Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Discussion of each of the 18 parts of Twin Peaks the Return

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

cgs027
RR Diner Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by cgs027 »

dropkick23 wrote:
cgs027 wrote:So, what was the deal in the previous episode of Albert referring to the coordinates appearing to point "to a small town south of" (and then getting cut off), now that we've confirmed via Diane that they pointed directly to Twin Peaks? I would think Albert would have a holy sh*t moment there, not just gloss over it. And it doesn't make sense to say he didn't relay that info due to Diane being there, since he happily let her crib the coordinates off of the pic
It almost feels like that would have happened before they went to twin peaks 25+ yrs ago.
Hmmm, I see where you're going with that... But if Albert was unfamiliar with Twin Peaks in this current timeframe, why was it heavily implied that Diane (via her face after zooming in on the phone) was WELL aware of the implication of the coordinates pointing there?
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Robot Butler wrote:
Esselgee wrote:Also, do we really need to see the warden getting killed? Is it really important for the story going forward?
It establishes they are a threat and mean business, like the triple homicide with Ike earlier this season.
Yeah, I guess but I thought that was already established with the dead farmers.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Taperecorder wrote:Well, that episode was fun for a while...
I wonder if Q2 is gonna be up for a fan edit some day?
;)
Please, no. IMHO, that's incredibly disrespectful of an artist's work. Doing it with S1+S2 was bad enough. Doing it with a piece of work that is entirely under Lynch's artistic control and is of tremendous importance to him is disrespectful and arrogant to boot.
Taperecorder
Roadhouse Member

Post by Taperecorder »

garethw wrote:
Taperecorder wrote:Well, that episode was fun for a while...
I wonder if Q2 is gonna be up for a fan edit some day?
;)
Please, no. IMHO, that's incredibly disrespectful of an artist's work. Doing it with S1+S2 was bad enough. Doing it with a piece of work that is entirely under Lynch's artistic control and is of tremendous importance to him is disrespectful and arrogant to boot.
There's a fucking winky face under my post. Relax.
-
As above, so below.
-
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I actually liked this episode - not my favorite, but there was some great stuff. . .

Audrey's appearance caught me totally off guard! Sherilyn looks AMAZING! What is the contract they had? Did something happen to her as a result of the coma? Is Charlie the same guy in the photo with Mr. C in front of the NY box? And why doesn't Charlie have a last name in the credits?

And what the hell is in Sarah Palmer's kitchen ?! :shock:
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

I liked how Audrey mentioned dreams can predict the future, or something to that effect. Did anyone else think she was referencing Cooper?

(Perhaps he'd told her about his dream with Laura revealing her killer, at some point? Or maybe she was referencing her dreams/prayers while trapped in One-Eyed Jack's that Coop would rescue her.)
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Jerry Horne wrote:
AgentEcho wrote:Oh my Lynch is having so much fun screwing with people's expectations. All this build up to Audrey, with the earlier scenes with Frank and Ben almost tantalizingly dancing around naming Richard's mother, not to mention all the buildup for leaving her off the screen, then she abruptly appears in a surely intentionally jarring smash cut mid pan. We learn she's in a loveless marriage to a dwarf and is having an affair with a missing man named Billy, and there's a long extended conversation where a bunch of names were dropped, none of which were Richard, while Audrey impatiently waits for some information she never receives. If you place Audrey in the role of the audience impatient with all of this it is truly comedy gold.
It was the theme of the entire episode. Did anyone else keep waiting for Ben to hand the key to Frank??
Yes! After Sheriff Truman mentioned the investigation involving Cooper, it was like he was reluctant to give it to him.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

well that's going to be an embarrassing press day tomorrow for Sherilyn Fenn....shoulda let her rest in peace in bank explosion

disaster
i'm a moderator's nightmare

i know i know
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Before tonight I actually thought they might cut Fenn out of the series completely.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
ryanmj1993
Roadhouse Member

Post by ryanmj1993 »

I really don't see how this show is gonna rap up I'm 6 more parts. Especially at the rate it's moving. There are way to many storylines that are just kinda sitting there. I'm gonna be really disappointed if we have a bunch of in answered questions. Some questions left unsanswered is fine because it's Lynch lol. I really want to imagine we're gonna see old Coop back in action but I think that's not gonna happen. I can't believe it's almost over.
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

Guess my take is pretty much the same...most of the first half was pretty riveting (esp. the Sarah Palmer stuff) and the rest just spiraled into deliberate obscurity.

I took some of this as "Lynch f***ing with the audience" as well. My question is, isn't it getting a little late in the game for that excuse to be popping up so much? Messing with the audience might be fun, but it hardly makes for good and satisfying art. I've enjoyed most of this so far, but somewhere in the back of my mind the warning bells are sounding that we might already know as much as we're ever going to know about any of these storylines.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

madeleineferguson wrote:The Sarah Palmer scenes were riveting, I can't wait to watch them again.
MORE SARAH PALMER PLEASE

i know i know
blue_tomorrows
Roadhouse Member

Post by blue_tomorrows »

wAtChLaR wrote:well that's going to be an embarrassing press day tomorrow for Sherilyn Fenn....shoulda let her rest in peace in bank explosion

disaster
Yeah, that entire sequence was poor on every level.
wAtChLaR
RR Diner Member

Post by wAtChLaR »

Jerry Horne wrote:Before tonight I actually thought they might cut Fenn out of the series completely.
shoulda woulda coulda

i know i know
John Justice Wheeler
RR Diner Member

Post by John Justice Wheeler »

blue_tomorrows wrote:I took some of this as "Lynch f***ing with the audience" as well. My question is, isn't it getting a little late in the game for that excuse to be popping up so much?
Not if the entire show is constructed that way.