Post by Wonderful & Strange »

Boy, did Lynch subvert people's expectations with Audrey! :lol:
Member of the Agent Tammy Preston Defense Lodge
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Part 12 - Let's rock (SPOILERS)

Post by mtwentz »

C-Lee wrote:This part was a letdown.
I think it was a letdown because we were expecting an Episode 8. I have to admit half the part I had no idea what was going on.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
crumble

Post by crumble »

feels like.... i wonder if Lynch decided to have Audrey marry a dwarf as a sort of punishment for being difficult? or perhaps her resistance to joining the show this season had something to do with that element of the plot. also... no Cooper at all right?
tamygdala
Roadhouse Member

Post by tamygdala »

I've loved the entire series so far but this part was monumentally disappointing. The Audrey scene was excruciating - Let's Rock was a dud. Let's hope Part 13 gets back on track.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

djsunyc wrote:the roadhouse scene was 100% useless.

and looks like audrey and richard horne are not really mom and son - or at least not a present mother.
They did not say one way or another. Audrey made no mention of him, but that does not mean she is not his mother.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
richsmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by richsmith »

Well the last 20 minutes of that episode might have been the worst stretch of The Return so far. Baffling, and not in the usual good Lynch way.
Esselgee
RR Diner Member

Post by Esselgee »

This episode showed a lot of promise early on...a Chet Desmond mention. People from the sheriff's office interacting with the some old characters. A Sheriff Truman back in Ben Horne's office.

...but a lot of useless filler. Cole's girl, reused(?) Dr. Amp/Nadine stuff, Audrey scene that seemed pointless and went on forever, three new characters in the roadhouse that seem to be introducing a completely unrelated storyline.

Also, do we really need to see the warden getting killed? Is it really important for the story going forward?
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

The Sarah and Hawk scene was very intense. Poor Sarah.

Sonny Jim hitting DroolCoop in the head with a baseball was a hoot, and recalled Andy getting in the head in Tibetan Rock Throw.
ThumbsUp
RR Diner Member

Post by ThumbsUp »

I enjoyed it, but it might be my least favourite episode so far.

So great to finally see Audrey. I suspect Billy might've been killed by Richard? Because of the talk of a stolen truck and Charlie's disgusted expression?

I really enjoyed Grace Zabriskie's acting as well.
crash_and_burn
Roadhouse Member

Post by crash_and_burn »

I've realized this show is really hitting me emotionally, because it is exposing my own mortality as I watch and see what has become of my favorite characters over time.

The trials and pitfalls, the crow's feet and failed dreams, the hope for the future in children, the repetition of the past in familial patterns carried into the future.

It will hurt like hell if Sonny Jim or Janey-E come to harm.

Seeing that talk between Ben and Frank was just as poignant as the scenes with Sarah.

Honestly I feel blessed that I get to witness this.
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Some great shots of The Fan tonight. Also Chet Desmond shout-out, Grace Zabriskie killing it, Audrey and Charlie and Billy and Paul and Tina, "To Tammy and the Blue Rose," and many more stellar moments. And Scott Coffey finally appears! As Trick, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

tamygdala wrote:I've loved the entire series so far but this part was monumentally disappointing. The Audrey scene was excruciating - Let's Rock was a dud. Let's hope Part 13 gets back on track.
It was definitely different...
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
crumble

Post by crumble »

I *loved* that scene with Cole and the French girl, and the stuff with Ben Horne. The Audrey stuff was great in its way, but also kind of sad in an uncomfortable way.
IAmHappeningAgain
Roadhouse Member

Post by IAmHappeningAgain »

Oh boy, the Audrey scene was terrible; the Roadhouse ending was useless; Cole and that woman was excruciating. Outside of the Sarah Palmer scenes, this was a disaster.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Esselgee wrote:This episode showed a lot of promise early on...a Chet Desmond mention. People from the sheriff's office interacting with the some old characters. A Sheriff Truman back in Ben Horne's office.

...but a lot of useless filler. Cole's girl, reused(?) Dr. Amp/Nadine stuff, Audrey scene that seemed pointless and went on forever, three new characters in the roadhouse that seem to be introducing a completely unrelated storyline.

Also, do we really need to see the warden getting killed? Is it really important for the story going forward?
Actually, I was thinking the same thing about the Warden. That scene seemed unnecessary. He could have been killed off screen.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly