a coin necklace as well. The silver coins in connection to the junkies (mother and Ella) reminded me of the drug dealer Red and his coin trick, by the way.
Excellent observations.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Ross wrote:For people who read the old spoiler thread...

What ever happened to...
Spoiler:
Renzo?
Ok- that's weird...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Ross wrote:
Ross wrote:For people who read the old spoiler thread...

What ever happened to...
Spoiler:
Renzo?
Ok- that's weird...
Ask and ye shall receive...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
zeronumber
RR Diner Member

Re: RE: Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by zeronumber »

sewhite2000 wrote:The EW podcast has been terrific. I've been listening to it every week.

I saw an article on TVGuide.com which claimed a new theory has been "exploding all over the Internet". Here's the theory: the "Chuck" referenced by Audrey is actually Richard. Chuck is a familiar variation on Charles, so this theory claims his real name is Richard Charles Horne or Charles Richard Horne, and that he's the son of Charlie and Audrey. Audrey says Chuck stole a truck, and we know Richard was driving a stolen truck.

I'm just throwing that out there, since I heard it. Not saying I endorse it. Actually, I think the theory is kind of week. First of all, Ben said Richard had "no father", so it seems unlikely that Charlie, who's still alive and appears, for better or worse, to still be a big part of Audrey's life, would have been an absent father. Also, why would Richard have the last name Horne instead of Charlie's last name? Using his mother's last name? Again, seems unlikely Richard would use his mother's last name if his father has always been around and is still part of his mother's life. (Also, the theory accepts Audrey's is Richard's mother, which still hasn't been definitively stated).

I was a little annoyed the article claimed the theory was "all over the Internet" when I hadn't heard anyone from here mention it! Surely, this is one of if not the largest forum where fans of the show gather!
Agree with EW podcast outstanding.

I also dig Diane podcast with its saavy Brit spin on our beloved obsession.

Sent from my NEC-NE-201A1A using Tapatalk
sylvia_north
RR Diner Member

Post by sylvia_north »

nick1218 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
Ene wrote:I personally thought the French woman was hilarious, her acting was just perfectly over the top. Kind of surprised though that the womanizer theme for Cole is so central.
why is a woman like that in south dakota? lol

I dont know but when I get in my 70s and have a giant hearing aid at least I know I can go to South Dakota and pick someone up in a bar who looks like a model :)
This particular hotel is in Paris, the exterior is shown in 13. Then again, the exterior of Ike's motel is clearly in LA.

Janey E is wearing a circle pendant also in 13.
Too Old to Die Young > TP S03
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

"Let's knock!!!"

*Gordon knocks at the table*

haha
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

Ross wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote: I think that's supposed to be the takeaway. I do think actually mentioning the time restriction would have helped though.

And since this plan had been in place for like ten years, it might have made sense for EvilCoop to make sure the switch actually happened before going thru with the hit.
But, if the switch didn't happen, then presumably Doppelcoop would be in the Black Lodge again anyway (and real Coop would've taken his place in the car). What's Doppelcoop care if the real Dougie Jones gets killed at that point? It'd be his last middle finger to the world before returning.
No I meant if the switch didn't happen at all at that exact moment. Like - if for some reason the switch happens an hour late. Or a day late. Then the hit men kill the real Dougie and ruin evilCoops plan. Why not wait til after to make sure?
I assume there is a real specificity to the time it would happen that Doppelcoop already knew about (though, it does beg the question, why be driving around when that happens, and risk getting arrested? But, then again, he got arrested, and had dirt on the warden anyway .. so was that part of his plan? Or just poor plotting? Or do we accept that Doppelcoop has some sort of supernatural omnipotence).
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

Rudagger wrote: why be driving around when that happens, and risk getting arrested? But, then again, he got arrested, and had dirt on the warden anyway .. so was that part of his plan? Or just poor plotting? Or do we accept that Doppelcoop has some sort of supernatural omnipotence
Um... I thought that was obvious. Not trying to be Mr Smartypants, I thought Mr. C explicitly stated as much; that after Ray got arrested, he made plans to get himself arrested so he could spring Ray (and the coordinates he needed, I mean, wanted. Even if he didn't say that to Ray back in 8; remember the first thing he did (after killing Darya) when he found out Ray was at Yankton: he downloaded blueprints for the prison (and, I assume, some dirt on the warden).
Rudagger
RR Diner Member

Post by Rudagger »

whoisalhedges wrote:
Rudagger wrote: why be driving around when that happens, and risk getting arrested? But, then again, he got arrested, and had dirt on the warden anyway .. so was that part of his plan? Or just poor plotting? Or do we accept that Doppelcoop has some sort of supernatural omnipotence
Um... I thought that was obvious. Not trying to be Mr Smartypants, I thought Mr. C explicitly stated as much; that after Ray got arrested, he made plans to get himself arrested so he could spring Ray (and the coordinates he needed, I mean, wanted. Even if he didn't say that to Ray back in 8; remember the first thing he did (after killing Darya) when he found out Ray was at Yankton: he downloaded blueprints for the prison (and, I assume, some dirt on the warden).
I've seen each episode twice, but, even then I can miss stuff, haha. It's been a ton of content to keep track of.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
But, if the switch didn't happen, then presumably Doppelcoop would be in the Black Lodge again anyway (and real Coop would've taken his place in the car). What's Doppelcoop care if the real Dougie Jones gets killed at that point? It'd be his last middle finger to the world before returning.
No I meant if the switch didn't happen at all at that exact moment. Like - if for some reason the switch happens an hour late. Or a day late. Then the hit men kill the real Dougie and ruin evilCoops plan. Why not wait til after to make sure?
I assume there is a real specificity to the time it would happen that Doppelcoop already knew about (though, it does beg the question, why be driving around when that happens, and risk getting arrested? But, then again, he got arrested, and had dirt on the warden anyway .. so was that part of his plan? Or just poor plotting? Or do we accept that Doppelcoop has some sort of supernatural omnipotence).
BadCoop knew that the switch was about to happen, 2:53 was always the time on that specific day. the day before he says to Darya that "tomorrow i'm about to be dragged back to that place they call the Black Lodge.. but i'm not going to let that happen". he says he needs to be alone for a few days and is driving in the opposite direction from the prison according to Albert. so this was something he had to do before he went to the prison to get Ray out of there in order to get the coordinates. the following theory on why he is out in the desert and the importance of electricity for him and Cooper in the Mauve room at the same time holds a lot of weight imo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... h=f634994e
whoisalhedges
RR Diner Member

Post by whoisalhedges »

Rudagger wrote: I've seen each episode twice, but, even then I can miss stuff, haha. It's been a ton of content to keep track of.
Ain't it the truth? :lol:
Ragnell
RR Diner Member

Post by Ragnell »

Rudagger wrote:
Ross wrote:
Rudagger wrote:
Well, he wanted to be arrested to get Ray. Timing it this way means if the Dougie plan doesn't work he has at least managed to royally screw over Good Dale by getting him into a car accident AND having enough incriminating stuff in the trunk to send him to federal prison.